Start by marking “Lead Me On (Pearl Island Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lead Me On (Pearl Island Trilogy, #2)

Lead Me On (Pearl Island Trilogy #2)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,256 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Allison St. Claire has the face of an angel. That’s part of the problem. She also sells quaint tea sets in the gift shop at Galveston’s Pearl Island Inn. It doesn’t exactly scream sexy! Years of having men treat her like a little sister is enough to drive a healthy woman crazy. Especially when a gorgeous hunk checks in and fails to recognize that Allison’s more than willin ...more
ebook
Published November 29th 2010 by Smashwords (first published January 20th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lead Me On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lead Me On

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
3.5 stars... because (view spoiler)

And anyway besides i didn't really like the secondary characters for some reason, they were the only reason i ended up skipping a few pages of the book so. :/

RECOMMENDATION : If u like Kristen Ashley supernatural series or Sarah M. Glover Grave refrain i bet u sponge bob's pan
Nicole
Apr 05, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a trilogy, the second and third books normally aren't that good. But after reading "Lead Me On", the second book in the Pearl Island trilogy, I was wrong. I fell in love with this book the same way I fell in love with the first. The storyline was even more gripping that the first, urging the reader to find out what will happen next to the characters. This book was also very mysterious since many questions were left hanging but by the end, you understand everything.

Allison St Claire co owns th
❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀
Wow, I'm lovin' the Pearl Island Trilogy! Yes, I can't wait for book three. This second book was super hot and I just fell in love with the tough heroine Julie Ortolon made out of sweet Allison St. Claire.

Story goes...Ally is just your normal sweet girl with a past that she wanted to forget so she could get on with life. After meeting hunky author Scott Lawrence, who wasn't only extremely sexy but also hot for Ally's form, he makes her re-acquaint all her past ghosts and confront it to be able t
Carina
I really really wish I used to write reviews so I could understand the two star rating I originally gave this book... there had to be some reason behind it - but for the life of me I cannot think what it was as re-reading the book now I really enjoyed this!

In my review of the first book in the series (2014 review that is) I said I thought Allison's book was the third book in the series - totally wrong there. I also said I didn't like her characterisation in the epilogue but it makes total sense
Tina
This was an okay read. It started out with a bang and I was expecting to add another book to my favorites list, but it seemed to fizzle out in the middle. The characters as well seemed to fluctuate. I started out loving Allison and not caring about Scott and by the end the opposite was true. But at least they were fleshed out well enough for me to have such passionate opinions on them. Basically though, I'm just kind of "blah" about the whole book.

Don't get me wrong, there were some really good
Judy
Dec 09, 2015 Judy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was probably a 3.5 star book for me. Its the second in a series set on an island just off of Galveston and covers the romance between the another sister in the B&B owning family and author who has come for peace and quiet to break his writers block. Unfortunately, it turns out his family background is a problem for their relationship. Theres a little paranormal element with a family ghost in the old house where they created the B&B but nothing too obtrusive. Its a nice romance that ...more
Regina Mastrogiacomo
The series is a great summer read. I love stories that includes the supernatural, love and little naughtiness. The relationships are interesting with twist and turn and sighs. This is my third time reading through the series and I'm enjoying the story just as much as the first time.
Nancy
Feb 13, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It had been quite awhile since I read the first book in this series but some of that story came back to me as I read. I wasn't too fond of the heroine of this story but it had its moments that got to me.
Jennifer Dale
Mar 09, 2016 Jennifer Dale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myself
Super good book. Great character development. Dual POV but mostly in Alli.
The only thing missing is some banter.

I still believe her Perfect trilogy is much better. Especially the second book.
Amber Myers
Jun 15, 2014 Amber Myers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I haven't read the first in the trilogy but after this one I look forward to reading Adrian's story. I love that the hero was a writer and all of the references to producing a novel!
Jeanette montgomery
Amazing book!

I loved this book from start to finish.

