Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6 (Chi's Sweet Home / チーズスイートホーム)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  392 ratings  ·  34 reviews
America loves Chi! Japan's latest kitty phenomenon is rising up the U.S. charts and has quickly become a publishing sensation. Presented in full-color and left-to-right format, Chi and her collection of furry and feathery friends are back
with more adventures for readers of all ages to enjoy this summer.

Chi is a michievous newborn kitten who on a leisurely stroll with her f...more
Published June 28th 2011 by Vertical (first published January 1st 2009)

Dewey by Vicki MyronThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollPuss in Boots by Charles Perrault
Great "Cat" Books
233rd out of 801 books — 386 voters
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussKitten's First Full Moon by Kevin HenkesMillions of Cats by Wanda GágPuss in Boots by Charles PerraultThe Tale of Tom Kitten by Beatrix Potter
Picture Books about Cats
266th out of 320 books — 149 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicola Mansfield
It's getting hard to say anything different about each volume as each one is as pleasing as the last. There is no plot, nothing really happens other than a series of events but it is all so sweet, realistic, cute and amusing. I've gotten used to Chi's character now and don't actually laugh out loud anymore but I'm still smiling and chuckling to myself at her realistic feline reactions. This volume mostly takes place outside as Chi explores the neighbourhood meeting up with the neighbourhood pets...more
Pinky
I'm a little nervous about all of Chi's outdoor adventures. She meets up with a not-so-nice kitty in this one. Also, hilarious chapter with Chi and the vacuum cleaner.
MissAnnThrope
30 April 2013

Whodathunkkit that there could be an even grumpier kitty than Chi?

(view spoiler)

This ornery kitty brings out the naïve and playful side of Chi. Watching the contrasting personalities bounce off of each other was a rompin' good time.

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6 made me start feeling bad for the patient Yamadas. Chi is a little hellion! She's lucky she's so dang cute.

As always, another hilarious installment to this wonderful series. The kitty-proofing and vacuum scenes...more
Karissa
This was another adorable volume in the Chi’s Sweet Home series. This is a great series that is cute and funny and wonderful for all ages of readers.

Chi has settled into her new home and is now starting to explore around. She meets a number of new cats, including Cocchi who is the first kitten around her age she has ever known. Chi is starting to realize that a cat is something different and separate from the people she lives with.

This book is full of hilarity and cuteness just like all of the r...more
Ashley
This is the first volume where I really noticed the colour coding of the sound effects. Perfect! I loved all of the new creatures introduced in this one. Hilarious!
Dolly
Mar 02, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the sixth book in the Chi's Sweet Home series. We were introduced to more characters in this story and we see that Chi is becoming more bold and adventurous.

Chi becomes a bit more bold in this tale and explores outside of the confines of the family's yard. I liked to see how Chi interacts with the other cats throughout the story.

Overall, it's a humorous tale and a quick, entertaining read. We will certainly look for more volumes of Chi's story at our local library.
Lisa
she was a little annoying this time but i love how curious she is
Brian
Apr 14, 2014 Brian rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
the kids and I are still loving the adventures of this cat.
Thomas Andrikus
Sometimes Chi's behaviour can be a bit puppy-ish...such as in her insistence to push heavy things around (kittens don't do that, because once they find out something is heavy, they give up).

And by the way, it is in this volume that I find out that Chi is actually a female kitten. Funny, I had thought it's grey-white colour combination was meant to signify that it's a male.
Sian Lile-Pastore
Volume six of Chi's Sweet Home! Chi continues to be adorable here, she eats someone else's birthday cake - 'chi's making this mine!'and discovers she like's being vacuumed 'the woo-woo bwush feels so good', she meets new cats and is still unable to say her 'r's - pwace, awea, cwimb, scarewy, and so on, which we all know it beyond cute.
Kate
Sep 13, 2011 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cat lovers, manga fans
Shelves: manga
More adventures with Chi and just as adorable as always! Chi's Sweet Home is a wonderful series, full of cute characters and scenarios that are easy for any cat lover to relate. The art is colourful and the slice-of-life stories are great to read any time. Highly recommended, and I can't wait for the next release!
Philippe Lhoste
La suite des minuscules aventures de Chi, la minuscule bébé chatte découvrant le monde et se faisant de nouveaux amis.
Fidèle à lui-même, avec une fine observation des chats... et de leurs maîtres.
Joliment dessiné, tout en couleurs (rare pour un manga !), ça se laisse lire pour passer un bon moment.
Amy
Cocchi is hilarious. Enjoy how he doesn't want anything to do with Chi and by all outward appearances is a bully type cat - but Chi always manages to soften him up, whether he wants to have fun or not!
Cathy
Chi begins to find there are many things that are forbidden around the home and while getting domestic (enter the infamous collar with bell), broadens her adventures outdoors (and at night!)

Samantha
Lots of kitty mischief in this one. Also included: Chi gets a collar and explores the night.

This series is the definition of an all ages read. Pet lovers will tear through these books!
Sara
What can I say, this was another adorable Chi book. The scene where the cats were just staring at the water made me laugh out loud.
Candice Gibson
I love this series. While Chi gets into some odder situations, sometimes she is just like my cats. And she's just so darn cute.
Genevieve
Awwwww.... kitttttyyyyyy! So adorable. Manga set up for Western readers and a huge hit with Lilah, too.
Monica
This volume made me laugh out loud during work! And Chi's made some friends! Excellent continuation.
Stewart Tame
Still cute. Still a kitten. Still fun. If you liked the previous five volumes, you'll like this one.
April
The boys continue to adore Chi's adventures....such a funny little kitten! ;)
Erin
I love how Chi is making new friends. The illustrations are adorable.
Kricket
adorable kitty continues to be adorable, play in bags, destroy things, etc.
Cheetarah
I just love this little Cat! It's an instant mood lifter :)
Melainebooks
Toujours aussi craquante. Elle rencontre de nouveaux amis.
Melainebooks
L'épisode du gâteau d'anniversaire est trop drôle !!
Sarah Willmann
what an awesome series i cannot put them down
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Sometimes Chi's expression was too cutesy...
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 04
  • Neko Ramen: Hey! Order Up!
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 2
  • A Bride's Story 04
  • Kobato, Vol. 03 (Kobato, #3)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 6 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #6)
  • Tiger & Bunny, Vol. 1
  • Le cimetière des autobus (Lou!, Tome 3)
  • Princess Knight, Vol. 02
Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 5