Lead Me On

Lead Me On (Pearl Island Trilogy #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  898 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Allison St. Claire has the face of an angel. That’s part of the problem. She also sells quaint tea sets in the gift shop at Galveston’s Pearl Island Inn. It doesn’t exactly scream sexy! Years of having men treat her like a little sister is enough to drive a healthy woman crazy. Especially when a gorgeous hunk checks in and fails to recognize that Allison’s more than willin...more
Published November 29th 2010 by Smashwords Edition (first published January 20th 2003)

Gabriella *is awesome*
3.5 stars... because (view spoiler)

And anyway besides i didn't really like the secondary characters for some reason, they were the only reason i ended up skipping a few pages of the book so. :/

RECOMMENDATION : If u like Kristen Ashley supernatural series or Sarah M. Glover Grave refrain i bet u sponge bob's pant...more
Nicole
In a trilogy, the second and third books normally aren't that good. But after reading "Lead Me On", the second book in the Pearl Island trilogy, I was wrong. I fell in love with this book the same way I fell in love with the first. The storyline was even more gripping that the first, urging the reader to find out what will happen next to the characters. This book was also very mysterious since many questions were left hanging but by the end, you understand everything.

Allison St Claire co owns th...more
❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀
Wow, I'm lovin' the Pearl Island Trilogy! Yes, I can't wait for book three. This second book was super hot and I just fell in love with the tough heroine Julie Ortolon made out of sweet Allison St. Claire.

Story goes...Ally is just your normal sweet girl with a past that she wanted to forget so she could get on with life. After meeting hunky author Scott Lawrence, who wasn't only extremely sexy but also hot for Ally's form, he makes her re-acquaint all her past ghosts and confront it to be able t...more
Tina
This was an okay read. It started out with a bang and I was expecting to add another book to my favorites list, but it seemed to fizzle out in the middle. The characters as well seemed to fluctuate. I started out loving Allison and not caring about Scott and by the end the opposite was true. But at least they were fleshed out well enough for me to have such passionate opinions on them. Basically though, I'm just kind of "blah" about the whole book.

Don't get me wrong, there were some really good...more
Maria Haile
This contemporary romance has it all; humor, sexual tension, tenderness and mystery. When an author with writer's block comes to the Inn at Pearl Island, he is attracted to "good girl" Allison St. Claire but does not want anything serious. So, he attempts to ignore her while she is feeling ready for a "fling". I like the heroine better than the hero, Scott Lawrence, at first, until he is revealed to be more complex. The second book in a trilogy, I can hardly wait to read the third book in the se...more
Tasha
Well while I was reading this book I went to find the house that was the inspiration for the house in the book come to find out. There was a picture on www.pintrest.com that was the house that was the inspiration for the house in the book. Only problem was I saw other pictures and one of those pictures ruined the SURPRISE Ending. So Everyone STAY OFF Pintrest and dont go looking for the inspiration. I Loved that there were some True Facts in this book
Sue Parker
Loved this story. Allison and Scott are just going to give I to temptations once.....yea right we all know how that works. I didn't expect to find out who exactly Scott's family was. That one threw me for a loop. And of course it was hard for Alli to handle. This book actually made me cry but I did enjoy it.
Judy Wise
Interesting story in the second book of the Pearl Island Trilogy. Fun to be reading about a writer that comes to the B & B and meets the sister Allison as they discover the puzzles of the diaries that one of the ghosts wrote. Really enjoyed this one.
Kristin
Cute sequel and a nice book for a summer read. A stereotypical romance novel with okay characters but not much to them. My favorite part of this series is the family history and tragic love story at the house and learning more about it in this book.
Nicole
I've read this book before and when re-reading it, i liked it less. Alli got on my nerves.
Eli
Average book for its genre, but well-written enough not to ruffle all of my feathers. EXCEPT, it is "sisterS-in-law" NOT "sister-in-lawS". It is a dumb mistake & in my world, unpardonable; the editor should be fired for not catching it.
Annie
I don't read romances much anymore, but I read the first one of this trilogy for free and just kept going. What a terrific series! I can't wait to read number 3. Julie, you rock!
Judy
Usually the second book isn't as good as the first one but I liked this one as well. This book is about Rory's sister Allison and it has the same twist and suspense.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

They agree to fling
Neither willing to share life
But can't help falling

Is it possible?
Nice guy comes from family
That's immensely wacked
Chris
Allison runs a bed and breakfast.
Scott needs a place to recharge and write his next book.

Takes place on an island on the coast of Texas.

Good book.
Tasha
Another great read! I loved the hero, who is an uber-successful novelist with writer's block, and the heroine grew on me. :D
Laini
Cute story, lightweight, easy read. And as a native Texan, I LOVE that someone set a story in Galveston.
Lorilee Kirkpatrick
Brilliant read and would recommend. I want to go visit Pearl island lol.
I'm on the third book now.
Candace
Allison and Scott have a great story. Pearl Island is a great series.
Tanya
this book is one of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!
i couldn't get enough
Kimberlie
A great sequel book. Cant wait to start the next one in the series.
Tania
Love the story... can't wait to read the last one.
Polly
Can't wait to find the treasure and more romance
Meg Myers
I read #3 first now #2 Now I have to read #1!
Elaine
An amazing tale of courage and romance.
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Mendi
Mendi added it
Apr 15, 2014
  • The Watson Brothers (Watson Brothers #1-3)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Straight Up (Wild Hart Saga, #2)
  • First Comes Love (Hot Water, California #1)
  • The Black Sheep and the Hidden Beauty (Unholy Trinity #2)
  • Wanting What You Get (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Footloose (Bellagio, #3)
  • British Bad Boys
  • My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Be My Baby Tonight (The Trehan Brothers, #2)
  • Quinn's Woman (Silhouette Special Edition #1557)
  • Yours for the Taking (Domestic Gods, #4)
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • Amazing Gracie
Most authors will tell you they've been writing and reading since childhood. Not me. I hated reading and never imagined I'd someday be a writer. Of course, the fact that I have dyslexia probably has a tiny bit to do with my aversion to the written word.

Nonetheless, I had a very active imagination and spent most of my school years staring out the window dreaming up stories. When I finally escaped t...more
More about Julie Ortolon...
Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #1) Just Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #2) Too Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #3) Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1) Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #3)