Start by marking “Your Road Map for Success: You Can Get There from Here” as Want to Read:
Your Road Map for Success: You Can Get There from Here

Your Road Map for Success: You Can Get There from Here

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Defining success is a difficult task. Most people equate it with wealth, power, and happiness. However, true success is not a thing you acquire or achieve. Rather, it is a journey you take your whole life long.
In a refreshingly straightforward style, John Maxwell shares unique insights into what it means to be successful. And he reveals a definition that puts genuine succ
Published October 1st 2006 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Your Road Map for Success, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Road Map for Success

Tony Rogers jr
This book is exactly what the title says: Your Road Map for Success. I was pleasantly surprised at the range of topics the author covered in this book. Everything from having a dream and structuring your plan to communicating with people, mentoring others and building a strong family. This is an excellent book for learning the foundational principles of success. Highly recommend

Tony Rogers Jr
Author of Visionary: Making a difference in a world that needs YOU
Andrew
this review first appeared on [http://intraspace.blogspot.com]

this isn't usually the sort of book i select for myself, but i got given this copy by my pastor at christmas time, so i thought i'd give it a shot.

john maxwell is a fairly well-known christian author, but this book is mainstream in its approach. it has lots of sensible advice on how to set and pursue your goals etc. i think books like this are written for a particular personality type, and i think that sometimes authors of books like
Dj
Great book. The core idea that success is a journey is simple and profound. You might be thinking this is simply a question of success being something that takes time to achieve - that it's a journey - a process - to getting where you want (a destination, as it were.) The core message of this book is much more than that. Maxwell says that success is never reached like a destination but that the very goal we seek ("success" as defined here) is a way of life (an ongoing and deeply rewarding experi ...more
Mercelyn
As of the book, it made me feel that the author is really talking to me every time I read the book as if he's their lecturing me. It made me realize what is really my purpose and how to achieve true success. I learned that my true purpose is deeper that what i had realized and it opened my eyes to the true meaning of what being a successful person truly is. It's not about the money or the achievements that you have accomplished in your life but how that accomplishment had helped others.

It made m
James Knowles
Read this during my walk today. It's a good review if you're familiar with the topic of success and personal development, and probably a good introduction if you're not.

Maxwell's easy to read and doesn't bog you down with trivia. Just the essentials, perhaps a story, and he moves on to the next subject.

Turki
The best thing I noticed in this book is that tiny thoughts (what you are gonna do in the future) will hang up for a little while, this is because there is a set of points & questions you have to answer before you go forward. And in the result, your plans will be with you whenever/wherever you go.
Joyce
It was my copy. Parts I thought I did not like, overmuch quoting which was in previous book, but I like where he went with it. Biblically based motivational plan for success -- growing to one's potential and taking others with you. Find what you're meant to do and do it!
Daniel yusof
Feb 14, 2008 Daniel yusof is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i read this book recently, very good book.... through this book, i know that success is not a destination but a journey......

also, if happiness are our aims, we are going to fail b cos we never have the ability control our surrounding..... we never satisfy everyone
Leandro Padula
El título del libro puede dar la impresión de que trata de un libro de auto-ayuda barato, pero dista de eso. Es una lectura muy recomendable para los que quieren empezar a sumergirse en el mundo de los negocios.
Ricka
I am going to read every book John C Maxwell has written! If you are looking to change the way you think and your success. Start here!
Noya
Success is not about position; it's about journey towards your chosen destination!!!
Christian L.Eastburn
If you are looking for direction in your life, this book is a must read.
Keith
John Maxwell has written the same book 20 times. This is one of them.
Suria Sen
Aug 14, 2007 Suria Sen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
akan dipinjamkan oleh koko ATE..
Boss...
Tiara Morris
Tiara Morris marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Stephen Hester
Stephen Hester marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Brady Shackelford
Brady Shackelford marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Rudolph Soriano
Rudolph Soriano marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Cesar Romo
Cesar Romo marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Hesham Ouf
Hesham Ouf marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Lana
Lana marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Arowolo Olabanji
Arowolo Olabanji marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
  • Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  • The Winners Manual: For the Game of Life
  • A Leader in the Making: Essentials to Being a Leader After God's Own Heart
  • How to Get What You Want
  • The Secret: What Great Leaders Know - And Do
  • Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement
  • Trump 101: The Way to Success
  • The Seed: Finding Purpose and Happiness in Life and Work
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • One Minute Sales Person, The: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life
  • Flipping the Switch...: Unleash the Power of Personal Accountability Using the QBQ!
  • I Dare You
  • Lincoln on Leadership: Executive Strategies for Tough Times
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (Rich Dad's (Paperback))
  • Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality
  • Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being
  • A Game Plan for Life: The Power of Mentoring
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
The Chronological Study Bible (NKJV) The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible: Classic Edition How to Be a Gentleman: A Timely Guide to Timeless Manners The Holy Bible, KJV The Holy Bible, King James Study Bible (KJV)

“Happiness simply cannot be relied upon as a measure of success.” 50 likes
“people with a positive attitude focus their time and attention on solutions, not problems.” 2 likes