Start by marking “A Knight to Remember (Knight, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Knight to Remember (Knight, #2)

A Knight to Remember (Knight #2)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  834 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Fallen from grace and sheltered in a convent, Lady Edlyn is a skilled herbalist forced to secretly tend the wounds of Hugh de Florisoun. A knight renowned for his prowess on the battlefield and in the bedchamber, Hugh is a man who is no stranger to Edlyn's heart.

Using the healing magic of herbs and the power of remembered love, Edlyn saves the warrior's life. Now Hugh clai
Published July 30th 2013 by Avon (first published April 3rd 1996)

To ask other readers questions about A Knight to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Knight to Remember

The Bride by Julie GarwoodA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtThe Secret by Julie GarwoodRansom by Julie GarwoodHonor's Splendour by Julie Garwood
Best Medieval Romance Novels
47th out of 450 books — 810 voters
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenOutlander by Diana GabaldonJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëDevil in Winter by Lisa KleypasPersuasion by Jane Austen
100 Historical Romances To Read Before You Die
434th out of 1,053 books — 1,337 voters

More lists with this book...

Stacie
Oct 31, 2007 Stacie added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance
This was the second book to the Knight series from this author. It was a quick read and I enjoyed it. The woman is strong and can take care of herself. I love her strength and the humor that the story has in it. I also liked how the hero was able to be a man and realise that the heroine could take care of herself even when it made her look smarter.
Shadow
Not a great novel for Dodd. The romance is flat and the story boring. The characters weren't all that likable and there was a bit of jerkiness in the pacing. More could be said, but basically this is a dime a dozen historical romance. Read it if it's free, but don't bother seeking it out.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jun 27, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2010
I adore Christina Dodd's heroines. This one knows the trick to circumventing the actions of the men with all the power in order to achieve secure results, and ends up saving the day more than once.

A fun story, though with several glaring anachronisms that threw me off.
Jill
Jan 17, 2016 Jill added it
I really liked Christina Dodd's historicals in the 90s and I bought this on sale, hoping I'd like it. And I think if I read it twenty years ago, I probably would have liked it.

It wasn't terrible or horrifying, but the hero felt a bit too coercive for my taste (but nothing out of the norm for when it was written) and the heroine too much of a doormat.

If it had felt really special, I would have pushed through my qualms and kept reading, but it felt like a more of an average read, so for now this
Emily
Nov 05, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult Women
Recommended to Emily by: Lisa Kleypas
I downloaded an ebook format from Amazon after seeing a post post by author Lisa Kleypas on Facebook to read this Historical Romance by Christina Dodd. It was on sale for $0.99. I'm a huge fan of Lisa Kleypas, so when she recommends a book, I listen.

I very much enjoyed A Knight to Remember. I would have given the book 5 stars if the misspellings and grammatical errors weren't so distracting. I'm not sure if the errors were there because of the ebook format, or if the physical copy has those sam
Cherie
Oct 16, 2012 Cherie rated it it was amazing
A Knight to Remember is a book I'll remember. This is the second in the series and what a wild ride it was. Edlyn is the heroine whom we met in Once A Knight where she was being fostered by the heroine. The hero, Hugh, was also in that book being fostered as a knight. She was a girl of 17 and in love with him but he hardly noticed her. She was sent to a Duke of very advanced age and A Night to Remember picks up her story.

She has been widowed twice, the Duke was old and died of natural causes and
_inbetween_
Dodd is my anti-Hunter, undoing much of that sickening subjogation "romance" with the novels I've read so far. I still haven't compared who wrote which story when/first, but when they start with similar plots, Dodd has a genuinely resourceful woman get together with a man who has to change (his views) for them to reach a happy end, not for her to accept submission and possession as the natural and right way and be compensated by sex whenever he wants to. Yet oddly enough I see reviews for Dodd c ...more
Lori Anderson
Nov 10, 2012 Lori Anderson rated it liked it
Oh for Pete's sake. I got this thinking it would be along the lines of some other historical fiction but it was a bit more of a Harlequin bodice-ripper type of book. I never even saw the cover as it was a Kindle buy and if I'd seen the cover, I might have known a little better.

