Start by marking “Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible” as Want to Read:
Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible

Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  8 reviews
America's #1 vitamin book--now with extensive new material and special sections. This classic guide has been completely updated to put the information you need at your fingertips so you can live a longer, healthier and better life. Discover:

*How to maximize the effectiveness of your vitamins/supplements and avoid problems by taking them in the right combinations

*New anti
Published February 1st 2011 by Grand Central Life & Style (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible

Sandra
There is no way to be 'finished' with a reference book.

That said, I have a deep appreciation for the comprehensiveness of the book. It lists the vitamin or mineral form that is most usable by the body—as well as its food sources.

Why not take iron with calcium? Why should thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2) and B6 be taken in equal quantities? This is stuff your doctors just don't have time to tell you. It isn't their expertise.

The cautions and cross reference with interactions bring to my attention wh
Coryke
This book is information overload. Actually, it isn't that there is too much information, so much as it is laid out in a quirky manner. To find a basic regimen for vitamins, one has to jump about halfway into the book and it is found under a chapter title that was not obviously what I was looking for. Not being a nutritionist, I cannot vouch for the quality of the information. The general information about the vitamins and minerals themselves seems to fall within the range of broad consensus. Re ...more
Melody
Interesting, overwhelming and perhaps more anecdotal than not. He lost me entirely when he said that bodybuilders should be eating a diet comprised of 90% carbs, 10% protein & little or no fat. *snerk* Then came the credulous chapter on homeopathy. I can't recommend this, unless to someone already predisposed to believe in miracle cures. I'm certain that a lot of the information is very good, but there were so many red flags for me that I ended up not believing any of it.
Jeremiah Hebert
It's a book about vitamins (and minerals, amino acids, etc). It's an incredibly easy read- I read it cover to cover in about two hours. Highly reccomended if you are trying to get healthy.
Serge Pierro
A comprehensive guide. It covers a wide range of vitamins and explains each one in depth. There are also sections devoted to health issues and other relevant topics.
Deborah Good
Generally a good reference---I used some of the information in class.
Noelle N.
I was obsessive and read this from cover to cover. Really helpful!
Seeing
A worthy addition to anyone's health reference library.
Lyn Strum
Lyn Strum marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Aoife Harkness
Aoife Harkness marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Jack
Jack added it
Sep 06, 2014
Andrea Glassman
Andrea Glassman marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Jeff N. Titusville
Jeff N. Titusville marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Earl Lawrence Mindell, Ph.D., is a registered pharmacist and master herbalist, and is recognized internationally as an expert on nutrition, vitamins, and herbal remedies. He is Professor Emeritus of nutrition at Pacific Western University (Los Angeles, CA).

Dr. Mindell is an amateur historian in his spare time.
More about Earl Mindell...
Earl Mindell's New Herb Bible Earl Mindell's Vitamin Bible for the 21st Century Earl Mindell's Food as Medicine: What You Can Eat to Help Prevent Everything from Colds to Heart Disease to Cancer Prescription Alternatives: Hundreds of Safe, Natural, Prescription-Free Remedies to Restore and Maintain Your Health Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar