Start by marking “The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-Start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search” as Want to Read:

Aimed at the experienced business professional who is either sceptical about LinkedIn or looking for ways to more effectively use this cutting-edge tool, this user-friendly guide explains how to access the full power of LinkedIn.
Published March 1st 2011 by Greenleaf Book Group

To ask other readers questions about The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success

Wayne McCoy
Apr 28, 2015 Wayne McCoy rated it liked it
'The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kickstart Your Business, Brand, and Job Search' by Wayne Breitbarth is a short introductory book on how to use th social media site. It's geared to users who are less internet, and social media, savvy. Think of it like a "Dummies Guide" which is by no means meant in a derogatory way.

Starting with logging in, just about all the basic ways to build out your LinkedIn profile are covered. Tips are given on keywords, and how many words can be used. Networking
Meg Elison
Jul 14, 2013 Meg Elison rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
This book makes a handful of assumptions about the person who will read it. Raise your hand if you:

1. Don't know how to use the internet.
2. Can't follow the simple and intuitive directions on a very simplified site that desperately tries to make itself easy to use.
3. Do not understand how networking works or why it's important.
4. Are a thousand years old.

This book repeats the most absolutely basic information that LinkedIn provides about itself, and then works to justify it to people who are
Nov 17, 2012 Augie rated it really liked it
I recently was provided an evaluation copy of The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success by Wayne Breitbarth. I expected to find that the book might be most helpful for those who are not yet fully engaged on LinkedIn, and that is, in fact, the case. That said, the book encouraged me--an experienced social media professional--to consider some LinkedIn features and applications more deeply and make a few tweaks to my own LinkedIn profile. I think most professionals will find something helpful to take ...more
Jul 21, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every week I read a tremendous volume of material about social media tools, primarily the current Big Three: LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Much of it is helpful, interesting, and informative, but this book is all of that and so much more. In my opinion, the author has succeeded in making the book both user-friendly and quite advanced. That, in itself, is a commendable feat. It's truly a one-stop-shop for anyone who wants to leverage their presence and profile on LinkedIn. This second edition ...more
Lennette Daniels
Jul 24, 2013 Lennette Daniels rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success is a great book, especially for those of us who could not figure out how a social media device could be used for business networking and job searching. This book came at a great time for me. I had just attended a webinar and one of the presenters, a head hunter, said to use LinkedIn “to land the job of your dreams.” Of course, I couldn’t see how that would help. Like many, I had created a profile on LinkedIn but never got much further than my name and basic ...more
Stephanie Wolf
LinkedIn has been called “The world’s largest online business networking site.”

If you are a job seeker, or looking to promote your company, this book is for you.

Whether you have never used LinkedIn before, or have already created your profile, you need to use this important reference guide. Written in an easy to follow, almost step-by-step format, Wayne takes you from the very beginning of creating your profile, on up to what to do once you have it created. If you have never used LinkedIn before
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network with over 200 million members and growing rapidly. It is commonly known as "The Facebook for Businesspeople." LinkedIn helps you promote your products and/or services, to increase revenue, as a small business owner.

This book's purpose is to efficiently use LinkedIn to accomplish all your business goals. Learn why you should make a LinkedIn profile, and what the benefits are to having one. Some would refer to a LinkedIn profile as a "resume on
Randy Daugherty
Nov 22, 2012 Randy Daugherty rated it really liked it
Having had a linked account for some time but never really using it and in part as due to the fact I wasn't quite sure how to utilize it.
This book was an excellent resource for making sure you filled out the profile to maximize it to the most.
Putting aside the fact that Breitbarth assume if you are older you have a phobia if the Internet and learning new ideas, or scared to post a picture to the profile, this was a great source of help.
While thorough in aiding one to feel out and use Linkedin, i
The person who doesn't "get" LinkedIn is often the same person who doesn't "get" personal branding and networking in general. And just because a younger person might be native to the social media architecture does not mean AT ALL that they get those second two points... but unfortunately the book only covers the mechanics of how to use LinkedIn.

