Start by marking “Milor! (A Galaxy Unknown, #5)” as Want to Read:
Milor! (A Galaxy Unknown, #5)

Milor! (A Galaxy Unknown #5)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  1,556 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
As if the job of running Space Command's newest and most remote base wasn't difficult enough, Captain Jenetta Carver is charged with keeping the situation between two neighboring planets on the brink of hostilities, from erupting into open warfare. Since the assigned diplomatic corps has not yet arrived at the base, she must resolve the disputes without guidance. The peopl ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Milor!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milor!

On Basilisk Station by David WeberA Galaxy Unknown by Thomas DePrimaShadow Team GB by J.M. JohnsonEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardDauntless by Jack Campbell
Military Genius
12th out of 41 books — 28 voters
Ender's Game by Orson Scott CardStarship Troopers by Robert A. HeinleinOld Man's War by John ScalziThe Forever War by Joe HaldemanOn Basilisk Station by David Weber
Military Science Fiction
287th out of 623 books — 929 voters

More lists with this book...

James
Apr 25, 2012 James rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Great. That's what this is. Great. Four Stars which, if written just that little bit better, with a little bit of finesse rather than like a sledgehammer smashing it into your brain, would be an easy five stars. This series is amazing but was starting to come to a slow grinding halt, but with the advent of the Milor race DePrima has given it a right kick up the back side and I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Plot: Four Stars
As I said, the advent of the Milori is the steroid shot that the se
Kageashi
Aug 23, 2013 Kageashi rated it really liked it
Shelves: war-fiction, sci-fi, space
"A Galaxy Unknown" and the ongoing adventures of Jennette Carver (and the extended Carver Clan) is a bit like any addictive substance. At first, it's mildly entertaining. Then it becomes euphoric. By the time one comes to "Milor!" it's become a full-fledged addiction. And unlike with the stereotypical addict path where the quality is cut back as the user becomes more addicted, DePrima's content has continued to improve throughout the series.

Under most circumstances, I might accuse the writer of
Kathy
Apr 14, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Sci-fi Thriller at it's Best!

I strongly suggest you read the previous book in the series (A Galaxy Unknown, Valor At Vauzlee, Clones of Mawcett and Trader Vyx) prior to reading this installment.

What a spectacular read! The known galaxy's luckiest Captain is back , with a huge villain that makes the raiders look like criminals with training wheels.

This installment was full of action and suspense. The author packed a lot into this book, however, the story never felt rushed. I'm really impressed wi
Leo Laursen
I really like the light adventure part of the book. It seems that the author tries for hard science-fiction, with numerous technical or academic descriptions, which is boring. Sometimes a character will do the explanations in a dialogue, but I can't help feeling that it is the author/narrator speaking, and that undermines the character building.
Johan
Jul 10, 2016 Johan rated it liked it
I've read the 10 first books so obviosly this is a good enough series.
Not as good as David Weber's Honnor Harington, but if you liked that one... you'll like this one.

Don't expect very mulidimensional caracters, but a fun exciting read.
Scott
Jun 28, 2015 Scott rated it really liked it
One of the better Janetta Carver stories. You could read the books in this series out of sequence and still enjoy the stories, but it does help if they are read in order.
Rich
Oct 06, 2014 Rich rated it it was ok
I think I'm over this one.

The whole mysterious attacks thing at the beginning was pretty much blown off as an afterthought.

Invading, angry aliens with tentacles. Oh, that's a new one.

Our hero heroically stops the invasion thru crafty new ideas that impress some of her superiors and anger others. I think I've read this book before.

I really wanted this series to get better, but it just hasn't yet. There's nothing extraordinarily awful about it, but I just don't see myself investing time and money
The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon)
The same comments on the first four books apply here. The smart, witty and tricky traps devised by Admiral Carver are starting to get a little anti-climactic. There seems to be little risk or drama. None of the series has been as good as the first one.

What about the Pirates? Four books and they've done nothing? What about the twin sisters (clones)? Not enough on them.

Like the others, the read and plot were smooth enough and characters interesting enough to read all of, but the story still leav
Joshua Rook
Apr 26, 2014 Joshua Rook rated it it was amazing
GREAT!
Chuck Emmer
I am looking forward to the next book in this series. I think that Jenneta's sisters will take over the story line now that she has become admiral of the fleet.

