Start by marking “Full Circle” as Want to Read:
Full Circle

Full Circle

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  263 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Sometimes to find what matters, you have to back up and start again.

He's a hotshot financial analyst who has lost it all. She's a brokenhearted world traveler forced to come home and beg for money. His job hangs by a thread. Her dreams of making a difference in Africa are circling the drain.

It's a spectacularly bad time for romance, even on the charming stone streets of an
Published April 1st 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Full Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Circle

Patricia
this was a very fast read, though it took a while to get to the action. and there were a few too many story lines that neatly tied into one another and had me a bit skeptical a few times. also, i felt like there was a major agenda throughout this book with the Oxfam plugs. far too much description of the setting as well. overall, a quick read with neat characters and a seemingly ulterior agenda.
Michelle Welch
Two broken people come together to help solve a family problem. Their story of finding love moves in a curiously strange direction leaving you feeling a bit off balance. There are so many things going on this story, some of which are quite unbelievable. I did like the history that is woven into the story, the description of all the architecture, and the beauty of the landscape. I was left with several unanswered questions and no sense of a follow up book.
Beverly Steinhardt
excellent story. As he so often does Mr. Bunn has woven together a love story, a story from the world of cutthroat business adventure and spiritual insight. my favorite phrase was a prayer " help me to hope again. "
Kelly
Nov 20, 2008 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are actually quite a number of book titled Full Circle. I happened across this book in the library without forethought or knowledge of the author. Sometimes these can be my favorite books, like One Big Dame Puzzler, or anything published by Harper Perennial. There is a guy, who is a handsome shadow of himself and now has a sick mother, a giving young woman who has just been taken for everything she had and her father who is slowly, calmly losing his finance company. This was an original bo ...more
Libby Sellers
Hmmm. Not my favorite Davis Bunn book 8( I wanted to love it as I have enjoyed several of his books but it just seemed pretty predictable and a little melodramatic. Maybe it was the fact that it was a romance and they aren't my favorite.Two positives about the book- the insights into Oxford tutorials and seeing one can be in finance but still not just be out for yourself and how much money you can make but you can make a difference in the world and in people's lives.

This book is from Scribd- Fo
Lisa
Aug 09, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interested book on how a spoiled brat comes home for a visit and gets money from daddy dearest ........
Anne
Nov 11, 2014 Anne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Written in a past continuous tense and a passive voice--an overuse of the word "have" (eg: pg 109: "The only road signs were wooden fingers planted alongside lanes that emerged from the stone walls and hedgerows. The narrow roads were burnished by sunlight strong as heat. The landscapes were brown and earthy)--made this one of the most boring books I've read this year.
Claudette
Did not finish.
Carolyn
Didn't finish last 2 chapters.
Briana
Jul 23, 2011 Briana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Christian novel! I loved the growth and re-evaluation of Adam and Kayla. The romance budding between them was gentle and sweet. It moved at a pace that was reasonable for the characters. The plot was great and I love how Bunn intertwined so many aspects of the story and characters together. It was flawless. Amazing book. I'll definitely be looking into more of Bunn's work.
Margaret
Davis Bunn writes such a variety of fiction. I liked the Oxford setting of this one and the charitable component of Oxfam, but the plot and the characters were predictable and the time-line was pretty fantastic. Everything was crunched down in time to an unbelievable degree. I liked the story but would have liked it to have been presented in a more believable fashion.
Birgitta McGalliard
Neat book which kept me turning the pages.
Mom
Aug 31, 2015 Mom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Terria
Jun 10, 2008 Terria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you want to read a book just to read and enjoy. That is what I liked about this book. I have read other Davis Bunn books and I have enjoyed them also. It is a mystery with a christian theme. It is also about doing the right thing.
Barbara
Sep 26, 2009 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's always HOPE if we don't give up and allow anger to consume us. Adam and Kayla are a lovely couple who have suffered such sorrows and have found each other for an eternity. Back to Africa to help the poor of that country.
Melissa
Jun 20, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an "inspirational" title at our library. They just started adding that label on the spine. I really like it, because I know what I am getting. There is no language or sex in this title, just a good story and mystery.
Stephanie Blackbern
Sep 27, 2009 Stephanie Blackbern rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: christian friends
Bunn has always had a good read for me. this was a contemporary romance set in England among high finance and academic world with a touch of mission work thrown in!
Jan 15, 2013 Carolyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like Davis Bunn's style of writing. This was another great read. Theme of forgiveness, dreams, risk, love that involves risk, creative and honest work.
Arlene
May 30, 2012 Arlene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't dislike Christian fiction but this CD version was well narrated and pleasant to listen to on a long drive. Also not "in your face preachy!"
Carolyn
At times I really liked this book, then other times it didn't hold my interest so I'm giving it 3 stars.
Grace
Jan 22, 2010 Grace rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite authors. This story was very different to read. Enjoyed the location being in England.
Jen Adams
Nov 05, 2013 Jen Adams rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Not very engaging nor are any of the characters realistic. Missed the mark here.
Dec 10, 2008 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute story, but not a whole lot of depth. Worth a feel-good read, though.
Cindy Ortland
Listening to it on CD. Love the British accents, really enjoying it.
Angela
Jul 15, 2008 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty good. the plot was a bit weak, but good writing.
Dorothy Persch
May 13, 2012 Dorothy Persch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read May 2012 for church book club
Jul 28, 2008 Rhonda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2008
Good, quick read.
Greg Enns
Greg Enns rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
  • The Whole Truth
  • Wedding Bell Blues (Piper Cove Chronicles #1)
  • Surrender Bay (Nantucket, #1)
  • Prints Charming (Sisters, Ink, #0)
  • Orchid House
  • Stepping Into Sunlight
  • Expect the Sunrise (Team Hope, #3)
  • The Returning
  • Indivisible
  • Simple Secrets (Harmony, #1)
  • Leaving November (Clayburn, #2)
  • Another Homecoming
  • You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen #2)
  • The Passion of Mary-Margaret
  • Amber Morn (Kanner Lake Series, #4)
  • Breaking Free
Davis Bunn is an internationally-acclaimed author who has sold more than seven million books in twenty languages.

Honored with four Christy Awards for excellence in historical and suspense fiction, Davis was inducted into the Christy Hall of Fame in 2014.

His bestsellers include The Great Divide, Winner Take All, The Meeting Place, The Book of Hours, and The Quilt. A sought-after lecturer in the a
More about Davis Bunn...