The Sweetest Taboo

The Sweetest Taboo (Men to Do! #1)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Erin Thatcher figures there's no reason she can't have a hot fling with the wrong kind of guy while she waits for Mr. Right to come along. So when she spies a magazine article about Men To Do before saying "I do," her imagination goes wild! Her sexy but reclusive neighbor is part of her fantasies every night, and now it's time to see what Sebastian is like for real....

Seba...more
Published December 1st 2002 by Harlequin Blaze (first published 2002)

Tammy
Sex without consequences? No guilt or worries? No emotions? This is what Erin Thatcher wanted. Too bad someone didn't tell her to be careful she wished for.

Her neighbor, Sebastian Gallo, is a dark, deep character who hides his painful past by penning sinister stories of a fictional hero named Ryder Falco. He is not an emotional man and he does not love easily. There is something very haunting about his character and I would love to read more about him. Unfortunately, the HEA was just too rushed...more
L8blmr
Mar 14, 2008 L8blmr rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to L8blmr by: Colleen, on the Amazon forum thread about love in an elevator!
This book wound up being a lot deeper than I expected it to be. In fact, I found it to be similar in style to an Anne Stuart work. The story of the main characters was just a bit dark, though there was a subplot that was a bit lighter involving another couple. I did really enjoy this and may investigate other books by this author. My only complaint is that the HEA ending was too brief for my own personal tastes.
TheFountainPenDiva
Having long since given up on the formulaic Harlequin lines in favour of more cutting egde romance, I was brought back through a friend who urged me to give this new line a try. This first foray was more than satisfactory, the writing superb and the story was engrossing. Even her descriptions of Sebastian's GTO were excellent, making it into an almost living entity rather than a machine.
The sex, while definitely off the Richter scale for Harlequin, was still pretty vanilla. I will say, there are...more
Netanella
I love Kent's writing style - it's dense, emotional, descriptive without being cloying - and fits perfectly in this short but hot book about a reclusive author who has an affair with his downstairs neighbor. The introductory chapters were the best - the near encounters, the tension between the two characters as they pass each other along their way in life. I was disappointed in the portrayl of Erin, the female lead - I had a hard time relating to her, and frankly found her thought processes to b...more
Layla
Jen
I remember one of the first responses I got to some writing I did early on -- it was a pretty caustic email that basically ended up being a whole lot of frustration on the reader's part about the potential in what I'd written, but the utter lack of carrying it through. That's essentially what I felt here.

I suppose this is erotica -- possibly the first book truly in that genre that I've read despite my months-long romance kick. And, as such, the sex should have been good. Right? But instead it f...more
Kimberly
I read this book as part of the Blogger Bundle IX from the readers at Dear Author. This book was included in the bundle because of the steamy shower sex and yes, the shower sex was, well, steamy and well written. The rest of the book? Not so much. All the words meant what the author thought they meant which is always a struggle for Harlequins so it wasn't a complete wash. No pun intended. Okay I intended the pun. Although I'm finding most of the Blaze books I read are better edited and written t...more
Cheryl
This book was hot, sexy and truly amazing. I loved the indepth decription of the characters. You could invison how each character looked and how they come to life from the writings. I actually truly adored everyone in the book. I did not think there were a lot of over the top situations although there was a section where I felt there was some over reacting but that is highly subjective. The reason I did not give this 5 stars was because I really felt the end truly lacked closure. I did not get...more
Saskia Walker
If you like your heroes tall, dark, handsome and mysterious, this is the book for you. The author has created a compelling mystery man here, and he's sexy as hell to top it off. The heroine can't resist taking a chance and gets to know her enigmatic neighbour. The result is a very steamy romance and you also get two romances for the price of one, with an entirely different type of a couple in the sub plot. Alison Kent writes hot romance for readers who want more confident, sexually-charged chara...more
NixLapi
Spoiler alert... I read a lot of books in the Blaze line and this was one of the hotest I've read. While the love seemingly sprung from nothing, and the ending had me confused (how does a women in love live so passively in the same building as the man she loves - for six months?! And then randomly one day all the issues are gone?), I loved Sebastian... and his shower. Wow!
I agree with the general opinion of this book in that the shower scene is FANTASTIC, but I also think the HEA and emotional connection between the hero and heroine was not done very well. I got that they liked to have sex together but when she though she loved him I thought why? 'Cause he's got a great shower is not enough.

He did have a great shower though.
Sara Winters
I loved this book so much. I fell in love with Sebastian almost from his first appearance and the way the rest of the story unfolded has made this one a stand-out favorite for years. Hands down, the best book I've ever read from Alison Kent.
Terri Pray
Read this one a few years ago now. Cute idea, decent premise for a series within the line.
Natasha  A.
The ending felt very abrupt, and I kinda had trouble making the connection to their HEA.
Joy
Prompted by the reviews I'm so sure I've read this.

Update: I have.
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Mariska
Mariska marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Thu Heart
Thu Heart marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Puna
Puna added it
Apr 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
I often read of or hear about authors who knew they were meant to tell stories from the time they left the crib. Me? I didn't decide what I wanted to be when I grew up until I was thirty years old - and then sold my first book at thirty-four. Still, it was obvious that I always knew I was going places.

Like so many other authors, I was a voracious reader from day one, devouring everything from Nanc...more
More about Alison Kent...
The Second Chance Cafe (Hope Springs, #1) The Bane Affair (Smithson Group SG-5, #1) Undeniable (The Dalton Gang, #1) The Shaughnessey Accord (Smithson Group SG-5, #2) The Samms Agenda (Smithson Group SG-5, #3)