I loved the characters and the story.
Nancy Gerstner
Jan 27, 2016 Nancy Gerstner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great love story!!
Maria Haile
Aug 05, 2012 Maria Haile rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This contemporary romance has it all; humor, sexual tension, tenderness and mystery. When an author with writer's block comes to the Inn at Pearl Island, he is attracted to "good girl" Allison St. Claire but does not want anything serious. So, he attempts to ignore her while she is feeling ready for a "fling". I like the heroine better than the hero, Scott Lawrence, at first, until he is revealed to be more complex. The second book in a trilogy, I can hardly wait to read the third book in the se ...more
Tasha
Feb 26, 2016 Tasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well while I was reading this book I went to find the house that was the inspiration for the house in the book come to find out. There was a picture on www.pintrest.com that was the house that was the inspiration for the house in the book. Only problem was I saw other pictures and one of those pictures ruined the SURPRISE Ending. So Everyone STAY OFF Pintrest and dont go looking for the inspiration. I Loved that there were some True Facts in this book
Sue Parker
Apr 09, 2013 Sue Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story. Allison and Scott are just going to give I to temptations once.....yea right we all know how that works. I didn't expect to find out who exactly Scott's family was. That one threw me for a loop. And of course it was hard for Alli to handle. This book actually made me cry but I did enjoy it.
Judy Wise
Apr 26, 2012 Judy Wise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story in the second book of the Pearl Island Trilogy. Fun to be reading about a writer that comes to the B & B and meets the sister Allison as they discover the puzzles of the diaries that one of the ghosts wrote. Really enjoyed this one.
Kristin
Cute sequel and a nice book for a summer read. A stereotypical romance novel with okay characters but not much to them. My favorite part of this series is the family history and tragic love story at the house and learning more about it in this book.
Nicole
Jan 03, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book before and when re-reading it, i liked it less. Alli got on my nerves.
Eli
Oct 22, 2013 Eli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2013
Average book for its genre, but well-written enough not to ruffle all of my feathers. EXCEPT, it is "sisterS-in-law" NOT "sister-in-lawS". It is a dumb mistake & in my world, unpardonable; the editor should be fired for not catching it.
Annie
Feb 27, 2013 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't read romances much anymore, but I read the first one of this trilogy for free and just kept going. What a terrific series! I can't wait to read number 3. Julie, you rock!
Judy
Jul 08, 2013 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Usually the second book isn't as good as the first one but I liked this one as well. This book is about Rory's sister Allison and it has the same twist and suspense.
Dee
Mar 08, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

They agree to fling
Neither willing to share life
But can't help falling

Is it possible?
Nice guy comes from family
That's immensely wacked
Chris
May 31, 2013 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Allison runs a bed and breakfast.
Scott needs a place to recharge and write his next book.

Takes place on an island on the coast of Texas.

Good book.
Tasha
Jun 10, 2009 Tasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Another great read! I loved the hero, who is an uber-successful novelist with writer's block, and the heroine grew on me. :D
Laini
Sep 14, 2012 Laini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Cute story, lightweight, easy read. And as a native Texan, I LOVE that someone set a story in Galveston.
Lorilee Kirkpatrick
Brilliant read and would recommend. I want to go visit Pearl island lol.
I'm on the third book now.
Candace
Nov 14, 2012 Candace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allison and Scott have a great story. Pearl Island is a great series.
Tanya
Oct 22, 2010 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is one of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!
i couldn't get enough
Kimberlie
Mar 07, 2013 Kimberlie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
A great sequel book. Cant wait to start the next one in the series.
Tania
Sep 14, 2012 Tania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the story... can't wait to read the last one.
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover for Lead Me On 2 11 Feb 18, 2015 01:45PM
  • The Great Scot (Chisholm Brothers, #2)
  • Ex, Why, And Me
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Straight Up (Wild Hart Saga, #2)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Wanting What You Get (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Footloose (Bellagio, #3)
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year/'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • Desert Rogues Part 2
  • The Watson Brothers (Watson Brothers #1-3)
  • British Bad Boys
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • Old Enough to Know Better
Most authors will tell you they've been writing and reading since childhood. Not me. I hated reading and never imagined I'd someday be a writer. Of course, the fact that I have dyslexia probably has a tiny bit to do with my aversion to the written word.

Nonetheless, I had a very active imagination and spent most of my school years staring out the window dreaming up stories. When I finally escaped t
More about Julie Ortolon...

Pearl Island Trilogy (4 books)
  • Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #3)
  • Lie to Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #4)