Start by marking “People of the Breaking Day” as Want to Read:
People of the Breaking Day

People of the Breaking Day

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  1 review
We are Wampanoags, People of the Breaking Day. Nippa'uus the Sun, in his journey through the sky, warms us first as he rises over the rim of the sea. At his birth each new morning we say, "Thank you, Nippa'uus, for returning to us with your warmth and light and beauty."
But it is Kiehtan, the Great Spirit, who made us all: we, the two-legged who stand tall, and the four-le
Hardcover
Published September 30th 1990 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about People of the Breaking Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People of the Breaking Day

Erin
Second graders are studying Native American tribes. This one is from the perspective of the Wampanoag people. Nice paintings, lots of information, (though I am uncertain of the information's provenance)... but, ultimately, far too long for second graders in one sitting. Maybe I'll try it again over the course of two sessions. Maybe I'll find a different book in the future.
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2011
Jen
Jen added it
Jun 17, 2011
The Pilgrims of Plimoth James Towne: Struggle for Survival Thunder From the Clear Sky The Green Mist The Wee, Wee Mannie and the Big, Big Coo: A Scottish Folk Tale