Start by marking “German Demystified” as Want to Read:
German Demystified

German Demystified

Take the angst out of learning German

Interested in learning to speak German but can't tell the difference between a strudel and a schnauzer? No need to feel intimidated! With German Demystified you'll develop language skills so quickly you'll pass for a wunderkind.

Organized into twenty chapters that cover key grammar topics, this book contains the building blocks for the s
Published July 17th 2007 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published June 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about German Demystified, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about German Demystified

Claire
Molto buono, ero tentata di dargli quattro stelline e gliele avrei date se non fosse stato per gli ultimi capitoli.

Riesce ad essere chiaro - nella maggior parte dei casi - in breve, cosa molto importante per quella che si definisce una self teaching guide. Io partivo da una completa ignoranza della lingua e mi ha dato delle basi sulle quali sto proseguendo felicemente. L'apprezzamento per l'approccio scelto (brevi paragrafi di spiegazione, numerosi esempi, un buon numero di esercizi, e passare a
Kyle
Dec 06, 2015 Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On page 298, the word "idiotic" appears to have been thrown in by mistake. Classic! I love when stuff like this happens.
Valerie
Apr 15, 2008 Valerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not ashamed to learn basic German from a book written for morons. Why not break down a complicated language into its most foolproof parts?... though hopefully I won't get tricked into feeling overconfident, and then tumbling into depression when confronted with something more complicated.
Stefanus Andre
May 20, 2014 Stefanus Andre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used this book with Duolingo and it works very well. It gives clear information about the German grammar, as well as enough examples and exercises. Unfortunately it does have some minor errors that could be very annoying for a self learner.
Dec 18, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why I checked this out of the library. I can't learn German in a month, or two, when I renew it and push my luck. I've looked at it and listened to the CD. I can see it being a useful tool if I actually acquire a copy.
Daria
Dec 04, 2015 Daria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book. I made it just around chapter 14, before I enrolled in my classes officially. I have an almost perfect score because this book helped guide me. I would highly recommend this to anyone trying to learn German. When I speak German to natives they get me, even when I trip up.
Jake
Jake rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Meghan Hull
Meghan Hull rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Neil Macmillan
Neil Macmillan rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2011
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
R
R rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Alberto Prass
Alberto Prass rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Ron
Ron rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Bettina
Bettina rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Joao Paulo Torralvo Carvalho
Joao Paulo Torralvo Carvalho rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Jen Hesser
Jen Hesser rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2012
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Jeannine
Jeannine rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Nicholas
Nicholas rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2016
Tiffani Diggs
Tiffani Diggs rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Max Edwards
Max Edwards rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Daniel Thomas
Daniel Thomas rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Briana
Briana rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2016
Cora
Cora rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2016
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Sesika
Sesika rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2011