The book is by a presumably successful salesperson who, I think, doesn't fully understand the value of his knowledge and experience. The book will walk
Jul 28, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picked it up on a whim at Barnes & Noble after someone encouraged me to kick up my job search by getting on LinkedIn (thanks, Bro). He explains very clearly and conversationally WHY and how to use LinkedIN, not only for your job-hunt, but to network in general for business. If you're selling insurance, houses or financial services, you should also be all over this great tool. The author is very clear about the best practices and dumb mistakes to avoid. I checked a few more books about Linked ...more
May 08, 2013 Steven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LinkedIn is a potentially powerful tool that allows users to build networks for businesses and more.
This particular book provides ways to get started with this network program for those who never had a chance to or too afraid to do so. With the help this book provides, businesses and jobs could grow in ways that you never thought possible.
At the same time, the book provides ideas that would and could be equally helpful to those who have been involved with LinkedIn for a lengthy amount of time.
Jan 22, 2013 Gwen rated it did not like it
Shelves: career
Justification for star rating: I am not the demographic for this book. At all.

This book is for baby boomers and people who are just emerging on the social media scene. I'm sure that this book had good advice, but I don't need to know how to set up a LinkedIn profile--I need to know how to effectively optimize LinkedIn and how to write a killer profile that will net me job prospects. This book told me nothing I didn't already know from messing around on LinkedIn on my own.

Bottom line: read this
Joey Sudmeier
Jan 28, 2015 Joey Sudmeier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a good and thorough book. I would imagine it is all you need for any level of LinkedIn user you might be.

Keep that in mind as it intentionally does not alienate novice users. Therefore, most of us would find sections boring or redundant. Of course, that's what speed reading is for.

I found some good insight and while I already had an account I never really used it or understood how powerful LinkedIn can be. So if I have to read 150 pages of redundancy to get to some content that gets
Apr 17, 2013 Sasa rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help, 2013
I expected more from this LinkedIn introduction. This is geared towards the baby boomers group or maybe someone who doesn't do any social networking. There are some very helpful parts to it though so it wasn't a waste of time. I'm actually glad that I picked this up from the library just to make sure that I'm not missing out on what LinkedIn can offer. If you don't know anything about LinkedIn or has been hesitating on joining (like me) and don't know where to start, this book would be very help ...more
May 03, 2014 Crystal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The content of this book is clearly geared towards an older demographic with little internet experience - which is not me.

That being said, I was looking for basic information on how to more effectively use the LinkedIn account I signed up for years ago and never touched, and this book delivered. I particularly liked the step by step schedule for updating your account at the end of the book, very helpful.

It covers the basics and more, plus it is quick and easy to read. Great overview and informa
Angela Whiting
Sep 14, 2011 Angela Whiting rated it it was amazing
This was a great book that explains the importance of your profile on LinkedIn and teaches you how to build a powerful profile that will get you found. If you are serious about your career, you need to be doing the things outlined in this book because LinkedIn can help you be seen as an expert in your field. It also had a lot of useful information about LinkedIn tools that I didn’t even know existed and showed great new ways to connect with people you might otherwise never meet.
Julie Schoerke
Dec 27, 2010 Julie Schoerke rated it it was amazing
I'm embarrassed to say that I had a Linkedin account for several years that, it turns out, that was completely pathetic. This is a fast read that can boost your professional profile if you even implement a fraction of the tips the author offers. In no time I "fixed" my profile and understood that Linkedin takes a little effort each week, but the pay-off can be huge! Great for professionals, those wanting to improve their personal "brand" or job-seekers.
Nov 06, 2013 Minh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a great read for anyone who does not embrace LinkedIn as am important online tool to do business. It is even helpful to those who experienced the network already since the author showed audience some of the features that are widely ignored on LinkedIn and provided tips to optimize individuals' profiles to get the best results.

