Start by marking “Aphrodite's Secret (Superhero Central #3)” as Want to Read:
Aphrodite's Secret (Superhero Central #3)

Aphrodite's Secret (Superhero Central #3)

A sexy superhero vows to win back the love of his life at any cost.
Published November 23rd 2010 by Love Spell (first published April 28th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Aphrodite's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aphrodite's Secret

wrecked_life
Jan 15, 2017 wrecked_life rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this is an unusual book. I loved it, of course. Story is quite interesting. Superheroes, villainous fathers, kidnapped kid, romance, intrigue, and lots of drama. All in all an interesting mix of weird events. I enjoyed reading it and am sure to check out other books in this series.
Aurian Booklover
Oct 27, 2015 Aurian Booklover rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jason Murphy has screwed his life up, big time. The day he found out who his father is, his girl friend told him she was pregnant. And he really did not deal with the as he should have. He wanted to confront his father and bring him before the Council of Protectors, but instead, he was captured and held prisoner in his dolphin form for 6 years. An earthquake helped him escape his father’s secret island lair.
The next year he spend under suspicion on Olympus, being interrogated as they suspected
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aphrodite’s Secret by Julie Kenner
Protectors/Superheros Series Book 3 (5th Story)
Jason Murphy is a Protector with bad timing. When his girlfriend gave him what should have been good news, he decided to take care of some other business before celebrating. Who knew he’d be held captive for six long years. By the time he was allowed back into the real world he had lost almost seven years of his life. He had vengeance on his mind.

Lane Kent had been alone for a long time. She did have her foster brot
Julie
Jun 12, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun summer read by the pool. I read book #3 first which I didn't know when I bought it that I was jumping right in the middle of a series. It's more of a spin off series since each book is about a different character. I will probably read the others in the series but not with as much anticipation since I already know the outcome of their romances. I like the premises of these book, superheroes living among us. In this story Jason was held captive for 6 years by an evil man who's an ou ...more
Amanda
Sep 26, 2009 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: julie-kenner
This is book three in this series, by Julie Kenner, at first I wasn't sure about it because I had never heard of Jason before but then when I found out that even though it was about Jason it was also about Lane and i got really happy because Lane so deserved her HEA. I liked Jason i thought he was very well rounded and knew where he was going. I loved that he wanted to connect with his Son and that after all these years he was still in love with lane. but even though I was very happy about this ...more
Jessi
Jason Murphy hasn't really lived the last seven years. Right after he found out his girlfriend was pregnant, he was captured by Hieronymous, the uber-bad-guy of the series, who is also Jason's father. He was trapped in fish form (oh, yeah, he's a Protector, superpowers good inventions, etc.) in a glass bowl for six years and spent the last year trying to get back into the good graces of the High Council as well as working up the nerve to meet his son.
Unfortunately, his introduction comes when H
Relina Skye
Apr 22, 2015 Relina Skye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Aphrodite's Secret" is the third book in the Superhero Series by Julie Kenner. Up until this point in the series, Lane and Davy have been minor characters. Lane is a single mom, trying to do it all, raise her son, go to law school, and to find a man that would love to be Davy's dad. Little does she realize that Jason, Davy's biological father is back and wants to be a part of their lives again. Taken prisoner seven years ago, Jason was finally able to escape a year ago. Stuck on Olympus for abo ...more
Diana
Feb 16, 2008 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Jason abandoned her right after she told him she was pregnant, Lane's heart was broken. Now seven years later, Jason is back in their lives to protect their son and to get back his family.

I think I had to started to read this book years ago and never finished it. But now, I'm not sure why I had such a problem! I really enjoyed the story of love getting redemption, even if it sometimes bordered on fantastical. Jason got a bum rap, and now he has to fix what was broken. It doesn't help that H
Jan 10, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aphrodite, owned
Jacqui Ainsworth
Nov 10, 2009 Jacqui Ainsworth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
This was one of my favorites of this series. Everybody is just so wonderfully (for a reader) conflicted and all of the other characters from the previous books are there in a very believable way. It's not like the "insert token entrance of former main character" like a lot of series do. This series is very well integrated, this book especially.
Kathy
Mar 25, 2014 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third in the series.

This story revolves around Jason, a Protector who left his mortal girlfriend on the day she announced she was pregnant. Years, later he's back and she finds out he was held prisoner by the main bad guy in this series, Hieronymous. The gang is soon trying to stop Hieronymous from doing devilish deeds to Jason and Tracy's genius son.

Good fun.
Jody
Jan 05, 2016 Jody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seem to be reading a lot of these random, average books lately! It was pretty decent for it's genre, but nothing unexpected, or amazing, so doesn't warrant more than 3 stars. Perfect fluff reading for the holidays, with a happy ending.
Gege86
Sep 03, 2012 Gege86 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot, it was really, really good. The story was soooo funny I just couldn’t stop laughing; I enjoyed the part when the hero turns to a dolphin, only like wow. The concept was new and thrilling; the whole story was so very good.
Mpb
Dec 12, 2012 Mpb marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist
Goodreads Synopsis:

Jason Murphy is a Protector--a man endowed with a ton of superpowers, none of which can help in his love life. The woman he loves no longer trusts him because he put his supercareer before her. Now, Jason vows to win her back at any cost. Original.
Miss Ryoko
Jun 04, 2009 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Haha I think this is the greatest romance novel I've ever read because it is absolutely ridiculous! Character with abilities to change into animals and such...I loved it!
Alan
May 15, 2015 Alan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Third book in the series was equally enjoyable and equally fluffy as the first two. Good summer holiday reading as long as you skip all the repetitive thinking sections and stick with the action.
Kathy Davie
Sep 04, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bringing gods and goddesses into the 20th century, dealing with superheroes...and having fun doing it!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Ms. Kenner interprets the Greek Mythology in a slapstick humourous way. I enjoyed all of the Aphrodite series. Fun, lighthearted and a good afternoon read.
D. Barger
D. Barger rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2007
Jacek
Jacek rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2016
Cheryl Archbold
Cheryl Archbold rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2011
Jan
Jan rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2015
j.elaine
j.elaine rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2009
Amy Gatten
Amy Gatten rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2009
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2011
Dusty Rose
Dusty Rose rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
May 17, 2013
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2013
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2014
  • A Mother's Way
  • Sex & the Immortal Bad Boy (Immortally Sexy, #4)
  • Gone with the Witch (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Wife for a Day
  • The Babe Magnet
  • Jinx (Bigtime, #3)
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
  • Change of Heart (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #6)
  • The Wife Test (Brides of Virtue, 1)
  • Be My Baby Tonight (Trehan Brothers, #2)
  • A Breath of Magic (Magic, #3)
  • A Basket of Wishes
  • Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)
  • Her Man Friday
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • Christmas Revels
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and International bestselling author of over seventy novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New York Tim
More about Julie Kenner...

Superhero Central (7 books)
  • Aphrodite's Kiss (Superhero Central #1)
  • A Mother's Way
  • Aphrodite's Passion (Superhero Central #2)
  • Aphrodite's Flame (Superhero Central #4)
  • These Boots Were Made for Stomping (Superhero Central 4.5)
  • Aphrodite's Delight