Start by marking “Zach's Law” as Want to Read:
Zach's Law

Zach's Law (Hagen #4)

From New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper comes a classic love story about a man who lives by his own strict code—and the headstrong woman who’s determined to crack it.

When car trouble leaves her stranded in a deserted corner of the Rockies, love is the last thing on Teddy Tyler’s mind. But there’s no denying the attraction that grips her the minute she lays eyes
Published May 24th 2011 by Bantam (first published November 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Zach's Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zach's Law

Debbie
Oct 01, 2012 Debbie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

This was one of those books that makes me think that I should write because I could certainly write something better. The plot was flat, the characters boring, and the writing poor. I don't think I will bother with this author again.
Naomi Nair
Jun 12, 2013 Naomi Nair rated it did not like it
Disappointing!! Be prepared to be shocked, confused, annoyed and what not when you read this book. At some point you will feel sorry for yourself for having picked this book from a whole host of other options!!
Kylene
Aug 07, 2007 Kylene rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So I read this book as a joke (all of my co-workers are reading it) and I was cringing by page 5. But I finished it and had a few good laughs and didn't altogether regret the 1 1/2 hours I spent reading it...
Sandy
Dec 12, 2011 Sandy rated it did not like it
Actually, I didn't finish it. I figured by page 55 they were about to have sex with only knowing each other for about 12 hours or so and most of that she was sleeping. Then by page 97 she was telling him that she loved him. Plus other things going on in the book, it was distracting and not written well at all. This is the first book I read (or tried to read) from this author. I will look at reviews before I pick up another of Kay Hooper's books.
Denise
Sep 16, 2011 Denise rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Despite needing to exert any effort to listen to this on CD I was unable to finish it. I detected infinitesimal forward movement in a plot and it felt like a romance novel. Maybe that was Hooper's intent, but I've moved beyond that genre (about 20 years ago). I love Kay Hooper's paranormal books, so don't judge the author by this title alone.
Holly Boyd
early kay hooper book. enjoyed it not as much as her Bishop Series. what i hated was being 1/4 of the way into it when i realized it was part of a series...book 4 to be exact. have started looking for the first book in the series.
Ckm66
Jul 22, 2010 Ckm66 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hooper-kay
I have read this one many times and adore the herione.Zach is definately one of Kay's best hero's.
May Mostly Romance
Oct 17, 2012 May Mostly Romance rated it liked it
Shelves: category
Sheila Melo
Jan 13, 2014 Sheila Melo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love the Hero of this Book

"She wanted Zach. It sounded so simple, but everything she felt told her it wasn't. She wanted to sob, to laugh, to cry out wildly in order to release whatever was tearing at her to get out. She wanted to hold on tightly to Zach because he would anchor her in the chaos of a world gone mad."

FINAL DECISION: This is one of my all time favorite books. The characters are larger than life, the story is unrealistic, but I love the strong connection between the characters and t
Tina
Feb 26, 2017 Tina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Definitely one of Hooper's earlier works, this sweet love story crammed a lot of information and situations into a short book. Typical of this type of romance book, the characters met and fell in love in a very short amount of time, and were rather two-dimensional.
Brenda Audiobooks Only
Narrated by Rebecca Gibel - Narration 4*s

Reviewed for AAR's Speaking of Audiobooks 8/29/11 http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=6924