The book is about designing a strategy on LinkedIn, consistently sticking to the set strategy and being patient.
A little bit outdated and geared more toward beginners, I was still able to get a little bit out of it. I read Gary Vaynerchuk's Jab, Jab, Right Hook early in the year. He mentioned that he sees a huge potential for LinkedIn in the future. I am beginning to see why. It's a unique social media platform. In a world where your personal brand will become as important as a business brand, everybody will need to be on it. It's becoming my favorite social media platform.
Julie Baylor
Feb 02, 2012 Julie Baylor rated it liked it
I'm not a new-comer to LinkedIn, but wanted to read a book by a LinkedIn expert to be sure I was utilizing it to the fullest. This book assumes its audience is in the 50+ age range and has a fear of social networking channels and technology. Fortunately, it was short and easy to read, and had several recommendations that I was able to immediately apply to my existing account. Overall, it is worthwhile if you can get past the fact that you may not fit the profile of the intended audience.
Jan 25, 2012 Martin rated it really liked it
I wanted very much to know how to properly use this LinkedIn beast, and what to do with all these connection invites and how important recommendations are and if not having a complete profile was detrimental. So I picked up what was apparently the bible on the topic and laid all my questions to rest. The book was concise, informative, educational and excellent. Recommended for anyone who's had the questions above and more.
Edgar Mora-Reyes
Aug 09, 2012 Edgar Mora-Reyes rated it liked it
Un libro sumamente pragmático, no por eso bueno o malo, simplemente es como es, interesante, práctico y útil.
La reflexión profunda no es parte del servicio, pero aporta ideas a manera de un manual con refuerzos.
Buen libro; en la página de internet del autor, vienen actualizaciones, lo cual es un gran plus.
Su debilidad está en la estrategia pero en general supera las expectativas.
Mark Warren
Jan 27, 2015 Mark Warren rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be a waste of time that really only elaborates on everything the LinkedIn site walks you through anyway when you set up your profile. It does set the author up as a LinkedIn "Consultant," so it does that for him. Don't bother with this one - you can spend the gained time polishing your profile. I really don't like these sort of books.
Apr 21, 2016 L rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: College students, professionals, Linkedin beginner users
Shelves: non-fiction
Quite good as an introduction to Linkedin. Hiwever, this book is showing its age by the fact that some of the features mentioned doesn't exist or have been modified. Unfortunately, it doesn't to quite as much into details on keyword optimization and other new features as I would have liked. In my opinion, just go to his website where you will find much more updates information for free.
Leah Wescott
Jan 24, 2015 Leah Wescott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LinkedIn feels like a vast world of nothing to me, but I know I should figure out how to use it in a way that makes sense for my adventures. This was a pretty painless first step. I've got some trick to tuck up my sleeve now.
Sep 20, 2011 Kent rated it really liked it
For advanced LinkedIn users. Breitbarth explains the mechanics of tools and features that expand the powerful impact of using the professional networking social site. Guidance includes sound business and marketing reasons for making the extra effort to incorporate these tools into a LI profile.
Omar Khateeb
A good beginner's guide to Linkedin. If you've been using LinkedIn, there are some chapters that give you a deeper understanding of how to better leverage it, such as optimizing keywords in your profile and how to use advanced search for sales leads.
Jan 10, 2011 Allison rated it it was ok
As a college student, I think this book is a great way to help students get their foot in the door in the workplace. There are so many benefits to having a LinkedIn account, I think everyone should have one!
Linda Davis
Aug 31, 2013 Linda Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect text book on LinkedIn. I read the Kindle Version and liked it so much I also purchased the print edition which is now dog eared and marked up.
Shanna Chu
Maybe the version I read was older and lots of things he mentioned in the book I already know. For someone doesn't know much of LinkedIn, it might be better.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • "Headhunter" Hiring Secrets: The Rules of the Hiring Game Have Changed . . . Forever!
  • Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0: How to Stand Out from the Crowd and Tap Into the Hidden Job Market Using Social Media and 999 Other Tactics Today
  • Etsy-Preneurship: Everything You Need to Know to Turn Your Handmade Hobby Into a Thriving Business
  • Me 2.0: Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success
  • Career Match: Connecting Who You Are with What You'll Love to Do
  • How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile...and 18 Mistakes to Avoid
  • What Color Is Your Parachute? 2013: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
  • Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (and Other Social Networks)
  • Make Your Contacts Count: Networking Know-How for Business and Career Success
  • Job Interviews For Dummies
  • Making a Living Without a Job: Winning Ways for Creating Work That You Love
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • The Facebook Era: Tapping Online Social Networks to Build Better Products, Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff: Tap Online Social Networks to Build ... Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff
  • Free Agent Nation: The Future of Working for Yourself
  • Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want
  • The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies
  • Legal Guide for Starting and Running a Small Business
  • Life Is Tremendous
Wayne Breitbarth is an experienced businessman, speaker, and author who has shared his passion for social media with thousands of business professionals through private business consulting and dynamic presentations to local and national audiences.

He owns M&M Office Interiors in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and leverages his entrepreneurial experience to educate businesspeople on how to use LinkedIn
More about Wayne Breitbarth...