Start by marking “Tummy Girl” as Want to Read:
Tummy Girl

Tummy Girl

Celebrate the girl you love
From wobbly first steps to romping in the rain, this vibrant book captures the precious early years of a child’s life and a parent’s wish for her bright future. Styled as an adorable “album†of art and verse, this is a fresh new portrait of the most cherished years of childhood.

Tummy Girl is a 2008 Bank Street - Best Children's Bo
Published April 17th 2007 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Tummy Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tummy Girl

Alanna
Mar 08, 2010 Alanna rated it really liked it
This book is so sweet I tear up when I read it. It is definately a book that is meant to be read out loud. I don't think my 2 1/2 year old likes it as much as I do, but she does pick it out sometimes out of her giant book collection.
Amber
May 07, 2008 Amber rated it it was ok
The illustration are charcoal & pastles and the color added digitally. The whole book rhymes. I'm not a huge fan of books that rhyme.
Karen
May 03, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it
Dear Roseanne Thong: Thanks a lot for making me cry while I'm trying to read to my baby girl!
Feb 26, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Made me cry when I read it to my daughter.
Jen Woo
Jan 08, 2017 Jen Woo rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
A caregiver's perspective of watching their happy, inquisitive, and daring baby grow into a happy, inquisitive, and daring girl.

* Recommended as a "guaranteed-to-make-you-cry-read-and-therefore-not appropriate-for-storytime" read, by a Children's Services Librarian.
Angelina Justice
Jan 25, 2014 Angelina Justice rated it it was amazing
I love the cadence and sweetness of this story. But I also love that you can't tell what "color" or ethnicity the little girl in the story might be. The illustrations allow her to be every beautiful little girl.
Melanie
Aug 13, 2015 Melanie rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best children's books I've ever read. The rhyming and story line were adorable. I read this book to my four month old and almost cried at the end. I rented this book from the library but I am definitely buying it.
Kate
Jan 30, 2008 Kate rated it it was amazing
This book reminds me of Jillian. It kind of looks like her too!
Bethany Erickson
Picked this out randomly at the library today. Read it tonight with my husband to our daughter, and we both teared up at the end. Wasn't expecting that, but so sweet!
Nadia
Dec 03, 2012 Nadia rated it liked it
I think it's okay but Inara *adores* this book beyond reason.

**Still adores this beyond reason. I now skip pages.
Suzanne
May 07, 2008 Suzanne rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
This was a really cute book about children growing up but always being seen as that tiny baby they were in their parents' eyes. But the repitition was too monotonous for me.
Gabrielle
Aug 04, 2009 Gabrielle rated it liked it
This is an adorable book that follows a baby girl through childhood. The rhyming is fun with lots of word play.
Carmela
Mar 26, 2010 Carmela rated it really liked it
This was such a cute little picture book. I'm going to be sure to have it on my shelf for my children.
Tricia
Apr 21, 2014 Tricia rated it did not like it
Shelves: library-mitchell
"That's too sing-songy". My 6 year old. This is probably more suitable for a toddler, but I didn't care for it regardless.
Naomi
May 16, 2015 Naomi rated it it was ok
While I understood where the author was heading, I thought she failed in the approach. The book actually came off as cheesy to me rather than celebrating the young girl.
Theresa
Jun 02, 2011 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alexis-jonathan
Adorable! Its like a scrapbook of my five year old daughter.
David
Feb 06, 2009 David rated it really liked it
I thought this was a book for toddlers. It's about a girl growing up to about 8ish. It was really cute.
Suzanne
Sep 09, 2007 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Daughters and their parents
Shelves: picture-books
This is an ADORABLE picture book, especially for parents to read to their daughters. Love it!
Victoria Nemecek
Victoria Nemecek rated it really liked it
May 03, 2008
Dale Xedrik
Dale Xedrik rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2013
Adam
Stunningly similar to The Iza.
Miri
Dec 13, 2013 Miri rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
So, so cute.
Hannahlily
Hannahlily rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2011
Melissa Shelley
Melissa Shelley rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2009
Lady
Lady rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2010
Ava
Ava rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Sharon Lawler
Sharon Lawler rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Also writes as Roseanne Greenfield Thong.
More about Roseanne Thong...