Start by marking “Tummy Girl” as Want to Read:
Tummy Girl

Tummy Girl

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Celebrate the girl you love

From wobbly first steps to romping in the rain, this vibrant book captures the precious early years of a child’s life and a parent’s wish for her bright future. Styled as an adorable “album” of art and verse, this is a fresh new portrait of the most cherished years of childhood.

Tummy Girl is a 2008 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year.
Published April 17th 2007 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Tummy Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tummy Girl

This book is so sweet I tear up when I read it. It is definately a book that is meant to be read out loud. I don't think my 2 1/2 year old likes it as much as I do, but she does pick it out sometimes out of her giant book collection.
The illustration are charcoal & pastles and the color added digitally. The whole book rhymes. I'm not a huge fan of books that rhyme.
Dear Roseanne Thong: Thanks a lot for making me cry while I'm trying to read to my baby girl!
Made me cry when I read it to my daughter.
This was one of the best children's books I've ever read. The rhyming and story line were adorable. I read this book to my four month old and almost cried at the end. I rented this book from the library but I am definitely buying it.
While I understood where the author was heading, I thought she failed in the approach. The book actually came off as cheesy to me rather than celebrating the young girl.
Bethany Erickson
Picked this out randomly at the library today. Read it tonight with my husband to our daughter, and we both teared up at the end. Wasn't expecting that, but so sweet!
"That's too sing-songy". My 6 year old. This is probably more suitable for a toddler, but I didn't care for it regardless.
Angelina Justice
I love the cadence and sweetness of this story. But I also love that you can't tell what "color" or ethnicity the little girl in the story might be. The illustrations allow her to be every beautiful little girl.
This was a really cute book about children growing up but always being seen as that tiny baby they were in their parents' eyes. But the repitition was too monotonous for me.
I think it's okay but Inara *adores* this book beyond reason.

**Still adores this beyond reason. I now skip pages.
This is an adorable book that follows a baby girl through childhood. The rhyming is fun with lots of word play.
I thought this was a book for toddlers. It's about a girl growing up to about 8ish. It was really cute.
This was such a cute little picture book. I'm going to be sure to have it on my shelf for my children.
Sep 09, 2007 Suzanne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Daughters and their parents
Shelves: picture-books
This is an ADORABLE picture book, especially for parents to read to their daughters. Love it!
Adorable! Its like a scrapbook of my five year old daughter.
This book reminds me of Jillian. It kind of looks like her too!
A joyous celebration of little girlhood.
Really sweet book about a little girl growing up.
Stunningly similar to The Iza.
So, so cute.
Mollie marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Green Is a Chile Pepper: A Book of Colors Round Is a Tortilla: A Book of Shapes Round is a Mooncake: A Book of Shapes Red is a Dragon: A Book of Colors Fly Free!