Start by marking “Love Is a Flame: Stories of What Happens When Love Is Rekindled” as Want to Read:
Love Is a Flame: Stories of What Happens When Love Is Rekindled

Love Is a Flame: Stories of What Happens When Love Is Rekindled

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Couples will find entertainment, instruction, and application in these stories of couples who have restored vibrancy to their marriages; foreword by Gary Chapman.
Published July 1st 2010 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Love Is a Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Is a Flame

Victor Muthoka
Rekindled Love Is The Most Tender

This book. How can I put my thoughts on it into words?

I went into this book enthusiastic & it didn't disappoint though along the way it felt corny at times with some of the stories that are included and their rather "tiny" scope. But everyone has a story to tell.

Basically this is a collection of different stories by different couples in different contexts on situations/times/seasons that tested and almost ended their marriage. Each story is brief and is told
Cassandra
From the advertising blurb: If you want to improve or revive your marriage, you need more than just theories of marriage from experts. You need shared experiences, to hear other couples say I've been there and to see the unique, creative, and practical solutions they have found to restore the vibrancy of their marriages.

Love Is a Flame is full of short stories of couples who turned their marriages around with God's help. Some of the stories made me laugh and others made me cry. It was a quick re
Yiya
We are used to thinking of a "happily ever after" deal when considering marriage; seldom do we realize that marriage vows also include words like "poor" or "sickness." Death, triumphs, financial difficulties, sacrifice, illnesses, addictions and affairs are just some of the circumstances that several couples have faced. This is a compilation of their stories and about love that endures despite anything; they share how their life had to change radically, and how a new purpose for marriage was fou ...more
Melanie
interesting marriage encounters

What interested me is the different marriage dilemmas. Reading this book brought about a few encounters that we all face in marriage. If you chose to read this book you will probably see yourself in a few of the situations entailed. In this book.
Marshan Alma
I enjoyed this book a lot. I enjoyed reading other couple's stories, their struggles, and their successes. It made me feel normal. They experienced some of the same struggles I do. Marriage is hard work, and you need Christ at the center of it. I would recommend this book to all married couples.
Lauren Hansen
Several stories smacked me over the head with conviction about my own marriage, but the pithiness of each one was enough to keep me from rating this book higher.
Zelma Kromrey
Cute book of short stories about married couples and how they overcame the rigors of marriage, Children, and jobs etc.
Clara
This is a great book for any married couple. This book provides first hand account about the struggles and joys of marriage. Its shows that even though no marriage is perfect, any marriage can be saved with enough time, love, and guidance from God. Filled with great advice and Scripture to fall back on, this book is a must for anyone who wants to rekindle their love.
Krystal
Gary Chapman's name is in big font at top of cover and blurb said something like... if you loved the five love languages by gary chapman then you'll love this. By no means was this a bad book. It just greatly disappointed me. Great little love stories, but some were a little too far-fetched for me and I struggled to complete this book. Not as wonderful as The five love languages for sure!
Dona
This is a really great book filled with about 43 different love stories. Stories where people have had to rekindle their love. The stories are very enduring. They will make you laugh, cry, and smile. Also, at the end of every story is a short little insight given by the author.
Brooke
Enjoyed this collection of short essays. Marriage is work, and its refreshing to read about the reality of it. Each story has the ability to inspire one to more thoughtful living and small ways each of us can be a better spouse.
Larysa
this book was very easy to read with real life stories that are by people from different walks of life--it covers so many topic makes you smile and cry and feel all kinds of emotions. Def a good read not your typical self help book.
Shell
Short stories of marriages that were having problems and how they turned them around. I did like this, but it got repetitive after a while. Would have been better to read a little here and there, instead of trying to read it all at once.
Amy Winkelman
I enjoyed reading all the stories from the couples who shared how the Lord has kept them together through all of life's hardships. Makes me very thankful for my marriage and gave me some ideas to keep our love growing.
~*Ro*~
Mar 02, 2012 ~*Ro*~ rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ~*Ro*~ by: dakanna@scrtc.com
Shelves: 2012, nook
Interesting stories, commentary lacking.
Latashia
Latashia marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Clare Khan
Clare Khan is currently reading it
May 20, 2015
Katherine Hayward
Katherine Hayward marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Chad Rexin
Chad Rexin marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Helen Long
Helen Long marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Brandi  Hansen
Brandi Hansen marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Carol Reimann
Carol Reimann marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Kent
Kent marked it as to-read
Nina
Nina is currently reading it
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Christian Book Gi...: Love is a Flame by James Bell Stuart 1 8 Aug 27, 2014 11:59AM
  • Creating an Intimate Marriage: Rekindle Romance Through Affection, Warmth and Encouragement
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: Solomon's Crazy in Love How-To Manual
  • Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half: Why Differences Make a Marriage Great
  • Hopeful Parenting: Encouragement for Raising Kids Who Love God
  • Marriage Matters: Extraordinary Change Through Ordinary Moments
  • Love Is a Verb: Stories of What Happens When Love Comes Alive
  • Christians Are Hate-Filled Hypocrites... and Other Lies You've Been Told
  • Crucify!: Why the Crowd Killed Jesus
  • Bumps Are What You Climb On, The: Encouragement for Difficult Days
  • Live Like You Mean It: The 10 Crucial Questions That Will Help You Clarify Your Purpose / Live Intentionally / Make the Most of the Rest of Your Life
  • Have a New Husband by Friday
  • Fun Loving You: Enjoying Your Marriage in the Midst of the Grind
  • The Good Life: Seeking Purpose, Meaning, and Truth in Your Life
  • 40 Unforgettable Dates with Your Mate: Creative Ways to Meet the Love Needs of Husbands and Wives
  • Songs in the Key of Solomon: In the Word and In the Mood
  • Love, Sex, and Lasting Relationships
  • A Life of Obedience
  • Chasing God: One Man's Miraculous Journey in the Heart of the City

James Stuart Bell, Jr., was director of religious publishing at Doubleday, executive director of Bridge Publishing, and executive editor at Moody Publishing. He has written or consulted for more than a dozen other Christian publishers. At present he is the owner of Whitestone Communications, Inc., a literary development agency. His roles include writer, editor, compiler, packager, publishing cons
More about James Stuart Bell Jr....
From the Library of C. S. Lewis: Selections from Writers Who Influenced His Spiritual Journey (Writers' Palette Book) The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Bible Angels, Miracles, and Heavenly Encounters: Real-Life Stories of Supernatural Events A Cup of Comfort Women of the Bible Devotional: Daily Reflections Inspired by Scripture's Most Beloved Heroines The Spiritual World of the Hobbit