Start by marking “SUBlime: Collected Shorts (Master Class, #2)” as Want to Read:
SUBlime: Collected Shorts (Master Class, #2)
read ebook

SUBlime: Collected Shorts (Master Class #2)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Broadway darling Nicky Avery gives commanding performances on stage, but when he comes home at night, it's Devon Turner who commands him. Devon—that's "Sir" to Nicky, of course—owns Nicky heart and soul, and neither of them could possibly be happier with that.

This collection of vignettes explores the gifts of submission and domination—Nicky and Devon's ultimate expression
ebook, 2nd edition (Revised), 47 pages
Published November 14th 2011 by Riptide Publishing (first published December 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about SUBlime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SUBlime

Incursion by Aleksandr VoinovDark Soul Vol. 1 by Aleksandr VoinovDark Soul Vol. 2 by Aleksandr VoinovDark Soul Vol. 3 by Aleksandr VoinovDark Soul Vol. 4 by Aleksandr Voinov
Riptide Publishing Releases
14th out of 51 books — 4 voters
Turning 16 by Perie WolfordPromises by Marie SextonChange of Heart by Mary CalmesKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneHot Head by Damon Suede
Gay Fiction by Goodreads Authors
412th out of 469 books — 239 voters

More lists with this book...

Bark's Book Nonsense
A freebie! You know I couldn't resist ;)

This is a series of short stories featuring a Dom named Sir (Devon) and his pet Nicky. I don't know the history of these two but am intrigued enough to look around and see if the author has written a book about how they met and how their relationship evolved.

These stories are super short, some of them are on the sweet side while some have very dark edges. They get up to all sorts of naughtiness. I'll start with my least favorite. "All Wrapped Up" just did
Wendy Ann
This is an awesome collection of short stories primarily featuring Sir and Nicky exploring various scenes/kinks in their D/s relationship. As long as you enjoy BDSM, there's truly a little something here for everyone - and it was a free download so what could possibly be better? Well, how about a major teaser in the form of the first chapter of Rachel's novel Counterpoint!! And as a teaser, it totally worked because I was completely sucked into the spectacular fantasy world of this book and can' ...more
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
I really loved this collection of short stories for a number of reasons. First of all, Nicky and Sir (Devon) are engaging characters. My sympathies always go with the sub and Nicky has such a beautiful voice that I was immediately captivated. He's quite a handful and he has Devon wrapped around his finger, but he's really giving and incredibly devoted to Devon.

The short stories are slices of life and we get to know something about them, but they still remain a mystery and this collection only we
Serena Yates
This was such a great follow-up to Master Class! It isn't a sequel in the traditional sense, because it consists of a series of vignettes that show snapshots of Nicky and Devon's life now that they are together. But, while there wasn't a story, the glimpses I saw were totally fascinating and, added together, helped me find out more about the couple. That was exactly what I had wanted after finishing the first book.

The 10 short pieces were a good mix between various types of kink, as well as leve
Emma Sea
While I was happy to read some more about Nicky and Devon from Power Play: Awakening, had I approached this as a stand-alone story I would have been quite dissatisfied.

For me, personally, it's all about the relationship. I need to see inside people's heads, over a period of time, and if there's conflict inside those heads then all the better.

These were snapshots of what is clearly a relationship, but left me only annoyed, frustrated, and wanting more (much like Nicky). Most of the stories finish
CAS
I'm going to borrow a classic quote to summarize my take on this collection. "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get."
This is a delightfully delicious assortment of interludes between Sir and Nicky, a dom and sub who mix it up with the perfect combination of sugar and spice and put their very own kinky twist on naughty and nice. I literally devoured this collection and it left me with a craving for more. Proof positive that variety IS the spice of life. And t
Evaine
Continuing the tales of Nicky and Devon as they explore many, many aspects of a D/s relationship. In these assorted short stories, there's something for everyone. I think my favourite was "Milk Run". Devon is a lovely, devious, mischievous Dom, especially when his Nicky steps out of line. :) There's a sweetness to Devon and Nicky that I just love and they are just perfect for each other. Loved it!
Michael Joseph
This small collection of very short stories is like a BDSM 'sampler' for those curious about the range of dominant/submissive play. All the stories revolve around the submissive Nicky and his dom Devon, or 'Sir' as he's almost always referred to. Each story focuses on a different type of interaction, such as asphyxiation or knife-play. Some of them can be a bit difficult to read.

The stories are stand-alone, and don't provide much background on the two men or how they got together. In some cases,
Alex
Note: This review does not include the last part of the collection, which is the first chapter of the novel Counterpoint.
Overall
This collection is more like an album of snapshots than a series of stories. Each interaction between Sir and Nicky takes place in the span of a couple hours. The writing goes in depth detailing what is happening in each act of submission, but the characters never blossom into fully developed beings. While we are shown brief glimpses into their lives outside of the bedr
Jordan Lombard
This was a good collection of shorts. But don't expect there to be much plot. And these shorts are SHORT. There were a few that I felt got cut too short. In Milk Run, for example, I wanted to go to the store with Nicky and see him interact with people, knowing what hardware he had in him. I wanted to know what happened to him when he got back home with the milk. Otherwise, I thought they were well written with lots of nice descriptions of what was going on.

