Start by marking “Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6” as Want to Read:
Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6 (Chi's Sweet Home / チーズスイートホーム #6)

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  684 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
America loves Chi! Japan's latest kitty phenomenon is rising up the U.S. charts and has quickly become a publishing sensation. Presented in full-color and left-to-right format, Chi and her collection of furry and feathery friends are back
with more adventures for readers of all ages to enjoy this summer.

Chi is a michievous newborn kitten who on a leisurely stroll with her f
Published June 28th 2011 by Vertical (first published April 23rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6

Dewey by Vicki MyronThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Great "Cat" Books
209th out of 1,046 books — 599 voters
Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 by Kanata KonamiThe Lost Warrior by Erin HunterNeko Ramen by Kenji SonishiChi's Sweet Home, Volume 8 by Kanata KonamiWhat's Michael?, Vol. 1 by Makoto Kobayashi
Cat Comics & Manga
12th out of 41 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicola Mansfield
Feb 01, 2014 Nicola Mansfield rated it really liked it
It's getting hard to say anything different about each volume as each one is as pleasing as the last. There is no plot, nothing really happens other than a series of events but it is all so sweet, realistic, cute and amusing. I've gotten used to Chi's character now and don't actually laugh out loud anymore but I'm still smiling and chuckling to myself at her realistic feline reactions. This volume mostly takes place outside as Chi explores the neighbourhood meeting up with the neighbourhood pets ...more
Pinky
Feb 02, 2013 Pinky rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-13
I'm a little nervous about all of Chi's outdoor adventures. She meets up with a not-so-nice kitty in this one. Also, hilarious chapter with Chi and the vacuum cleaner.
Christyn
It's hard to think of new things to say about a book series. So I'll go with the stand by - adorable. Though perhaps not as adorable as some earlier books (or maybe I'm overdosing on adorability). Chi gets into a lot of mischief (including destruction) in this volume as well as meeting up with new and old friends. I thought the funniest one in this particular volume involved the parakeet. Mostly, just Chi being a kitten and getting into all sorts of mischief and fun.
MissAnnThrope
30 April 2013

Whodathunkkit that there could be an even grumpier kitty than Chi?

(view spoiler)

This ornery kitty brings out the naïve and playful side of Chi. Watching the contrasting personalities bounce off of each other was a rompin' good time.

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6 made me start feeling bad for the patient Yamadas. Chi is a little hellion! She's lucky she's so dang cute.

As always, another hilarious installment to this wonderful series. The kitty-proofing and vacuum scenes
Karissa
Mar 29, 2014 Karissa rated it it was amazing
This was another adorable volume in the Chi’s Sweet Home series. This is a great series that is cute and funny and wonderful for all ages of readers.

Chi has settled into her new home and is now starting to explore around. She meets a number of new cats, including Cocchi who is the first kitten around her age she has ever known. Chi is starting to realize that a cat is something different and separate from the people she lives with.

This book is full of hilarity and cuteness just like all of the r
Ashley D--
This is the first volume where I really noticed the colour coding of the sound effects. Perfect! I loved all of the new creatures introduced in this one. Hilarious!
Mayda
May 16, 2015 Mayda rated it it was amazing
Chi makes a new friend - Cocchi - and their antics in the park are the picture of kitten hilarity as they indulge their curiosity and playfulness. Chi also spends some of her days visiting other neighbors and getting into trouble all by herself. Chi is made aware that there are beings a lot like she is, and that they are cats. Hmmmm. You can almost hear her little cat brain trying to take it all in. Chi is given something by her human family, much to her dislike. Really, she is better off withou ...more
Dolly
Mar 02, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the sixth book in the Chi's Sweet Home series. We were introduced to more characters in this story and we see that Chi is becoming more bold and adventurous.

Chi becomes a bit more bold in this tale and explores outside of the confines of the family's yard. I liked to see how Chi interacts with the other cats throughout the story.

