Start by marking “The Ultimate PCOS Handbook: Lose weight, boost fertility, clear skin and restore self-esteem” as Want to Read:

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
With this practical handbook you can start to see PCOS symptoms improve in as little as 2 weeks. Based on the latest scientific research and the authors' first-hand experience, it will empower you to take back control of your body- and your life. Packed with all the essential information to naturally beat the symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome.PCOS authorities and fello ...more
nookbook (ebook), 416 pages
Published June 10th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate PCOS Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate PCOS Handbook

Carolyn Amundson
Jul 06, 2012 Carolyn Amundson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The positives outweigh the negatives, making this the best PCOS book I've read so far. The positives are that the book covers a broad range of topics in a simple yet thorough manner, explains the inter-relatedness of the endocrine system, and, for the most part, recognizes that PCOS affects people differently so no one solution applies to everyone. The topics include the theoretical causes of PCOS (it's not definite); what a polycystic ovary looks like (and the picture looks a lot like my ultras ...more
Eve
Feb 09, 2010 Eve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great source of information for those of us suffering from PCOS.
Krista
Oct 26, 2010 Krista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was excellent reading in order to prepare for my appointment after one year of unsuccessful TTC. I feel well-versed in PCOS and have a list of questions to bring to my doctor.

A lot of the content was repetitive, which was good to drive certain points home but the book probably could be condensed. Also, it's written in British English so I had to adjust to certain spellings and word choices.

Overall, I feel much more informed on my diagnosis of PCOS and much better prepared to tackle i
Taylour
Mar 03, 2013 Taylour rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For anyone with PCOS this is a must. A well researched holistic (mind, body, soul) approach to a syndrome that modern medicine struggles to understand. Comprehensive coverage of all possible remedies, and empowering as well. Living with PCOS is a secret struggle, and after reading, I felt less alone. We are everywhere, stay strong sisters.
Michelle
Oct 09, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This gave me a lot of info that I needed and some great suggestions I'll follow up on with my dr. I want a natural alternative way of dealing with PCOS and I don't want to have to live on medications if I can get things under control without them.

I borrowed this book thru my library but I plan on buying my own copy.
Celine
Jan 27, 2013 Celine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
didn't really learn anything new in this book. it's more of a re-hash of all things know about PCOS.. and I even put questionmarks at some treatments. I prefer Nancy Dunne's research by far.
Still, i guess it's a great introduction if you know nothing about it....
Danielle Taylor
Apr 14, 2012 Danielle Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Text book information. I have been diagnosed with PCOS since 19 and have been a reseacher since then. I still learned info in this one. Good reference book to hold onto. Nice up to date info for me.
TaleofGenji
Jan 20, 2013 TaleofGenji marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Dec 04, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure- I was told I had pcos recently but I only have a few of the symptoms dealt with in the book!?!
Helaine Henry
Very informative. Wish there was more advice on recipes and diet.
Astrila
Okay. Didn't have a tons of info I didn't already know.
Naz
Naz marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Kass
Kass marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Frances Bullock
Frances Bullock rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Tiff
Tiff marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Mei05
Mei05 marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Vikas Pachore
Vikas Pachore marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Amberlee Abbott
Amberlee Abbott marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Amy
Amy is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2016
Elendiloricon
Elendiloricon is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2016
Rajdeep
Rajdeep marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Brooke
Brooke added it
Jan 03, 2016
Sid
Sid marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Sally McIntyre
Sally McIntyre rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2015
Mary Rider
Mary Rider marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Haylie Borrett
Haylie Borrett rated it liked it
RE JONES
RE JONES marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
  • The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
  • A Patient's Guide to PCOS: Understanding--and Reversing--Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
  • Power Animals: How To Connect With Your Animal Spirit Guide
  • God's Callgirl
  • Buddhism for Busy People: Finding Happiness in an Uncertain World
  • Winning by Losing: Drop the Weight, Change Your Life
  • WordPress All-In-One for Dummies
  • When Love Gets in the Way (Colorado Runaway, #2)
  • The Optimum Nutrition Bible
  • The Emotionally Healthy Woman: Eight Things You Have to Quit to Change Your Life