If you're not looking for a lot of plo
Amara
Apr 30, 2011 Amara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes M/M BDSM
This was a very good collection of BDSM shorts. Each was well written, emotionally intense with great characters. I was expecting a more traditional “short story” format, which, this was not, however the way the collection is put together really worked for me. Instead, of short stories, I’d say it’s more “glimpses” into the D/s life of Sir and Nicky rather than “story”, bits and pieces of the characters and their kinks that cover the entire spectrum from mild to dark and infused with everything ...more
Mandy Anne
Really my only problem with this collection is that it felt so short. I devoured the stories in short order and when I got to the end, I was so saddened by the fact that there were not any more. This is a really great collection, but I wish (hope) that one day we might have more from Nicky and Devon. The upside was that after finishing Sublime, I went and read Counterpoint for a second time.
Virginia
This short is for the bdsm fan. Series of vignettes about an established couple in a master-slave relationship. Very hot from the light forms of bdsm to the more extreme side. The couple's caring and love for each other came through despite the short scenes. I really enjoyed. The scenes focus on their sexual encounters. I look forward to the upcoming prequel which will apparently give the backstory on how they met and fell in love. Want to read more about this couple.
Brenda Cothern
A quick read for those who like shorts or only have time for a taste of Rachel's Nicky & Devon. Being the greedy reader I am... the shorts were good but too damned short for me! I hope Rachel will write another - longer - story for Nicky & his Sir.
Mandi
At only 50+ pages, this was a great collection of short stories featuring Nicky and his Sir. From one end of the kink spectrum to the other, each story was engaging and showed the love and trust between them. Well worth the price of admission. :)
Adara
Great short inside looks at various aspects of BDSM. I don't truly understand Nicky's need for pain, but it's greater insight, nonetheless.
Lily
I enjoyed reading this kinky collection of stories about a Dom and his boy. Short little vignettes that range from sweet to super kinky.
G.B. Gordon
Best. BDSM couple. Ever.
Kaetrin
C/C- This is a short (45 pages) collection of even shorter "scenes". Many of the scenes felt incomplete in that they sometimes stop in the middle of the action. There were, for me, hints of character growth, but only hints. While the stories themselves were interesting and well written, they didn't satisfy my craving to get to know these two men better. The grades for these 2 stories reflect that I'm a romance reader first and foremost and the emotional depth was a bit lacking for me here. I'd h ...more
Elizabeth Nesbit-comer
I won this book through the first reads contest and just received it in the mail today.

The writing was good, but it was really short. There are ten short stories in only 42 pages, so they seem more like scenes from a life rather than an actual story. The characters are never described and little to no information about them outside of the sex scenes is ever revealed. The first part to her next story is almost as long as the whole book. I definately could have used some more backround and even
Fangtasia
Wonderful follow-up to Master Class. I was happy to be a fly on the wall and spend some quality time with Nicky and Devon.
MK (Food actvist)
Originally reviewed for TRR (theromancereviews.com)

As the title says this is a collection of short stories. The theme is MM dominance and submission. If you have read Master Class then you will be familiar with The sexy sub Nicky and his Dom Devon. This collection takes a peek at some scenes and sessions ranging from muffication to bondage. If you want to get a glimpse at various BDSM practices but don't want to read a drawn out book, or just want a sample. This would be great for you. There's
Xj
Wish some of these had been a bit longer, but a nice enough add on to Master Class.
Joleen
Oct 10, 2014 Joleen marked it as maybe
Shelves: bdsm, mm-shorts, series
$.99 through Oct. 16 at Riptide, 10-10-14
Barbara Westbrook
This collection of short stories needs to be read after Master Class. I read them first out of order and didn't understand how Devon could be so cruel to Nicky. After reading Master Class I understood he was giving him what he wanted and needed. Very well written.
Matthew
Not badly written, but essentially just a series of BDSM scenes with no plot, no character development, and no point, generally 2-3 pages in length.

It ends with a sample chapter from the author's book. Perhaps it is meant as a promotion for that?
Kristie
Hmmm, I liked these stories. I guess I just wish there was more to them. After the first Master Class, I was hoping for development on the relationship. This went past that to the happy comfortable places they are both in. I want more.
Ayanna
I have something against the whole pony kink. I just do. It...bothers me. Rather annoys me. Now, I'm sure that might have some kind of deep psychological implication *rolls eyes* but it is what it is.
  • Collared
  • Surprises (Romeo Club #1)
  • Catalyst
  • O Come All Ye Kinky
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Deliberately Unbound (Bound, #2.5)
  • Call Me Sir, Boy!
  • Few Are Chosen
  • An Inch at a Time (The Professor's Rule #2)
  • Discipline (Deviations, #3)
  • A Russian Bear (Russian Bear, #1)
  • Bound and Determined
  • Where You Hurt the Most
  • Floggers' Holiday Sale
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • Priceless (Irresistible Attraction, #1)
  • Mr. Benson: A Novel
M/M erotic romance author, freelance writer and editor, sadist with a pesky conscience, shamelessly silly, proudly pervish. I'm a twitter addict (@rachelhaimowitz), and I blog every M/W/F at Fantasy Unbound. To learn all about my current and upcoming projects, please stop by my website. I love to hear from folks, so feel free to drop me a line anytime at metarachel (at) gmail (dot) com.
More about Rachel Haimowitz...
Counterpoint (Song of the Fallen, #1) Power Play: Resistance (Power Play, #1) Power Play: Awakening (Power Play, #2) Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2) The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture