Start by marking “Sterling for Christmas” as Want to Read:
Sterling for Christmas

Sterling for Christmas

Derek left his small town in Ontario, Canada five years ago to become a big New York City editor. He also left Sterling, a man he loved but couldn’t commit to. Derek decides its time to go home for Christmas, to reconnect with his sister and nephew, and his parents, who are getting older.

Sterling is still there, running the magazine they started together, in a house that t
Published December 15th 2010 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Sterling for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sterling for Christmas

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
3.5 to 4 stars. not sure the M/C was an idiot and pissed me off but I loved everyone else in the story so that says a lot. It was well written and very sweet in the end. I would have given it five stars easily if Sterling would have made the M/C work a little for forgiveness, leaving for five years and being a slut and then coming back to immediate forgiveness just felt like the M/C never redeemed himself IMO...

Still a good read and I would have liked to know more about Sterling during those fi
Serena Yates
Dec 15, 2010 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
Such a perfect, highly romantic Christmas story. To have a reunion happen five years after one left for 'the big city', with both men still pretty much hung up on each other was a treat to read.

Of course Derek, the idiot who left, takes his own sweet time not just realizing but admitting his mistake. And when he takes the first step, he is surprised that Sterling holds back. But when he finally gets it - boy, do the sparks fly!

Sterling, on the other hand, supported by Derek's entire family, is j
Karen K
Ah, this was just the perfect little Christmas story, such lovely, warm characters. I was angry at Derek in the beginning and had no sympathy for him in the least but them found myself ahhing by the time Christmas Eve came around. I think Sterling should have tortured Derek a little more - perhaps withholding that kiss that they both really wanted for even longer - but just like them, I couldn't deny that they were meant to be together.

Side note: Bravo for the conspiracy, it made me laugh out l
DaisyGirl
3.5 Stars

Derek left his small town in Ontario, Canada and his boyfriend (Sterling) of four years to become an editor for a New York City mag. Although Derek loved Sterling, he was unwilling to commit to him. That was five long years ago. Now, Derek is going home for Christmas for the first time since he left. He wants to reconnect with his sister, his nephew, and his parents who are getting on in age. Sterling is still there as well, running the magazine they started together and living in the h
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I started reading this with the assumption that I wouldn't much like the MC. Thinking that he's a slut and asshole and that Sterling deserves better than to be pining over Derek. But, man, was I wrong.

I didn't think the MC was a slut at all. I thought he did what he did (leaving Sterling) because he thought if him and Sterling became domestic then everything Derek loved would change and that's why he left. Plus, he didn't think he was good enough to be Sterling's man. At least, that was my impr
Sandra Moreno
Dec 26, 2010 Sandra Moreno rated it it was amazing
Lucy
Dec 16, 2010 Lucy rated it really liked it
Sterling and Derek were lovers, and Sterling at least was "in love". Derek was a jerk, IMHO, scoffing at Sterling's idea of buying a house, settling down and being together. So Derek leaves their small town and heads for New York, selling the magazine he founded to Sterling. Fast forward five years, during which Derek has not visited home, sends gift certificates as gifts, refuses to hear any news of Sterling and generally acts like a spoiled baby. He is finally coming home to visit, and the fir ...more
Alina
Jan 15, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
Great story!
I loved it so much, despite the fact, that I usually found typical 'prodigal son' stories frustrating, since there's always too much groveling and some too rightful relatives always present xD But here there's none of it - Derek was portrayed very sympatethic, Sterling's loving and loyal and the family's very sweet.
Bookbee
What a perfect little gift of a Christmas story! This had everything that I could want - 2 great MCs (even though I thought Derek was an ass at the beginning!) a warm and loving family, snow, a teeny-tiny conspiracy, hockey, and a Canadian setting, eh!
Dec 16, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
A lovely sweet Christmas story about second Chances. I loved the characters in this and really felt for Sterling from the very begining of the book.
Ami
Dec 16, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
Five years ago, Derek left his hometown Ontario to accept a job in New York City. Other than his family, Derek also left his lover, Sterling Young, behind. Sterling wanted to bring their relationship to the next level, bought a house, being in commitment, but Derek couldn't have that ... not when he was still going places. Now, Derek is finally coming home to reconnect with the rest of his family ... and facing his biggest 'challenge' yet. Seeing Sterling again.

This story is a light in tone and
Arthur
Apr 07, 2011 Arthur rated it it was amazing
It's a sweet, nice story. Christmas is only a background so that the two main characters can meet each other, but the real tension started five years ago when Derek left the town to take a job in NY, leaving behind his family and his lover, Sterling.

Teresa
2.5 Stars - Quick story about reconnecting with the one left behind. I didn't get a great feel of who the main characters were or why they were together. The sex scenes were a little perfunctory and clinical - especially using the word "anus". On the whole it was an easy, feel good holiday read.
Michelle
Dec 19, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
2.5stars
I loved Sterling and the secondary characters.. Derek peeved me though. Fair enough, he realised he did the wrong thing by leaving Sterling, and wanted him back.. In real life he'd have to grovel and work on it, with no guarantees.. He was a spoiled brat who got his way without trying.
Skye Blue
Dec 27, 2016 Skye Blue rated it it was amazing
Although I think Ethan got off way to easily, I loved it.
5 years!!!!
The family staying close with Sterling was sweet. I liked all their not so gentle pushes to get Ethan to realize he was being an idiot.
Loved Sterling.
Arzu
Jan 10, 2011 Arzu rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Melka
Melka rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2011
Berrin
Berrin rated it really liked it
May 27, 2012
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Angelmira
Angelmira rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2011
Michelle Lindqvist
Michelle Lindqvist rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Brandi Roberts
Brandi Roberts rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Ally
Ally rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Danny
Danny rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2011
Bronwyn Heeley
Bronwyn Heeley rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
justanya
justanya rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Blackkeys77
Blackkeys77 rated it really liked it
May 03, 2011
KimE
KimE rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
I write not only for my own pleasure, but for the pleasure of my readers. I can’t remember a time in my life when I haven’t written and told stories. When I’m not writing, I’m dreaming about writing, doing something wild and adventurous, or trying to make the world a better and more open minded place to live in. I adore beautiful men, and I know I’m not alone in this! Eroticism between consenting ...more
More about D.J. Manly...