Start by marking “Taking Back the Good Book: How America Forgot the Bible and Why It Matters to You” as Want to Read:

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews

America faces a great crisis: the Book that has played an integral role in developing and forming our great nation is now the same Book that few read and even fewer understand.

Taking Back the Good Book explores how America has developed an apathetic—sometimes hostile—attitude toward biblical principles. To counter this troubling attitude, Kroll offers practical suggestion

Published March 16th 2007 by Crossway

To ask other readers questions about Taking Back the Good Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Back the Good Book

Debi
Read. This. Book! Perhaps it is because this topic is one of my passions that this book resonated so much with me. The lack of Bible literacy or knowledge in America has been declining for years. If we don't address this issue we are going to lose the next generations. Even those raised in Christian homes display a shocking lack of knowledge of what is in the Bible.
We need to get back to reading our Bibles. That's not all we need to do, but that is a start. The average reader can read through th
Brandon Perry
One of the most eye opening books I've read this year. I think as Christian Americans the details in this book are important for us to know and understand. Teaches the true value of not just reading the bible but also understanding the bible.
Chuck
The author, Woodrow Kroll, is the president of Back to the Bible, and its subsidiary The Bible Literacy Center (BLC). The BLC is a research and development organization that does polling and other research into the the habits of secular and Christian readers to determine the status of Biblical Literacy in the country. I say all that to preface the idea that I had no clue!

I was amazed at the statistics of the reading habits, the knowledge of individual Christians, and the fact that most churches
Tyrell Mentzer
This book nailed it and provided toss of factual data about where we were as a nation, the current state we're in, how we got there and what to do to fix it.

The statistics bog down the flow of reading at times, however, they all point to the dire need American Christians have to pick up God's living Word one again and adhere to its teachings.

Personally, it helped me change my approach on the Bible. I used to read the Bible soley to learn, like a text book. Now, my Bible reading is much more fr
Matt Moser
Inspired me to read the Bible in 1 year. Thank you Mr. Kroll!
William Ritter
William Ritter marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Chris Murphy
Chris Murphy marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Emily Sawyer
Emily Sawyer marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Cory Harris
Cory Harris marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Maegan
Maegan added it
Mar 06, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Margaret Dyck
Margaret Dyck marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Ken Pierpont
Ken Pierpont is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2014
Jason
Jason added it
Dec 26, 2013
Brian Sommers
Brian Sommers marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Darrin R
Darrin R marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Ryan
Ryan added it
Feb 11, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Facing Your Final Job Review: The Judgment Seat of Christ, Salvation, and Eternal Rewards The Book of Romans: Righteousness in Christ Back to the Bible: Turning Your Life Around with God's Word 7 Secrets to Spiritual Success Read Your Bible One Book at a Time: A Refreshing Way to Read God's Word with New Insight and Meaning