Start by marking “At Fenway: Dispatches from Red Sox Nation” as Want to Read:
At Fenway: Dispatches from Red Sox Nation

At Fenway: Dispatches from Red Sox Nation

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  80 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Seeing baseball played at Fenway is an experience like no other for Red Sox fans and rivals alike because the park reminds us of what baseball used to be.Fenway may not offer fans the best seats or even adequate parking, but when game-goers walk through the park's gate, the smell of hotdogs and roasted peanuts, the sight of Fenway's brilliant green grass and the roar of th ...more
Published April 30th 1996 by Crown (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about At Fenway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Fenway

John
Aug 22, 2014 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
It's an OK review of the Red Sox history though I liked the book "Red Sox Nation" better. This seems to be too much from the perspective of 'beat reporters' and not first-hand player info and interviews (which Red Sox Nation had). I did like the last two chapters on the Jimmy Fund and "Save Fenway" though.
John Silva
Jason
Nov 28, 2010 Jason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comprehensive coverage of not only the Red Sox history but the stadium too. This is a rare subject, not every ball team deserves a book such as this one, the Sox do have a rich history and this story needed to be told. It does get a little dry in some areas (it took me 11 months to finish the book, I would read it off and on.). I thought Shaugnessy did a good job of informing the reader of the history and using his own personal accounts too. This book was written before the Sox went on to win th ...more
Greg Mourgenos
May 24, 2014 Greg Mourgenos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book for the true Red Sox fan; written before the pink hats and championships.
Andrew
Jan 09, 2008 Andrew rated it really liked it
Long time Boston Globe columnist writes of the unique history, the allure, and the passion of baseball played by the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park. Uncovers a few good tidbits of info along the way. Having attended games here since 1973, let me tell you, it's always an event.
Scott Dailey
fun read; a little dated; it ends with a Save Fenway chapter as everyone was pushing for a new ballpark, and of course they were still under the Curse of the Bambino.
Doc Kinne
Nov 08, 2013 Doc Kinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good, general Red Sox history book. Not a lot of facts and figures, but a lot of human stories. History must be made of both. Recommended.
Mike E
Sep 01, 2011 Mike E rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book and stories about one of my most favorite places on Earth! Reading it put me in a seat and picturing a crowded day at the park!
Juli
Dec 13, 2007 Juli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-and-read
I loved this snapshot of red sox history.
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Leila
Leila added it
Jan 18, 2016
Pat Moeschen
Pat Moeschen rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Giovanna Baldassarre
Giovanna Baldassarre marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Sarah Elizabeth Hall
Sarah Elizabeth Hall marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Jason Danahy
Jason Danahy rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Adam Corvo
Adam Corvo marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Coolerking
Coolerking rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Jeremy Roth
Jeremy Roth marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Kevin Hartigan
Kevin Hartigan rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Marc Robinson
Marc Robinson rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Kevin Coombs
Kevin Coombs rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Rob
Rob rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Julie Gulliford
Julie Gulliford marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
BudGreen
BudGreen rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dan Shaughnessy is an award-winning columnist for the Boston Globe and the author of several sports books, including The Curse of the Bambino, a best-selling classic. Seven times Shaughnessy has been voted one of America’s top ten sports columnists by Associated Press Sports Editors and named Massachusetts Sportswriter of the Year. He has appeared on Good Morning America, The Today Show, The Early ...more
More about Dan Shaughnessy...