Start by marking “My Kitten” as Want to Read:
My Kitten

My Kitten

3.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Meow. A little girl loves to watch her new kitten nap in the sunlight, play, pounce, and climb. Her kitten still has some lessons to learn — it’s not easy getting down from a tree! — but together, they always have fun. This is a companion book to My Pup, which was a Bank Street Best Children’s Book of the Year. Artwork in gouache and colored pencil highlights the sweet, pl ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Two Lions

To ask other readers questions about My Kitten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Kitten

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee
MY KITTEN is a lovely book from Margaret O'Hair and Tammie Lyon (Illustrator).

The book features child-friendly drawings in warm colors that stretch from page-edge to page-edge. The text is short, staccato sentences that make up a fun rhyme.

Bowl kitten,
gold kitten,
fish kitten,
stare.

Scoot kitten,
leap kitten,
jump kitten,
chair.

Rhymes are always great for children. It teaches them the subtle rules of language, and has been correlated with promoting memory practice. And the repetition within the text
Karen
Jan 31, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
My five-year-old son picked this book out from our local library today. He thought maybe the book was about his kitten, Molly Kitten.

My goodness, this book is darling, and oh-so-fun to read out loud. The text is simple, sweet, lyrical and tells a straightforward story. The illustrations are flat-out adorable. And, put together, my son was right -- this book WAS about our Molly Kitten.

Meg McGregor
Feb 26, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-lexi
One of Lexi's favorite books to read over and over.

I just hope one day her Mother and Father will be able to get her a cat! She loves them so!!
Terry
This is not a story as much as it is a poem. The illustrations are bright and expressive. They complement each stanza well (just 4 lines per 2-page spread). The vocabulary repetition makes this a very nice choice for developing readers.

Pros: Expressive illustrations combine with an easy-to-read poem that will make animal lovers purr.

There's more to our review. Visit The Reading Tub. While you’re there, add a link to your review.
Dolly
Jul 04, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Sweet poem about a kitten with adorable illustrations. After about the fourth page of kitten this, kitten that, I was tired of the format, but our girls liked it, especially the pictures. Even they said "That was a lot of kittens," about the narrative. It was interesting enough for a read, but I wouldn't imagine this to be a book that would get many requests to be read over and over again. But that's just my two cents...
Jenilyn Willis
This book was cute, but there wasn't much to it. I liked the rhyming and the kitten theme, but there wasn't really much of a story to it and I like for books to have a story. It was a nice little book, but just kind of repetitive.
The Library Lady
May 06, 2011 The Library Lady rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Perfect short rhymes and kitten's eye view pictures have just the right energy. Great for a toddler lap book, or for a slightly older cat loving child.
Mary
Dec 21, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
Good for a beginning reader. It has much repetition on words and uses words that are common.
Megan
Feb 16, 2012 Megan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: infant-preschool
A girl and her kitten play together. Very repetitious but good for young readers.
Maddypictures
Oct 30, 2012 Maddypictures rated it really liked it
Sweet and simple for the youngest set. A gentle rhyme.
H2oratt
Oct 15, 2012 H2oratt rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
very good book for children
Melanie
could also be stories- lapsit
Frodolass
Frodolass is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Judi Ferrari
Judi Ferrari rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Anya
Anya added it
Jan 21, 2016
Lucy P Owens
Lucy P Owens rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Dianna
Dianna rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2015
S.C. Lehman
S.C. Lehman rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Mariel Courtwright
Mariel Courtwright is currently reading it
Mar 19, 2015
S
S rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Patricia Spagnoli
Patricia Spagnoli rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Emmily
Emmily rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014