Large Catechism

Large Catechism

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Websters paperbacks take advantage of the fact that classics are frequently assigned readings in English courses. By using a running English-to-Korean thesaurus at the bottom of each page, this edition of Martin Luthers Large Catechism by Martin Luther was edited for three audiences. The first includes Korean-speaking students enrolled in an English Language Program (ELP),...more
Paperback, Webster's Korean Thesaurus Edition, 158 pages
Published (first published 1529)

To ask other readers questions about Large Catechism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Large Catechism

Kevin Clouse
This is an excellent book to read along with the Bible. Luther really goes in depth into the Ten Commandments, the Lord's Prayer and the Creed, as well as the meaning behind the Sacraments. Definitely helps to foster a deeper understanding. Will definitely read multiple times.
Mwansa
Really good book that explains the basics all Christians need to know and seldom take for granted. Luther takes great pains to explain the basics in sufficient detail and clarity, the only part that i can say sort of lost me was the part on baptism but after reading through it the second time around I was all good.

Great Clarity from the book and the glory must go to God alone who used the man.
David
This is an excellent primer for all Christians on the basic supplements to Christian thought and practice. Found within are commentaries to the ten commandments, the apostles' creed, and the sacrements of Baptism and Eucharist. I've read all sorts of adult catechism material but somehow missed this one. I'd love to see an updated version, i.e. Eugene Peterson reworks Luther's Large Catechism.
Ike
Interesting, because you pick up on Luther's personality at times.

You also get a little sense of how important being a father was to Luther.

I don't think I will read it again anytime soon, but it had some interesting stuff in it.
Eddie
A great work to be read more than once.

I'm always humbled by the bit about this book being written for "children" and the "simple minded".
Jo
It has great questions and helps.
Brad
Audio book (from librivox.org)
Brent
I can't recommend it enough.
David
David added it
Sep 01, 2014
Jordan Ventura
Jordan Ventura marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Braedon
Braedon marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Glen Bonnet
Glen Bonnet marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Carrie Jolly
Carrie Jolly marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Ja Boling
Ja Boling marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Luanus
Luanus marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Ted Beer
Ted Beer is currently reading it
Jun 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Martin Luther was a German monk, theologian, university professor and church reformer whose ideas inspired the Protestant Reformation and changed the course of Western civilization.

Luther's theology challenged the authority of the papacy by holding that the Bible is the only infallible source of religious authority and that all baptized Christians under Jesus are a spiritual priesthood. According...more
More about Martin Luther...
The Bondage of the Will 95 Theses On Christian Liberty (Facets) Luther's Small Catechism, with Explanation Martin Luther: Selections from His Writings