Zach's Law

Zach's Law (Hagen Series #4)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  363 ratings  ·  25 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper comes a classic love story about a man who lives by his own strict code—and the headstrong woman who’s determined to crack it.

When car trouble leaves her stranded in a deserted corner of the Rockies, love is the last thing on Teddy Tyler’s mind. But there’s no denying the attraction that grips her the minute she lays eyes...more
Published May 24th 2011 by Bantam (first published November 1st 1987)

Holly Boyd
early kay hooper book. enjoyed it not as much as her Bishop Series. what i hated was being 1/4 of the way into it when i realized it was part of a series...book 4 to be exact. have started looking for the first book in the series.
Kylene
So I read this book as a joke (all of my co-workers are reading it) and I was cringing by page 5. But I finished it and had a few good laughs and didn't altogether regret the 1 1/2 hours I spent reading it...
Ckm66
I have read this one many times and adore the herione.Zach is definately one of Kay's best hero's.
May Mostly Romance
Brenda Audiobooks Only
Narrated by Rebecca Gibel - Narration 4*s

Reviewed for AAR's Speaking of Audiobooks 8/29/11 http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=6924

The good news is that if you’re a fan of Kay Hooper’s old category romances, narrator Rebecca Gibel is very good. She provides a number of distinct voices for the variety of characters that populate this adventure. As is common, the men could have used deeper voices but distinct is the next best thing. Gibel’s pacing is excellent as is the range of emotions she covers....more
Angela Proctor-fries
It was awful. In every one of her books I have read so far, the women are all virgins, then willing to give away their v card to a stranger more or less. They all fall in love with in the first 2 chapters. I'm sorry but all of these have been complete crap. I will never recommend or pick up another one from the Hagan series again.
Lili
bleh!
it took me forever to finish this book... didn't like it, would never recommend it, and the only reason I even looked at it is because I needed it to finish a challenge.
The characters were annoying, Teddy KNEW she loved Zach not even 12 hours after they met, not only that but she became the secret weapon that made the whole operation work, an operation, I must add, that had a bunch of expert warriors on edge and super worried!
The plot was ridiculous, seriously... just so freakind incredible...more
Paraphrodite
At least this time it's the heroine who fell in love at first sight!
Kasey
Not one of my favorites. It didn't bore me or anything, but I just couldn't completely get behind the story. The characters had great promise. But the romance progressed way to quickly for me and I'm really not sure what to think about the suspense part of the story it was barely there. There was also a touch of the supernatural that seemed out of place for the rest of the book. Probably good for the time it was published, but just not to my taste.
Carol N
Wonderful escape reading - especially after having just finished a very melancholy novel for my book club. Everyone wishes for Zach in her life
Sandy
Actually, I didn't finish it. I figured by page 55 they were about to have sex with only knowing each other for about 12 hours or so and most of that she was sleeping. Then by page 97 she was telling him that she loved him. Plus other things going on in the book, it was distracting and not written well at all. This is the first book I read (or tried to read) from this author. I will look at reviews before I pick up another of Kay Hooper's books.
Denise
Despite needing to exert any effort to listen to this on CD I was unable to finish it. I detected infinitesimal forward movement in a plot and it felt like a romance novel. Maybe that was Hooper's intent, but I've moved beyond that genre (about 20 years ago). I love Kay Hooper's paranormal books, so don't judge the author by this title alone.
Patricia
I really enjoyed this love story. All the characters have such great personalities. Several times while reading the book, I had tears in my eyes. There were laughts too. Zach & Teddy are one of my favorite couples and their story is wonderful.
Debbie

This was one of those books that makes me think that I should write because I could certainly write something better. The plot was flat, the characters boring, and the writing poor. I don't think I will bother with this author again.
Naomi Nair
Disappointing!! Be prepared to be shocked, confused, annoyed and what not when you read this book. At some point you will feel sorry for yourself for having picked this book from a whole host of other options!!
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Zach got himself a spitfire from the side of the road. All wrapped in a tiny package of dynamite. Its up for debate on it he is smart enought to hang on to her.
Rebekkila
Jan 13, 2012 Rebekkila marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Brittany
Another short and not entirely realistic story but was a good read. You can't help but like the characters
Megan
My coworkers and I are reading this romance novel as an extension of an inside joke.
Samantha Porter
I'm sure it would have been a better read had it not be abridged.....
Albert
Romantic melodrama. Wellesley Public Library
Melissa
improbable and yet predictable
Geoff Kirkland
1st book on Kobo and actually liked it.
Bana
Very bad Romance book.
Mar 18, 2013 Laura added it
Meh
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Melonie Hill
Melonie Hill marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • And The Desert Blooms (Sedikhan, #7)
  • The Rosary
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan...more
More about Kay Hooper...
Whisper of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #5) Stealing Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #1) Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12) Hunting Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #7) Out of the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #3)