Start by marking “The Jefferson Project” as Want to Read:
The Jefferson Project

The Jefferson Project

Sam Archer, an analyst with Homeland Security, finds clues to an impending terrorist attack on American soil. While attempting to stop it, he uncovers an even darker threat, one that could tear the nation apart.

At the same time, Sam’s son David and his classmates are challenged by their political science professor to come up with solutions to the nation’s problems. David
nookbook (ebook), 513 pages
Published December 13th 2010 by Steinwald Books (first published March 18th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Jefferson Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jefferson Project

Queen
Apr 05, 2010 Queen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Courage. Conviction. Committment.

That's what the characters in THE JEFFERSON PROJECT embody.

THOR DUFFIN, in a great sweep of the written word has created intelligent, real, hopeful heroes that are willing to risk it all to serve the country they love.

Sometimes it seems our system in the USA is tied up in so many knots that it's hard to figure out how to extricate ourselves from the tangled web of self-serving politicians. Yes, we can vote, but often - there isn't any good choice to be had. It's
Heather Clapp
Aug 17, 2010 Heather Clapp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found myself wishing this book was reality.

Thor Duffin, through riveting fiction, presents a very real and attainable solution to our countries current mess and corruption, and he does so without preaching. This is the most relevant and visionary works of fiction I've read in years. If you don't find yourself thinking "THIS SHOULD HAPPEN!", you are probably not as frustrated with our current state of affairs as I am.

From the beginning, Duffin reveals true talent in creating believable faceted
Jami
Jul 26, 2010 Jami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A timely novel depicting the fall of democracy in the United States. I don't think anyone hopes we see such insane levels of corruption and malicousness by our government and the unavoidable civil unrest that would undoubtedly follow such relations, it does sometimes feel like we are right on the brink of something scary. I found myself desperately wishing that US2 was real and that many states were pushing for real change just as the author writes about in this book.

While I in no way believe th
Chrisitna
Apr 11, 2010 Chrisitna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chrisitna by: Stephanie Huang Porter
I gave this book 4 stars NOT because I LOVED it, but because it really made me think about politics and how our country operates.

The book is written in a style typical for this genre, jumping from one short chapter to another, from one of 30 characters to another-little soundbites of chapters. The writing isn't spectacular, yet not unbearable. The characters are two dimensional and unbelievable. I never felt drawn to any of the characters because they seemed so unreal and fake. The story is fun
P W
Mar 20, 2011 P W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The person who gave me this book did me 2 favors: they gave me the book AND told me, "it has a lot of characters and plot lines, so be patient and stick with reading it." So I actually put a post-it note inside the cover like a cheat sheet to record the key individuals. Since I have only a few minutes to myself per day to read, I knew I could easily forget some of the characters by only reading 1-2 chapters a day. But eventually the book grabbed me by the collar and I could not stop until I fini ...more
Alissa
Oct 05, 2010 Alissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It had some very interesting points about government. There was a lot of talking and discussing of ideas in the story. I really enjoy the subject matter, but for someone who isn't as interested in politics, they might find this book slow in parts. It almost needed a little more action. I also felt overwhelmed with all of the characters. Sometimes I would forget who was who. Overall it was an interesting look at what our country may be on its way to becoming--though, let's ho ...more
Virginia
May 16, 2011 Virginia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We all want to fix what is wrong with our government. It took great courage for the students and teacher to find a way to fix what is wrong. I am not sure that what they suggested would fix it but the whole story was exciting. It is crazy today to see that so many of the senators, etc. lie, cheat on their wives, and yet they do not have time to agree and fix what is wrong. It seems today they are only in it for the prestige and the money. It is totally wrong that they can raise their own pay and ...more
Gary Rominger
Thor Duffin is without a doubt an up and coming national arthur. He will be up there with Clancy & Ludlum. Although a fictional read, Thor has brought the reality of current events to our doorsteps. It's a "wake up and smell the coffee" get real book that speaks to all of us. All that read this book should study it again and again; think about the ideas; and, take action. I'm looking for more!
Rachel
Oct 12, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given the book by the author to read and "see what I thought." It's been a while since I've read anything in this genre, but I'd be happy!

Just like I told him, it starts out a little slow in the beginning, but I found myself not wanting to put it down!

It's definitely political, but something I think everyone of us needs to be more aware of these days!

It makes you think...which is a good thing!!!
Jacob
Dec 21, 2011 Jacob rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazing
Wow. Just wow. This book was amazing. It has a lot of food for thought on how to fix the government. And even without that, it's also an entertaining read. The political ideas seemed very well intertwined within the story as a whole. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good book. This book kept me up until 2 AM for a couple nights reading it. One of my favorite stand alone books.
Lee
Mar 15, 2011 Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesomeness
I found The Jefferson Project both full of hope and depressingly plausible. The picture it paints, through fiction, of a corrupt and mis-motivated government seems all to accurate. The ideas and courage of its characters are inspiring and intriguing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the read and look forward to more from Thor Duffin.
Ms W
Mar 28, 2016 Ms W rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
AW: Oh, if only we could just wipe the books clean of old, abused, archaic laws and processes that no longer serve an effective purpose for our country or its citizens. This book outlines some suggestions for doing just that, all-be-them impossible, pretty intriguing thoughts.
Kirk
Sep 12, 2010 Kirk rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The idea behind this book is intriguing but the journey wasn't that enjoyable. It felt long and I had to force myself to keep reading to get through it.

Lori
Jun 23, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a great read, especially in today's political climate. Very pertinent and thought provoking. I'm also biased, because I'm the author's wife. But is seriously is worth the read.
Lucinda
Sep 22, 2010 Lucinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I loved this book! Is a must read.
Dee Scocos
Dee Scocos rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2012
roberttino
roberttino rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Dick Ferguson
Dick Ferguson rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2013
Bruce DeMarco
Bruce DeMarco rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Debra
Debra rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2012
Doug Bailey
Doug Bailey rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2015
Vicki Beard
Vicki Beard rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2010
Kay  Coonrod
Kay Coonrod rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2012
Wendy Duffin
Wendy Duffin rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2013
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2011
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2011
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Lee's Library
Lee's Library rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2013
Tom Tischler
Tom Tischler rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2011