Start by marking “Station Rage (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #13)” as Want to Read:
Station Rage (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #13)

Station Rage (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #13)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  12 reviews
What begins as a sticky political problem soon evolves into full-scale chaos for Commander Sisko when a tomb of Cardassian soldiers is discovered on Deep Space Nine.
Mass Market Paperback, 277 pages
Published September 22nd 2000 by Pocket Books (first published November 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Station Rage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Station Rage

Shane Amazon
Station rage proves to be a highly charged action packed book that balances character development perfectly with suspense and drama. Although Diane Carey did a good job with recreating the characters she didn't quite catch the verbiage of those we know and love. I recently read Micheal Jan Friedman's Saratoga - and that book captured the characters personalities and verbal quips perfectly. Even though Diane Carey missed the characters a tad, she did a good job conveying who they are as people.

Si
Greyflank
I read this sometime in the last twenty years, but I was halfway thru before I remembered. Oh, the concept seemed familiar from page one but I kept thinking that I had started reading it and then had put it down.

Then I got to the part where Odo was attacked in the lift... and, honestly I recalled all of Odo's suffering and nothing about the rest of the book.

That was, of course, because that subplot was the best part of the book and the High Gul just got downright boring by then.
Stephen
Deep inside the station is a tomb of Cardassian soldiers, ghosts from Cardassia's early empire who are just waiting to be awakened so that they might wage war against her foes. This is the effectively creepy setup for Station Rage, in which Garak loses his mind and Kira Nerys stops being The Major and is reduced to an anxious girl in uniform, smitten by the sheer awesomeness of The Sisko into watching him do battle like an action hero. Carey's writing is stilted here, and the handling of charact ...more
K
Carey is one of my favorite Star Trek authors and does an great job with this DS9 book! Excellent job capturing the likeness of most all characters. 4/5
Denise
A fascinating premise and a skilled author with a solid grip on the characters combine to make this one of the better DS9 novels so far.
Dianah
Holy Cardassian Mummies! Well, not actually, but close enough to be entertaining. While some of the details don't match up with what we know about Cardassia, Station Rage does a pretty good job creating an action packed story.

I'm not 100% on the characterizations of Sisko and Kira, but the rest are pretty good. Garak isn't quite right either, but there's a nice scene with him and Bashir that made me happy although I'm not sold on the idea of Bashir not being suspicious of Garak.

Overall, this is
Daniel Kukwa
A novel that manages to brilliantly capture the intensity of DS9 at its best...and the character of Sisko in particular. This is an intensity of plot and emotion you rarely find in the early DS9 novels, apart from "Fallen Heroes". This one is easily a milestone in the book series, and one of Diane Carey's best "Star Trek" contributions.
Dark-Draco
I thought this was great - the best ST novel I have read in a long, long time. The characterisation was spot on and the story was one you could imagine happening on the series. It was full of action, surprises and a spookiness that I really liked. A very clever tale!!
Justin Rees
Excellence in every sense of the word! Diane Carey is a master of character intensity and the darker side of DS9. This was as thrilling as any episode of the show and was a truly enjoyable read. Must read to any DS9 fan
Angela
A good story. A cardassian tomb is hidden on DS9, things start to go wrong when its inhabitants wake up. A very good story with lots of unexpected plot twists.
John
I really liked this book. GREAT!
William Johnson
I just can't do these books anymore.
Emmelpee
Emmelpee marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Sian Jackson
Sian Jackson marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Em
Em marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Tokeli
Tokeli marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Leiah
Leiah marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Valorie Maes
Valorie Maes marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Victoria Mitchell
Victoria Mitchell marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Gaia
Gaia marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
  • Devil in the Sky (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #11)
  • The Long Night (Star Trek Deep Space Nine, No 14)
  • Proud Helios
  • Warchild
  • The Big Game
  • Fallen Heroes
  • Wrath of the Prophets (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #20)
  • The Heart of the Warrior (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #17)
  • Objective: Bajor (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #15)
  • Warped (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Saratoga
  • Antimatter
  • The Tempest (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #19)
  • Valhalla
  • Betrayal
  • Trial by Error (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #21)
  • The Laertian Gamble
  • Time's Enemy (Star Trek Deep Space Nine, #16)
Diane Carey also wrote the Distress Call 911 young adult series under the name D.L. Carey.

Diane Carey is primarily a science fiction author best known for her work in the Star Trek franchise. She has been the lead-off writer for two Star Trek spin-off book series: Star Trek The Next Generation with Star Trek: Ghost Ship, and the novelization of the Star Trek: Enterprise pilot, Broken Bow.

For more
More about Diane Carey...
Ghost Ship (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #1) Best Destiny (Star Trek) Dreadnought! (Star Trek: Fortunes Of War, #1) First Strike (Star Trek, #79; Invasion!, #1) Final Frontier