Start by marking “Valley Of Fire” as Want to Read:
Valley Of Fire

Valley Of Fire

Her world is built on Happily Ever Afters. His world is built on a cynical distrust of fairytale romance. Will he prove that she’s just another huckster selling fake dreams? Wealthy businessman Steven Winngate thinks bestselling novelist Kathleen “Brandy” Alexander is researching him for a book. When he finds her in the desert outside Las Vegas, lost and sick from the heat ...more
Paperback
Published April 20th 2012 by Bell Bridge Books (first published April 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Valley Of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valley Of Fire

Vox
May 27, 2012 Vox rated it did not like it
Sometimes while reading, I will imagine a soundtrack for the book. In the case of Janelle Taylor's Valley of Fire, that soundtrack is limited to this chorus: "A little less conversation, a little more action, please."

Look, I admire authors. Writing a book is not easy, and I doff my wig to them at every opportunity. But sometimes, let's face it, a book just is not good. Sometimes, a book just flat out is awful.

As far as Valley of Fire is concerned, the problems lie in repetition, failure to creat
Anncleire
“Valley of fire” è finito nelle cose da leggere totalmente per sbaglio, in un raptus di aggiunte matte e disperate, di quelle che mi capitano solo quando finisco su Netgalley. Poi quando leggo romance, la mia testa parte per la tangente e si immagina chissà cosa anche quando effettivamente questo non è il caso. Ma visto che do sempre una chance di redenzione a tutti i libri, ecco che l’ho terminato anche se il verdetto non è molto positivo.

Brandy Alexander è una scrittrice di romance e si trova
Shalini Ayre
Jun 21, 2012 Shalini Ayre rated it liked it
Brandy Alexander, a successful author, finds herself stranded in the Las Vegas desert, the aptly named 'Valley of Fire'. As she succumbs to heatstroke along comes the handsome, wealthy Steven Winngate to rescue her. Adamant that no-one knows, including Brandy, who her actual rescuer is, he ensures the state police tell her that Lance Renynolds is the one who literally ran into her car.

Making a recovery, Brandy also gives an alias of Kathy Alexander - both Brandy and Steve have enough trouble wit
Rhonda
Jun 03, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 STARS
The story of the Valley of fire has a lot of mistakes they are always jumping ahead trying to out figure the other person so
they don't risk thier hearts. They also have people trying to hurt someone because of jealousy.
Kathleen Alexander is visiting the Valley of Fire when her car breaks down and her jug of water is empty. She passes out in the middle of the road.
Steven Winngate was riding his motorcycle on his way to a business meeting when he almost hit the car in the middle of the roa
Cheeyee
May 22, 2012 Cheeyee rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance, 2012
Review At: I Read, I Think, I Share

Review Date: 2 June 2012

Review URL: http://littlemermybooks.blogspot.com/2012/06/valley-of-fire-by-janelle-taylor.html

Summary:

This is an easy read. The book was originally published in 1992, now is being released as an ebook. The story is quite simple. Brandy was being saved by Steven. They both were attracted to each other. Due to fate they kept on bump into each other at different occasions. However due to misunderstandings, Steven did not trust Brandy comple
An Odd1
Jun 23, 2011 An Odd1 rated it it was ok
** "Valley of Fire" is the first contemporary (80s) style from Janelle Taylor, success in historical romances, with multiple meanings: the Vegas deserted desert hiway where sapphire-eyed handsome playboy tycoon on motorcycle rescues emerald-eyed beauteous virgin author rancher overcome by heatstroke, his passion, hers, and her previous book. Petty jealous admirers fan misunderstandings triggered when both famous names try to protect their privacy. Dated 80s costumes, details, and independent car ...more
Reader's Lust
Aug 07, 2012 Reader's Lust rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Steven Wingate and Brandy Alexander are two people who need to get on the same page and not be hostile to one and another. While I did enjoy the novel the fact that these two people where at logger heads for most of the novel annoyed me. Not to say that there is something I don't enjoy in novels but this seem to be the whole reason for the novel. I would recommend it if you like angst and that is what I felt through out the story.

I have never read Janelle Taylor before but I would read another j
GONZA
Aug 29, 2012 GONZA rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too slow anyway, the story was not captivating and, even if I like romance with misunderstanding that leads to love, in this book there were too many in my opinion.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND BELL BRIDGE BOOKS FOR THE PREVIEW
Alisia
Jun 03, 2012 Alisia rated it it was ok
Painfully awkward... Sometimes confusing use of perspective (I mean, three different point-of-views in one paragraph is pushing it) and too much dialogue.
Jenni Ebba
May 14, 2012 Jenni Ebba rated it liked it
Received from NetGalley with review to come.
Emily
Jun 17, 2012 Emily rated it it was ok
Too much talking. Started ok and about half way through I got really bored.
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
May 08, 2014
Daisy
Daisy rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Shawn
Shawn rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Sonia Horst
Sonia Horst rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Clark
Clark rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Kimberly Treamer
Kimberly Treamer rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Paula Marshall
Paula Marshall rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2012
Mrbacon
Mrbacon rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2011
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Cassie
Cassie rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2010
Bree Moore
Bree Moore rated it it was ok
Oct 31, 2014
June Marie
June Marie rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2010
Terra
Terra rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Adelcaruso
Adelcaruso rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Patricia Cartwright
Patricia Cartwright rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Karen Hipp
Karen Hipp rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The legendary Janelle Taylor was born on June 28, 1944 in Athens, GA. In 1965, she married Michael Taylor with whom she had two children, Angela Taylor-MacIntyre and Alisha Taylor Thurmond. Ms. Taylor attended the Medical College of Georgia from 1977 to 1979 and Augusta State University from 1980-1981. She withdrew from the latter after she sold her first two novels. Today, she is the author of th ...more
More about Janelle Taylor...