Start by marking “Milor! (A Galaxy Unknown, #5)” as Want to Read:
Milor! (A Galaxy Unknown, #5)

Milor! (A Galaxy Unknown #5)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,170 ratings  ·  19 reviews
As if the job of running Space Command's newest and most remote base wasn't difficult enough, Captain Jenetta Carver is charged with keeping the situation between two neighboring planets on the brink of hostilities, from erupting into open warfare. Since the assigned diplomatic corps has not yet arrived at the base, she must resolve the disputes without guidance. The peopl ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Milor!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milor!

The Duke and I by Julia QuinnMine Till Midnight by Lisa KleypasRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnWhen He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
Books With Close Siblings
136th out of 277 books — 107 voters
On Basilisk Station by David WeberDauntless by Jack CampbellAdmiral Who? by Luke Sky WachterEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardA Galaxy Unknown by Thomas DePrima
Military Genius
27th out of 27 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

James
Great. That's what this is. Great. Four Stars which, if written just that little bit better, with a little bit of finesse rather than like a sledgehammer smashing it into your brain, would be an easy five stars. This series is amazing but was starting to come to a slow grinding halt, but with the advent of the Milor race DePrima has given it a right kick up the back side and I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Plot: Four Stars
As I said, the advent of the Milori is the steroid shot that the se
Kageashi
"A Galaxy Unknown" and the ongoing adventures of Jennette Carver (and the extended Carver Clan) is a bit like any addictive substance. At first, it's mildly entertaining. Then it becomes euphoric. By the time one comes to "Milor!" it's become a full-fledged addiction. And unlike with the stereotypical addict path where the quality is cut back as the user becomes more addicted, DePrima's content has continued to improve throughout the series.

Under most circumstances, I might accuse the writer of
Kathy
Sci-fi Thriller at it's Best!

I strongly suggest you read the previous book in the series (A Galaxy Unknown, Valor At Vauzlee, Clones of Mawcett and Trader Vyx) prior to reading this installment.

What a spectacular read! The known galaxy's luckiest Captain is back , with a huge villain that makes the raiders look like criminals with training wheels.

This installment was full of action and suspense. The author packed a lot into this book, however, the story never felt rushed. I'm really impressed wi
Leo Laursen
I really like the light adventure part of the book. It seems that the author tries for hard science-fiction, with numerous technical or academic descriptions, which is boring. Sometimes a character will do the explanations in a dialogue, but I can't help feeling that it is the author/narrator speaking, and that undermines the character building.
Andrew
Promotions, terrorists and invasion forces!
Rich
I think I'm over this one.

The whole mysterious attacks thing at the beginning was pretty much blown off as an afterthought.

Invading, angry aliens with tentacles. Oh, that's a new one.

Our hero heroically stops the invasion thru crafty new ideas that impress some of her superiors and anger others. I think I've read this book before.

I really wanted this series to get better, but it just hasn't yet. There's nothing extraordinarily awful about it, but I just don't see myself investing time and money
STOP 22
The same comments on the first four books apply here. The smart, witty and tricky traps devised by Admiral Carver are starting to get a little anti-climactic. There seems to be little risk or drama. None of the series has been as good as the first one.

What about the Pirates? Four books and they've done nothing? What about the twin sisters (clones)? Not enough on them.

Like the others, the read and plot were smooth enough and characters interesting enough to read all of, but the story still leav
Chuck Emmer
I am looking forward to the next book in this series. I think that Jenneta's sisters will take over the story line now that she has become admiral of the fleet.

It would be interesting to see what happens if any of these girls gets pregnant, what would it mean for the physiology of the offspring.
Gab
So the great Space Opera/Galactic Battle is heating up.

Great Sci-Fi epic. There are a few bits where the author gets a bit bogged down with detailed explanations when I just wanted to get on with the story [it's the author's fault for making the main storyline so exciting] but I just browsed/skipped these parts and so didn't deduct stars - the story/adventure is worth it.

Really enjoying this series.
Karen
Another fun space opera with CAPT Jenetta Carver at the helm from Mr. DePrima.
LadyCroft86
Another great space adventure with Jenetta Carver. I am really starting to like Trader Vyx as well. I keep hoping they will hook up! I am starting to get a little bored because things always work out perfectly for Jenetta but I'm still excited to read the next 2 books and hopefully more are on the way!
Marnee
I agree with the other reviewers, this one is probably one of the better of the series. I liked some of the politics in this one and felt that the world was getting flushed out a little more. I felt that some of the battle scenes are similar to Ender's Game.
Shane
Still enjoying the series. Nearing the end though which means I will need to find something new soon!
Coyora Dokusho
garble garble garble... bnearg...

Honor Harrington and Chejiro are both better written...

still goin'...
Iori
It was a much better plot than the last one, I can't wait for GAC to finally defeat their enemies definitely
Rod
Battle extends to include aliens but we are sure that Jenetta will prevail in the end.
Ihijump
..."Admiral Hubera muttered something intelligible".
Chris
Great Series
Jenetta Carver vs Black Jack Geary 5 13 Sep 16, 2013 09:28PM
  • An Officer's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why, #2)
  • Valkyrie Rising (Hayden War Cycle, #2)
  • Redoubtable (Kris Longknife, #8)
  • Rocket! (Ell Donsaii, #4)
  • The Power of a Queen (Annihilation, #2)
  • The Rings of Haven (The Frontiers Saga #2)
  • The Riss Survival (The Riss Series, #3)

A Galaxy Unknown (9 books)
  • A Galaxy Unknown (A Galaxy Unknown #1)
  • Valor At Vauzlee (A Galaxy Unknown #2)
  • The Clones of Mawcett (A Galaxy Unknown #3)
  • Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown #4)
  • Castle Vroman (A Galaxy Unknown #6)
  • Against All Odds (A Galaxy Unknown #7)
  • Return to Dakistee (A Galaxy Unknown #8)
  • Retreat And Adapt (A Galaxy Unknown #9)
A Galaxy Unknown (A Galaxy Unknown #1) Valor At Vauzlee (A Galaxy Unknown #2) The Clones of Mawcett (A Galaxy Unknown #3) Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown #4) Against All Odds (A Galaxy Unknown #7)