Great Short Short Stories: Quick Reads by Great Writers

Great Short Short Stories: Quick Reads by Great Writers

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"To buy books would be a good thing," observed Arthur Schopenhauer, "if we also could buy the time to read them." All devoted readers long for more time to spend with their books, and the next best thing to buying time is making the most of the available moments. Great Short Short Stories: Quick Reads by Great Writers offers that opportunity. An outstanding collection of 3...more
Paperback, Dover Thrift Edition, 193 pages
Published August 10th 2005 by Dover Publications

To ask other readers questions about Great Short Short Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Short Short Stories

Maria Amuchastegui
I picked up this collection while looking for a book that could be read in snatches on a small screen, and I was utterly charmed. A good mix of classic authors whose names are synonymous with the genre, authors that are classic but not known for short stories, and authors that I hadn't heard of but am now glad I did. Am now planning to pick up more Dover Thrift short story collections.
Elizabeth
It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. It's one of those books that just weren't meant for me is all. Classic short stories in this book I found to be a bit boring but other's may really like it if they are into classical reading. I gave it a 3 star rating because it wasn't horrible it's just not for me and some of the stories were interesting.
Alison
A good collection of shorts. I tend to prefer shorter stories, and I really enjoyed reading shorts from some authors I might not otherwise have discovered.
Jake Cooper
20 of the 30 stories are from the same 30-year period (1886-1916), and 23 are American or English writers. Too little breadth, too few winners.
Coleman Concannon
Great themeless collection of famous classics. As with all short stories, it often hooks you right as it ends.
NAHOKO INUZUKA
NAHOKO INUZUKA is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
magwi
magwi added it
May 13, 2014
Teresa Williams
Teresa Williams is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2014
Monica
Monica is currently reading it
Mar 23, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Elaine Mulligan
Elaine Mulligan marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Ellie
Ellie is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2013
Kenneth Darland
Kenneth Darland marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Jaggu
Jaggu marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Great American Short Stories English Victorian Poetry: An Anthology Great Sonnets Great Short Poems Great Russian Short Stories