Start by marking “Contribution To Mankind and other stories of the Dark” as Want to Read:
Contribution To Mankind and other stories of the Dark

Contribution To Mankind and other stories of the Dark

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
CONTRIBUTION TO MANKIND and other stories of the DARK
a collection dripped from a disturbed pen (20,000 words):

* Our Tyke: selling a shop isn’t easy, especially when it's haunted
* The Lake: join a sight-seeing detour not in the brochure
* Doppelganger: participating in a cabaret frees more than inhibitions
* Harvester World TZ29-4: caught in the trap of an off-planet deployme
Published (first published November 30th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Contribution To Mankind and other stories of the Dark

Stuart Aken
Here we have a collection of short stories by an author who knows her craft. The tales are all dark but, as with all good tales of the sort, carry patches of light. Linda Acaster has an uncanny knack of undermining assumptions so that the reader finds her stories end rather differently from what might have been expected. Nevertheless, the endings are all apt; there is nothing either false or contrived about them, it's merely that they lead to places not ordinarily considered.

The author employs
Toni
Long ago, I had an anthology of stories—Tales of Terror and the Supernatural—
put out by Arkham House. It featured both well-known and little-read stories by such writers as Saki, Edgar A. Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, and Ambrose Bierce, as well as lesser known but just as entertaining authors. The tales were entertaining, chilling, and some of them—especially those in the “Terror” section—downright frightening, especially to a ten-year-old. More recently, I was asked to review Tony Richards’ anthology,
Jenny Twist
Linda Adcaster is the best new writer I have come across for a very long time. She writes beautiful prose and I particularly love her ghost stories.
The only reason I don’t give this the full five stars is that I found the organization rather odd. There several wonderful ghost stories, a science fiction story and then a break in the middle, followed by the first five chapters of a novel. I think I would have preferred a shorter book that stuck to being an anthology of short stories.
But, that sai
Bella Michel
Bella Michel marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Dawn cline
Dawn cline marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2012
1302023
Welcome to my Goodreads author page! My published work includes four novels, and 70+ short stories in genres as diverse as women’s, horror, crime, literary, fantasy and SF, and even a Western.

Soon to launch: 'The Paintings' a short and creepy novella in the Horror/Suspense genre.

I'm currently working on the third in the paranormal 'Torc of Moonlight' trilogy, 'Pilgrims of the Pool' following the
More about Linda Acaster...
Beneath The Shining Mountains Torc of Moonlight: Book One Hostage Of The Heart Reading a Writer's Mind: Exploring Short Fiction - First Thought to Finished Story The Bull At The Gate (Torc of Moonlight 2)