It would be interesting to see what happens if any of these girls gets pregnant, what would it mean for the physiology of the offspring.
Andrew
Jan 17, 2016 Andrew rated it really liked it
Shelves: space-sci-fi
Promotions, terrorists and invasion forces! This is one of the big turning points of the series. I really enjoyed this booked it was a fun trip overall and you see terrorist plots and Jen being used for a diplomat making her character even more able to keep doing up the chain. You also see the excitement of a large scale battle verses different galaxy powers instead of pirates. A good book and a worthy read for anyone to that likes sci-fi.
Gab
May 18, 2011 Gab rated it it was amazing
So the great Space Opera/Galactic Battle is heating up.

Great Sci-Fi epic. There are a few bits where the author gets a bit bogged down with detailed explanations when I just wanted to get on with the story [it's the author's fault for making the main storyline so exciting] but I just browsed/skipped these parts and so didn't deduct stars - the story/adventure is worth it.

Really enjoying this series.
Karen
Jan 22, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
Another fun space opera with CAPT Jenetta Carver at the helm from Mr. DePrima.
LadyCroft86
Jun 24, 2011 LadyCroft86 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Another great space adventure with Jenetta Carver. I am really starting to like Trader Vyx as well. I keep hoping they will hook up! I am starting to get a little bored because things always work out perfectly for Jenetta but I'm still excited to read the next 2 books and hopefully more are on the way!
Marnee
Jan 23, 2013 Marnee rated it liked it
Shelves: fun-space-opera
I agree with the other reviewers, this one is probably one of the better of the series. I liked some of the politics in this one and felt that the world was getting flushed out a little more. I felt that some of the battle scenes are similar to Ender's Game.
Shane
Apr 28, 2011 Shane rated it really liked it
Still enjoying the series. Nearing the end though which means I will need to find something new soon!
Coyora Dokusho
Nov 28, 2013 Coyora Dokusho rated it liked it
garble garble garble... bnearg...

Honor Harrington and Chejiro are both better written...

still goin'...
Iori
Jul 31, 2013 Iori rated it it was amazing
It was a much better plot than the last one, I can't wait for GAC to finally defeat their enemies definitely
Rod
Jan 08, 2012 Rod rated it really liked it
Battle extends to include aliens but we are sure that Jenetta will prevail in the end.
Ihijump
Sep 24, 2013 Ihijump rated it liked it
..."Admiral Hubera muttered something intelligible".
Chris
Apr 22, 2014 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
Great Series
Garrett Scott
Garrett Scott rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
Kanen
Kanen marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Francis Carl Merrifield
Francis Carl Merrifield is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2016
Jussi Haiko
Jussi Haiko rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Ryan
Ryan added it
Sep 23, 2016
Dave Anderson
Dave Anderson marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Eystein Davøen
Eystein Davøen rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Jonatan Hellborg
Jonatan Hellborg rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2016
Michael
Michael is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2016
Jenetta Carver vs Black Jack Geary 5 15 Sep 16, 2013 01:28PM
  • Redoubtable (Kris Longknife, #8)
  • Valkyrie Rising (Hayden War Cycle, #2)
  • Hellfire (Theirs Not to Reason Why, #3)
  • The Riss Gamble (The Riss Series, #1)
  • The Rings of Haven (The Frontiers Saga #2)
  • Smarter (Ell Donsaii, #2)
  • Inception (The Catherine Kimbridge Chronicles, #1)

A Galaxy Unknown (10 books)
  • A Galaxy Unknown (A Galaxy Unknown #1)
  • Valor at Vauzlee (A Galaxy Unknown #2)
  • The Clones of Mawcett (A Galaxy Unknown #3)
  • Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown #4)
  • Castle Vroman (A Galaxy Unknown #6)
  • Against All Odds (A Galaxy Unknown #7)
  • Return to Dakistee (A Galaxy Unknown #8)
  • Retreat And Adapt (A Galaxy Unknown #9)
  • Azula Carver  (A Galaxy Unknown, #10)