Start by marking “Emil Gets into Mischief” as Want to Read:
Emil Gets into Mischief

Emil Gets into Mischief (Emil of Lönneberga #2)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  457 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Irrepressible and irresistible, Emil is always in trouble. He looks like a little angel, but his daily pranks cause havoc in his family and in his surroundings. No wonder he is famous throughout Lönneberga, the small Swedish village where he lives. Emil and his family are off to the market and this is where his adventures begin.....
128 pages
Published May 30th 1996 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Emil Gets into Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emil Gets into Mischief

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenPippi Goes on Board by Astrid LindgrenThe Children of Noisy Village by Astrid LindgrenRonia, the Robber's Daughter by Astrid LindgrenChristmas in Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren
Sweden
8th out of 77 books — 14 voters
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom StoppardFantastic Voyage by Isaac AsimovFlowers for Algernon by Daniel KeyesThe Proud Tower by Barbara W. TuchmanThe Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein
Best Books of 1966
62nd out of 69 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Imas
Buku ini benar-benar lucuuu...cerita dan ilustrasinya kompak bikin ketawa.Emil dari Lonneberg tinggal di Katthult, Swedia. Tidak ada satu pun penduduk yg tidak kenal di badung emil. Sampai-sampai penduduk Lonneberga mengumpulkan uang secara sukarela untuk biaya perjalanan mengirimkan emil ke Amerika. Mereka menyerahkan uang itu kepada ibu emil dengan harapan Lonneberga lebih tenang jika Emil tidak ada. Ibu Emil tentu saja marah, uang itu dilemparkan dengan sekuat tenaga hingga tersebar ke seluru ...more
Dirk Grobbelaar
This is the Afrikaans translation of Nya Hyss av Emil i Lonneberga (Emil i Lonneberga & Nya hyss av Emil i Lonneberga (Swedish) Imported ).

A self-indulgent trip down memory lane, this book was a remarkably entertaining read. Partly because it brought back some fond childhood memories, but also because it's really darn good. It's obviously a humourous book, but it also has lots of heart. There are some serious themes in here as well, such as the depiction of a poorhouse and the old folk who s
Manny
Going out to buy a liter of milk just now, I saw a tow-haired kid, probably about nine or ten, who was turning very competent cartwheels on the sidewalk just outside the railway station. A cap next to him contained a few coins.

I never give anything to the numerous beggars here, but he looked exactly like Emil in the movie and I found my hand reaching into my pocket. Swedes will understand.
Rumbdeshkar
Lorraine Magee
A great book! Emil certainly fills his role as Astrid Lindgren's boy version of Pippi Longstocking. It is definitely a simple text without too much content, but it's a funny read and would definitely be enjoyable for young readers.

A highlight is the hilarious points at which Lindgren jokes about the parent/child relationship. For example, when Emil and his father get separated in a crowd, the little boy jokes that he won't stand for this anymore.
Христо Блажев
Пакости, пакости и (пак)ости – “Емил от Льонеберя”

Е, бива ли така! Да имаш най-добри намерения, а все да се озоваваш в бараката за дърва. И то толкова често, че да си създадеш огромна колекция от издялкани дървени човечета, сътворени през безбройните часове наказания. Че подхожда ли това на бъдещ председател на общинския съвет? Не и ако той се казва Емил Свенсон, по-известен простичко като “Емил от Льонеберя”.

Астрид Линдгрен пише трите книги (“Емил от Льо
Leah Coffin
Without giving anything away, there's nothing I love more in a book than an evil, petty, selfish person getting their comeuppance. Well done, Emil.
Deborah
The good people of Lönneberga want to send Emil to America, while the folks of Vimmerby only think they have something to fear in the comet that threatens to end the world ~ they haven't met Emil, yet. Emil is the sort of scamp for whom tool sheds were invented. He is up to plenty of mischief in this book, as he assists the cat in its job as mouser, digs a pit to capture a wolf, and torments a superintendent (who well deserves it). Tremendous fun and well worth reading! (It's as good on the thir ...more
Anna-lena Shama
Love love love Emil!
Cynthia Egbert
Read this book with your children. Ms. Lindgren is a multi layered writer and brings in some serious themes that can be discussed with children. We read this aloud in our family and ended up in a powerful discussion about the farmhand and his feeling "trapped" into marrying the housemaid. While Ms. Lindgren's book is a light and fun, there is meat here and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Tanjunk Nara
buku ini aku pinjem dari perpustakaan waktu sma. waktu itu aku ma adekku kayak orang culun, lagi baca bukunya pas umurnya udah belasan tahun, padahal kakak sepupuku udah baca dari umuran sd. ish. trus aku nemuin lagi judul baru di perpustakaan kota jogja. bukunya lucu, tiap kali baca pasti langsung ngomong "kok ya bisa gitu lho, anak sekecil itu."
Kungkang Kangkung
koq sepertinya pernah baca? diingat2 kayaknya memang pernah baca setelah bukunya datang. penasaran apakah sm dengan emil dari lonneberga yg filmnya sudah sy tonton. wakakakka...

jadi, memang pernah baca tapi lupa apdet di sini. :p

baca bareng mbak aiko. ^^v
Nia
Walaupun Emil terkenal akan nakalnya, namun jiwa sosial Emil terhadap sesama patut diacungi jempol. Yaitu pada saat Emil membuat acara Pesta Sikat Bersih dengan para penghuni panti.
Paluvi
"Kita kan harus memikirkan orang-orang Amerika juga. Bukankah mereka tak pernah menyusahkan kita? Mengapa mereka harus kita bebani dengan kenakalan Emil?"

Haahahaa love this part!!
Colleen
This is an utterly charming book. I loved Pippi Longstocking when I was a girl and now I wish I'd known Emil back then as well. The illustrations are a delight too.
Emma
I did not really like this book because I don't like getting into trouble and the book is about getting into trouble
Andre
Selalu mengocok perut! Saya lebih suka Emil daripada Pippi. mungkin karena tokoh utamanya cowok! *bias ;p
Nurhayati Pujiastuti
Kenakalan-kenakalan baru Emil membuat saya dan anak-anak tertawa tidak berhenti.
Aiko
I just l love Emil
Kathleen
Charming book that I'm sure a child would love. 3 1/2 stars.
Meilina
hihi..lucu :) walaupun nakal tetep aja emil 'anak yang manis'
Rose
Emil's pranks by Astrid Lindgren (1973)
Meinar
Crayon Shinchan versi Swedia !

Prisca
Swedia ... oh swedia ...
Lovine
Sebenarnya Emil itu tidak nakal, mungkin lebih tepat dikatakan dia anak yang cerdas, sangat aktif dan penuh perhatian. Salut sama ibunya Emil yang tetap menyayangi Emil dan tak pernah bosan menulis "kenakalan-kenakalan Emil" di buku hariannya yang biru itu. Terbukti kan, EMil jadi bupati di Lonneberga!
  • When the Robbers Came to Cardamom Town
  • Pancakes for Findus (Findus and Pettson) (Findus & Pettson)
  • Children of the Forest
  • Spring-Heeled Jack
  • Harry and the Wrinklies
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Der Räuber Hotzenplotz: Eine Kasperlgeschichte (Hotzenplotz, #1)
  • Paddington Helps Out (Paddington, #3)
  • The Castle of Adventure (Adventure, #2)
  • Minoes
  • Koirien Kalevala
  • Das doppelte Lottchen
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.
More about Astrid Lindgren...
Pippi Longstocking The Brothers Lionheart Ronia, the Robber's Daughter Pippi in the South Seas Karlson on the Roof