Overall, it's a humorous tale and a quick, entertaining read. We will certainly look for more volumes of Chi's story at our local library.
Laurel Bradshaw
Sep 08, 2015 Laurel Bradshaw rated it really liked it
Chi makes friends with another kitten in the park, gets into trouble at home with a hot iron, eating plants, and the delights of knocking things down the stairs. She gets a new collar, and has a night-time adventure outside.
Mar ★
Aug 05, 2014 Mar ★ rated it really liked it
Okay so I had it in hand and after finishing the other... and having a constipation... All I do is read! :D and Chi makes my mood brighter :3
Saoirse
Encore un volume sympathique, pas grand chose à dire de plus. Beaucoup de bêtises, de nouveaux personnages. C'est mignon.
Lisa
Jul 21, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
she was a little annoying this time but i love how curious she is
Teresa
Feb 01, 2016 Teresa rated it it was amazing
I love this series
Brian
Apr 14, 2014 Brian rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
the kids and I are still loving the adventures of this cat.
Thomas Andrikus
Jun 19, 2013 Thomas Andrikus rated it it was amazing
Sometimes Chi's behaviour can be a bit puppy-ish...such as in her insistence to push heavy things around (kittens don't do that, because once they find out something is heavy, they give up).

And by the way, it is in this volume that I find out that Chi is actually a female kitten. Funny, I had thought it's grey-white colour combination was meant to signify that it's a male.
Sian Lile-Pastore
Volume six of Chi's Sweet Home! Chi continues to be adorable here, she eats someone else's birthday cake - 'chi's making this mine!'and discovers she like's being vacuumed 'the woo-woo bwush feels so good', she meets new cats and is still unable to say her 'r's - pwace, awea, cwimb, scarewy, and so on, which we all know it beyond cute.
Kate
Sep 13, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: cat lovers, manga fans
Shelves: manga
More adventures with Chi and just as adorable as always! Chi's Sweet Home is a wonderful series, full of cute characters and scenarios that are easy for any cat lover to relate. The art is colourful and the slice-of-life stories are great to read any time. Highly recommended, and I can't wait for the next release!
Philippe Lhoste
Apr 21, 2012 Philippe Lhoste rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
La suite des minuscules aventures de Chi, la minuscule bébé chatte découvrant le monde et se faisant de nouveaux amis.
Fidèle à lui-même, avec une fine observation des chats... et de leurs maîtres.
Joliment dessiné, tout en couleurs (rare pour un manga !), ça se laisse lire pour passer un bon moment.
Marjorie C. Deeb
J'adore les animaux, encore plus les chats. Et les aventures de Chi me font toujours aussi sourire que rire. Si vous aimez nos amis les chats, cette saga de manga devrait vous plaire ! À chaque fois, je ne vois pas les pages passées...
Amy
Dec 24, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: j-fiction, 2012
Cocchi is hilarious. Enjoy how he doesn't want anything to do with Chi and by all outward appearances is a bully type cat - but Chi always manages to soften him up, whether he wants to have fun or not!
Cathy
Sep 24, 2011 Cathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels
Chi begins to find there are many things that are forbidden around the home and while getting domestic (enter the infamous collar with bell), broadens her adventures outdoors (and at night!)

Samantha
Sep 01, 2013 Samantha rated it liked it
Shelves: cats, kids-comics, funny
Lots of kitty mischief in this one. Also included: Chi gets a collar and explores the night.

This series is the definition of an all ages read. Pet lovers will tear through these books!
Sara
Mar 07, 2015 Sara rated it it was amazing
What can I say, this was another adorable Chi book. The scene where the cats were just staring at the water made me laugh out loud.
Candice Gibson
I love this series. While Chi gets into some odder situations, sometimes she is just like my cats. And she's just so darn cute.
Genevieve
May 16, 2013 Genevieve rated it it was amazing
Awwwww.... kitttttyyyyyy! So adorable. Manga set up for Western readers and a huge hit with Lilah, too.
Monica
Feb 19, 2016 Monica rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This volume made me laugh out loud during work! And Chi's made some friends! Excellent continuation.
Stewart Tame
Aug 04, 2013 Stewart Tame rated it liked it
Still cute. Still a kitten. Still fun. If you liked the previous five volumes, you'll like this one.
April
Aug 28, 2013 April rated it it was amazing
The boys continue to adore Chi's adventures....such a funny little kitten! ;)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Kobato., Vol. 03 (Kobato., #3)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Neko Ramen: Hey! Order Up!
  • What's Michael?, Vol. 1: Michael's Album
Konami Kanata (jp. こなみ かなた, Kanata Konami; born 3 July 1958, Nagano) is a Japanese cartoonist best known for her cat characters Chi's Sweet Home.
Her works revolves around the daily life of house cats.

She went to Futaba-Kōtō Academy in Suwa, Nagano Perfecture. Her first published manga as a profesional manga-ka was the short story Puchi Neko Jamu Jamu in Nakayoshi Manga Magazine in 1982. The magazi
More about Kanata Konami...

Chi's Sweet Home / チーズスイートホーム (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1