The good news is that if you’re a fan of Kay Hooper’s old category romances, narrator Rebecca Gibel is very good. She provides a number of distinct voices for the variety of characters that populate this adventure. As is common, the men could have used deeper voices but distinct is the next best thing. Gibel’s pacing is excellent as is the range of emotions she covers.
Brittany
Oct 26, 2014 Brittany rated it it was ok
This is the second book by the author that I read. I made the mistake of purchasing 3 books by the author at the same time. The other book I read, "If There Be Dragons" only got a 1/5 rating. This one was I guess slightly better. Hopefully I get better luck with the third so it wasn't a total waste of money and my time.
"Zach's Law" is just another very cheesy love story. In her last book I read the man falls in the love with the woman in 2 hours- which is ridiculous; and the the woman is apparen
Anna Mcfadden
Aug 10, 2016 Anna Mcfadden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Terry Tyler is stranded in a deserted corner of the Rockies when her car brakes down. Rugged security expert Zach Steele is on a stake out watching a gang of gunrunners in a remote mountain cabin, when he comes across Teddy. He hates himself fir it but has no choice but to take her to his cabin as a hostage fir a week .At first sight was taken with Zack. Zack knows its safer to keep his distance from Teddy, not only for her but for his sake as well, as for his own as for his own feeling are gro ...more
Lili
Dec 29, 2012 Lili rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
bleh!
it took me forever to finish this book... didn't like it, would never recommend it, and the only reason I even looked at it is because I needed it to finish a challenge.
The characters were annoying, Teddy KNEW she loved Zach not even 12 hours after they met, not only that but she became the secret weapon that made the whole operation work, an operation, I must add, that had a bunch of expert warriors on edge and super worried!
The plot was ridiculous, seriously... just so freakind incredible
Kasey
Not one of my favorites. It didn't bore me or anything, but I just couldn't completely get behind the story. The characters had great promise. But the romance progressed way to quickly for me and I'm really not sure what to think about the suspense part of the story it was barely there. There was also a touch of the supernatural that seemed out of place for the rest of the book. Probably good for the time it was published, but just not to my taste.
Dallas
Sep 25, 2016 Dallas rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I admit this is a very unfair review. I listened to this as a random choice on Overdrive & unfortunately it wasn't listed as book 4 of a series (didn't know until I started this review on Goodreads!). I really didn't like it b/c I didn't feel any character development & the friends that save the day at the end seemed so contrived. Now that I know it's a series I'll go back to the beginning & give Ms. Hooper a fair chance.
Angela Proctor-fries
It was awful. In every one of her books I have read so far, the women are all virgins, then willing to give away their v card to a stranger more or less. They all fall in love with in the first 2 chapters. I'm sorry but all of these have been complete crap. I will never recommend or pick up another one from the Hagan series again.
Alan
Jun 28, 2013 Alan rated it liked it
The series is getting better. The instalove is a bit much. What saves this book is the appearance of the gang, especially Raven and Kelsey. I am finding that this series seriously holds up even though they were written in the 80s.
Jami Dutcher
Jul 30, 2014 Jami Dutcher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zach's Law is part of the Kay Hooper Hagan Series. The characters take a walk in each other's books which I love. It gives you a chance to see what past characters are up to. A must read for Kay Hooper romance fans.
Patricia
Jan 06, 2012 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this love story. All the characters have such great personalities. Several times while reading the book, I had tears in my eyes. There were laughts too. Zach & Teddy are one of my favorite couples and their story is wonderful.
Andrea
Oct 06, 2016 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Kay Hooper book - and it was not very good.

Teddy gets a flat in the Colorado Mountains at night. Zack takes her and pushes her car into a lake. He holds her hostage, then they fall in love.

Carol N
Wonderful escape reading - especially after having just finished a very melancholy novel for my book club. Everyone wishes for Zach in her life
Paraphrodite
Feb 13, 2014 Paraphrodite rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2014
At least this time it's the heroine who fell in love at first sight!
Bana
Feb 10, 2012 Bana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very bad Romance book.
Mar 18, 2013 Laura added it
Meh
Brittany
Another short and not entirely realistic story but was a good read. You can't help but like the characters
Rebekkila
Jan 13, 2012 Rebekkila marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Debby
Nov 02, 2015 Debby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? A mystery love story.
Barbara James
Shelves: thriller, romance
improbable and yet predictable
  • Always (Sedikhan, #8)
  • Blackout
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • Festive in Death: by JD Robb | Summary & Analysis
  • In the Blink of an Eye (The Taylor Clan, #3)
  • GI Cowboy (Daddy Corps, #1)
  • Hitched and Hunted  (Cooper, #5)
  • Sacrifice of Passion
  • Dead of the Day (Annie Seymour Mystery, #3)
  • The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1)
  • Finding Home
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan
More about Kay Hooper...

Hagen (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • In Serena's Web (Hagen Series #1)
  • Raven On The Wing (Hagen Series #2)
  • Rafferty's Wife (Hagen Series #3)
  • The Fall of Lucas Kendrick (Hagen Series #5)
  • Unmasking Kelsey (Hagen Series #6)
  • Outlaw Derek (Hagen Series #7)
  • Shades Of Gray (Hagen Series #8)
  • Captain's Paradise (Hagen Series #9)
  • It Takes A Thief (Hagen Series #10)
  • Aces High (Hagen Series #11)