Start by marking “Fred and Ted's Road Trip” as Want to Read:
Fred and Ted's Road Trip

Fred and Ted's Road Trip (Fred and Ted)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Fred and Ted—beloved canine stars of P.D. Eastman's Big Dog . . . Little Dog and son Peter Eastman's Fred and Ted Go Camping and Fred and Ted Like to Fly—are on the move once again in Fred and Ted's Road Trip, the 100th Beginner Book published since Dr. Seuss launched the series in 1957 with The Cat in the Hat.

In their latest adventure, Fred and Ted pack a picnic basket, j
Published May 24th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Fred and Ted's Road Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fred and Ted's Road Trip

Liane Marie

Category: Hardcover

Age: 1-6+ years

Synopsis: Fred and Ted are a doggy duo created by P.D. Eastman, author of “Go, Dog, Go!” and “Are You My Mother?” Similar to Bert of Bert and Ernie (בנץ ואריק), Fred always haplessly gets the short end of the stick during their doggy adventures. In this particular book authored by P.D. Eastman’s son, Peter Eastman, our canine heroes embark on a road trip that nearly results in disaster when Fred’s car gets a flat tire.

Bilingual benefit: As the Fred and Ted books
Leslie Hayden
fred and ted's road trip was a great starters book for kids. i was surprised being a dr. seuss book there was none of the normal rhymes. it was appropriate length but did seem as though the story line was all over. good book though.
5 stars, as declared by both a 4 year old and a nearly 8 year old, who also crowned Ted as the smarter of the two dogs. Great to read out loud with your little ones.
This book is a great follow-up to P. D. Eastman's original Fred and Ted story. While the plot isn't quite as focused, the illustrations are just as fun.
Brendan Howard
She didn't want to read a book to me by herself since school let out, but she did a great job with this one.
An okay read, however the ending was so abrupt and awkward , that even my 4 year old son noticed.
Not great literature but a good easy reader that my kids like.
I enjoyed this duo in "Big Dog, Little Dog" but in this story not so much. It's like "let's do the opposite of each other". That can get really annoying really fast. The book is just okay; a little disappointed . He is the same author that wrote the great book "Best Nest" so I was expecting a little more. It may be fun for little ones under the age of 3. I wouldn't read it to a child older than that.
Fred and Ted!! I loved growing up with them, and it's nice that the son has carried on his father's work and characters. I still think these are great early reader books. I always enjoyed their opposite natures and actions. And I adored their little cars! This is a fun trip for the kids to join along.
Kristin Hamley
A little dull to read if your kids want to read it a lot. But they do like these Fred and Ted books, so it's hard for me not to like them, too.
Yeah--a great beginning reader! My daughter is really loving Fred and Ted books!
Another one of C's favorites. We read a LOT of P. D. Eastman.
Kathy E.
William loved reading this to me and we loved the story!
Anna marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Ruth Thomas
Ruth Thomas marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
C.Mustoe marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Courtney Hoekstra
Courtney Hoekstra marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Eris added it
Sep 14, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Fred and Ted (4 books)
  • Big Dog...Little Dog: A Bedtime Story
  • Fred and Ted Go Camping
  • Fred and Ted like to fly (Beginner Books(R))