Start by marking “Your Road Map for Success: You Can Get There from Here” as Want to Read:
Your Road Map for Success: You Can Get There from Here

Your Road Map for Success: You Can Get There from Here

Defining success is a difficult task. Most people equate it with wealth, power, and happiness. However, true success is not a thing you acquire or achieve. Rather, it is a journey you take your whole life long.
In a refreshingly straightforward style, John Maxwell shares unique insights into what it means to be successful. And he reveals a definition that puts genuine succ
Published October 1st 2006 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Your Road Map for Success, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Road Map for Success

Tony Jr.
Feb 11, 2015 Tony Jr. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
This book is exactly what the title says: Your Road Map for Success. I was pleasantly surprised at the range of topics the author covered in this book. Everything from having a dream and structuring your plan to communicating with people, mentoring others and building a strong family. This is an excellent book for learning the foundational principles of success. Highly recommend

Tony Rogers Jr
Author of Visionary: Making a difference in a world that needs YOU
Andrew
Jun 18, 2007 Andrew rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
this review first appeared on [http://intraspace.blogspot.com]

this isn't usually the sort of book i select for myself, but i got given this copy by my pastor at christmas time, so i thought i'd give it a shot.

john maxwell is a fairly well-known christian author, but this book is mainstream in its approach. it has lots of sensible advice on how to set and pursue your goals etc. i think books like this are written for a particular personality type, and i think that sometimes authors of books like
Dj
Jun 30, 2009 Dj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. The core idea that success is a journey is simple and profound. You might be thinking this is simply a question of success being something that takes time to achieve - that it's a journey - a process - to getting where you want (a destination, as it were.) The core message of this book is much more than that. Maxwell says that success is never reached like a destination but that the very goal we seek ("success" as defined here) is a way of life (an ongoing and deeply rewarding experi ...more
Mercelyn
Sep 29, 2008 Mercelyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As of the book, it made me feel that the author is really talking to me every time I read the book as if he's their lecturing me. It made me realize what is really my purpose and how to achieve true success. I learned that my true purpose is deeper that what i had realized and it opened my eyes to the true meaning of what being a successful person truly is. It's not about the money or the achievements that you have accomplished in your life but how that accomplishment had helped others.

It made m
James Knowles
Sep 22, 2008 James Knowles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this during my walk today. It's a good review if you're familiar with the topic of success and personal development, and probably a good introduction if you're not.

Maxwell's easy to read and doesn't bog you down with trivia. Just the essentials, perhaps a story, and he moves on to the next subject.

George_trejo
Jan 27, 2016 George_trejo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Aunque los conceptos son interesantes, no son muy diferentes de lo que otros libros similares ofrecen. Las ideas son explicadas de forma clara. La edición que he leído tiene varios errores de ortografía y de escritura.
Marianne Mullen
May 15, 2016 Marianne Mullen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-growth
I really enjoyed this book. Very easy to read and while on a journey to figure somethings out...it has been insightful. It's the type of book I would need to reread at different times in my life, but right now it really helped me to see a direction I need to take.
Joyce
It was my copy. Parts I thought I did not like, overmuch quoting which was in previous book, but I like where he went with it. Biblically based motivational plan for success -- growing to one's potential and taking others with you. Find what you're meant to do and do it!
Leandro Padula
Jul 07, 2010 Leandro Padula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El título del libro puede dar la impresión de que trata de un libro de auto-ayuda barato, pero dista de eso. Es una lectura muy recomendable para los que quieren empezar a sumergirse en el mundo de los negocios.
Daniel yusof
Feb 14, 2008 Daniel yusof is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i read this book recently, very good book.... through this book, i know that success is not a destination but a journey......

also, if happiness are our aims, we are going to fail b cos we never have the ability control our surrounding..... we never satisfy everyone
Nabil Magdy
Nov 13, 2014 Nabil Magdy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psych-h-r, 2014
صورة النجاح الحقيقية ..
" النجاح هو أن تعرف مقصدك فى الحياة وتنمو لبلوغ اقصى امكانياتك وتزرع بذوراً تفيد الاخرين ... فعندما تنظر الى النجاح باعتباره رحلة لن تكون لديك ابداً تلك المشكلة المتمثلة فى محاولة الوصول الى غاية نهائية وهمية"
Turki
Aug 17, 2011 Turki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best thing I noticed in this book is that tiny thoughts (what you are gonna do in the future) will hang up for a little while, this is because there is a set of points & questions you have to answer before you go forward. And in the result, your plans will be with you whenever/wherever you go.
Jim George
Some good advice.
Riko
Nov 04, 2007 Riko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very inspiring.
Ricka
Jul 11, 2011 Ricka rated it it was amazing
I am going to read every book John C Maxwell has written! If you are looking to change the way you think and your success. Start here!
Suria Sen
Aug 14, 2007 Suria Sen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
akan dipinjamkan oleh koko ATE..
Boss...
Christian L.Eastburn
If you are looking for direction in your life, this book is a must read.
Peter Magdy
Oct 11, 2015 Peter Magdy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
الكتاب ممناز، بعض الفصول فيه حقا تحتوي علي خبرة حقيقة ، أي ليس مجرد لغو عن النجاح
و ربما اقرا في المستقبل الفصل السادس مرة أخري (العطفات )
Silvia
Aug 18, 2012 Silvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genius!
Supomo Hanasti
Supomo Hanasti rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2017
Todd Mckeever
Todd Mckeever rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Adewale Adeniji
Adewale Adeniji rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2012
Hemant Vijay
Hemant Vijay rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2016
Alfredo Morinigo
Alfredo Morinigo rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Christian Torres Grajales
Christian Torres Grajales rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Brian Phillips
Brian Phillips rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Traci DeBoard
Traci DeBoard rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2012
Gathiri Kihuria
Gathiri Kihuria rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
  • The Winners Manual: For the Game of Life
  • Over the Top
  • A Leader in the Making: Essentials to Being a Leader After God's Own Heart
  • The On-Time, On-Target Manager: How a "Last-Minute Manager" Conquered Procrastination
  • How to Sell Your Way Through Life
  • Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  • Trump 101: The Way to Success
  • I Dare You!
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (Rich Dad's (Paperback))
  • The Little Red Book
  • Heiress to a Curse (Drakon Clan #1)
  • Even Eagles Need a Push: Learning to Soar in a Changing World
  • A Game Plan for Life: The Power of Mentoring
  • Homeland
  • Small Message, Big Impact: The Elevator Speech Effect
  • Chip of the Flying U
  • The New Magdalen

“Happiness simply cannot be relied upon as a measure of success.” 54 likes
“people with a positive attitude focus their time and attention on solutions, not problems.” 3 likes