Start by marking “Great Short Short Stories: Quick Reads by Great Writers ” as Want to Read:
Great Short Short Stories: Quick Reads by Great Writers

Great Short Short Stories: Quick Reads by Great Writers

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"To buy books would be a good thing," observed Arthur Schopenhauer, "if we also could buy the time to read them." All devoted readers long for more time to spend with their books, and the next best thing to buying time is making the most of the available moments. Great Short Short Stories: Quick Reads by Great Writers offers that opportunity. An outstanding collection of 3 ...more
Paperback, Dover Thrift Edition, 193 pages
Published August 10th 2005 by Dover Publications

To ask other readers questions about Great Short Short Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Short Short Stories

Dee
Loved, loved, loved this collection! Each story was a joy to read and has given me so much more material that I want to read. A perfect book if you're looking for your next favourite book or author.
Maria
I picked up this collection while looking for a book that could be read in snatches on a small screen, and I was utterly charmed. A good mix of classic authors whose names are synonymous with the genre, authors that are classic but not known for short stories, and authors that I hadn't heard of but am now glad I did. Am now planning to pick up more Dover Thrift short story collections.
Elizabeth
It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. It's one of those books that just weren't meant for me is all. Classic short stories in this book I found to be a bit boring but other's may really like it if they are into classical reading. I gave it a 3 star rating because it wasn't horrible it's just not for me and some of the stories were interesting.
Alison
A good collection of shorts. I tend to prefer shorter stories, and I really enjoyed reading shorts from some authors I might not otherwise have discovered.
Jake Cooper
20 of the 30 stories are from the same 30-year period (1886-1916), and 23 are American or English writers. Too little breadth, too few winners.
Coleman Concannon
Great themeless collection of famous classics. As with all short stories, it often hooks you right as it ends.
Renée Heaton
Renée Heaton is currently reading it
May 25, 2015
George Jordan
George Jordan marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
jv poore
jv poore marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Ahmed Ibrahim
Ahmed Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Stefan Rosenberger
Stefan Rosenberger marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Ishkiia Glover
Ishkiia Glover is currently reading it
Apr 01, 2015
Sylvie Dale
Sylvie Dale marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Chris Carrel
Chris Carrel marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Ol Stitch
Ol Stitch marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Tim Bishop
Tim Bishop is currently reading it
Feb 22, 2015
Terra Firma
Terra Firma marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
mary ferguson
mary ferguson marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Ewan
Ewan marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Sean Rosen
Sean Rosen marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Jason Voegele
Jason Voegele is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2014
Liza Mckinley
Liza Mckinley marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Great American Short Stories English Victorian Poetry: An Anthology Great Sonnets Great Short Poems Great Russian Short Stories