That being said, it was the BEST of that genre I've read. More plot, good romance writing, but not one to stay on my mind for very long. I kept finding myself saying, "that wouldn't really happen" and "men in that era woul
Tressa
Nov 09, 2014 Tressa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A Knight to Remember was humorous and enjoyable. It was a bit over-the-top regarding Edlyn and Hugh, but it suited them because they were bigger than life. I did like the inclusion of the reality of that time, but I’m always amazed at the disregard for life.
Christyn
Apr 15, 2015 Christyn rated it liked it
A pretty standard romance novel, with some high points. I do love the strong female character, who has a mind of her own and constantly challenges the male lead character by coming up with unique solutions to problems they encounter.
Desi
Feb 06, 2015 Desi rated it it was amazing
I miss the days when medievals were popular. They are fantastic when done right. A few unlikely outcomes here and there in the book, but overall a great journey into another era. Very good world building by Dodd.
SBC
Jan 07, 2015 SBC rated it really liked it
An interesting historical romance with likable characters and an admirable effort to capture the mindset and mores of the middle age (without bogging us down in historical detail). I enjoyed the plot and characters.
michelle
Nov 05, 2013 michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This is on my DNF shelf. I couldn't get past how arrogant Hugh is. And I understand that he had the mindset of men of that time. That doesn't mean I enjoy reading him belittling and making decisions for the heroine (a HUGE pet peeve of mine in books, that type of alpha male is NOT sexy to me!).
I felt that the narrative was choppy and the writing was subpar--especially for Chritina Dodd. I usually start reading her novevls and just speed through them. This one I kept rolling my eyes at the chees
Carolyne
Nov 05, 2014 Carolyne rated it it was ok
The story lacks a fair bit of believability when Edlyn embarrasses her husband time and again in front of his men and other nobles and he does nothing about it.
Hortencia
May 19, 2010 Hortencia rated it it was amazing
This and 'Once A Knight' are the first books of Dodd's that I've read and I must say I'm really pleased. The hero in each of these books is wonderful - strong, stubborn, at turns idiotic... never dull and always lovable. The heroines are independent and have their wits about them, able to exist without a man by their side, able to hold their own against opponents and naysayers. The storyline was interesting, the secondary characters full of personality. I, like many others, am hoping for Richard ...more
Jamie DeBree
Aug 22, 2013 Jamie DeBree rated it really liked it
This historical romance involves a few unique twists to the budding relationship that I found refreshing and fascinating at the same time. It also explored something I don't often see explored in historicals involving knights and their women, which is a juxtaposition of the male need to conquer vs the female tendency to worry, and how those perspectives color (or might have colored) *everything*, really. Excellent romance, but also just an excellent exploration of human philosophy and character. ...more
Shea
Nov 09, 2012 Shea rated it liked it
I had high hopes for this book because I enjoyed the first one so much and the main female character in this book is an herbalist. I would have liked to read more about Edlyn's work in the Abbey's dispensary. Also, I would have enjoyed more story surrounding her sons. The love story was not as compelling between Hugh and Edlyn as it could have been. It was still a fun read but I was disappointed, especially since there was never an update on David of Radcliffe and his family.
Mara
Oct 22, 2012 Mara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
On offer at 0.99. I haven't read historical romance in a while, as they're not my cup of tea. But I admit this made me smile.
I liked the heroine, even if the men in the book were particularly dense. :)

Note that there were many editing and proofreading errors.
Teri Heyer
Nov 06, 2012 Teri Heyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a good romance.
Recommended to Teri by: Amazon/Kindle
I just finished reading 'A Knight to Remember' and loved it. This is a fast-paced, action-packed read with a stubborn knight, a headstrong heroine and just the right amount of romance. Christina Dodd never disappoints. This is a book I'm sure you'll enjoy.
Kim~Fantasy~
Dec 09, 2011 Kim~Fantasy~ rated it really liked it
ok this was good...Hugh drove me a bit crazy, but i really think they got it together there in the end. I really liked Richards character and hopfully there will be a book with him getting his own lady. Christina Dodd is very good at her romance!
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Jan 31, 2011 Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Someone looking for a lightheard romance with a bit of silliness
Shelves: three-star-books
This book disappointed me. I thought I was going to read a serious book, which turned out to be a lightweight, a bit on the silly side, novel. Good for a lighthearted read, but not what I was hoping for, a good deep serious romance. Oh, well...
Melanie
Aug 11, 2013 Melanie rated it liked it
I love how women of old (a 13th Century one here) taught their men that most ladies deserved to be more than chattel to their husbands! A novelist who is good at dialogue (especially humorous dialogue) is also appreciated.
Hmr28
Feb 06, 2012 Hmr28 rated it it was amazing
I love Dodd's older books (her newer ones too but the oldies are the goodies!) This book has great characters, and interesting (not too overdone) plot and a wonderful HEA. A keeper I've read over and over.
Rachel
Nov 24, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Pretty good story. I like the whole he wants her to love him, she don't wanna. Even though she does. And then goes to fight at the end, and she finally admits she loves him.
Maqluba
Jan 08, 2013 Maqluba marked it as dropped
I was in the mood for a knight-hero book but I couldn't get into this one for some reason- I don't know if its me or the story.. Maybe ill pick it up again some other time..
SanO
An absolute bore. I wanted to quit reading this so many times, but forced myself to finish just because I had already bought this. Save your time and just skip this.
Marcris
Sep 17, 2012 Marcris rated it liked it
Shelves: romanzi, e-books
Le stelline sono in realta' 3 e mezzo, i personaggi sono simpatici, ma certe parti dello svolgimento della trama mi sembrano piu' inverosimili del solito.
Kathleen
Oct 22, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Christina Dodd always has a little of everything. There isn't a better writer than Christina.
Connie
Jul 25, 2012 Connie rated it really liked it
first Christina Dodd book I have read...author Kristen Hannah recommended
  • The Warrior
  • Stealing Heaven (Medieval #3)
  • My Lord's Desire (King John, #1)
  • The Warrior's Touch
  • One Night With a Rogue
  • Alinor (The Roselynde Chronicles, #2)
  • The Conqueror
  • Wedding for a Knight (MacLean, #3)
  • Viking Warrior
  • Forbidden (Medieval Series #2)
  • Surrender Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #3)
  • The Angel and the Prince
  • The Warlord (Montagues, #1)
  • A Knight's Reward (Knight's, #2)
  • Tempt Me (Langley Family Trilogy, #2)
  • Love According to Lily (American Heiresses, #4)
Today and always…LOVE NEVER DIES: A Virtue Falls Short Story https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
-- Out now! OBSESSION FALLS: A full-length Virtue Falls thriller in paperback and ebook https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Christina's Upcoming Stories:
BECAUSE I'M WATCHING: A Virtue Falls suspense (Sept 6, 2016) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Christina's 2015 List of Stories:
-- Out
More about Christina Dodd...

Knight (2 books)
  • Once a Knight (Knight, #1)