Start by marking “Maze of Deception (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #3)” as Want to Read:
Maze of Deception (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #3)

Maze of Deception (Star Wars: Boba Fett #3)

Boba Fett blasts into paperback with this spectacular, action-packed story.

Boba Fett must regain his fortune -- and battle against both other bounty hunters and Jedi foes -- in this action-packed adventure.
Published April 1st 2003 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Maze of Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maze of Deception

Jeri
Feb 03, 2011 Jeri rated it it was ok
This book has good vocabulary and is pretty good as far as Star Wars goes. I hate having to read aloud all of those wierd names, but there are not too many in this one. We've read the first two and are working on the fourth, Hunted. My boys sit still for hours on end as long as I'm reading it, so that's something in its favor. ;)
Alexander Draganov
Jun 30, 2011 Alexander Draganov rated it liked it
Boba is trying to get his money in a deadly banking planet. I really hope that he'll get deeper into action, so far too kiddy, although fast-flowing and readable. Novels by Jude Watson are better.
Jared
Star Wars Legends Project #105

Background: Maze of Deception was written by Elizabeth Hand and published in April 2003. Hand wrote the 3rd through 6th books in the Boba Fett series (taking over for Terry Bisson). These are her only Star Wars books, though she has written a number of non-Star Wars novels, short stories, comics, and novelizations.

Maze of Deception takes place right after Crossfire (my review), 22 years before the battle of Yavin. The young Boba Fett is the main character, along w
Thomas
With the help of Aurra Sing, Boba is on the way to retrieve the money Jango left to him. He doesn't know where he's going, and he doesn't trust Sing well enough to believe that she'll treat him well once they arrive, but what choice does he have? He's eleven years old, and well on his way to being the bounty hunter he'll become, but he still doesn't have the clout that an adult has, as he learns once they land.

I said at the end of my review of Crossfire that I was looking forward to reading some
Spencer B 6
Feb 15, 2017 Spencer B 6 rated it really liked it
A story of continued struggle for survival, Maze of Deception, by Elizabeth Hand is so awe inspiring. Boba Fett is a heart broken kid after the death of his father. He struggles to gain even the barest of credits to keep living and fighting. In the care of the tall, white, slender Aurra Sing, they search for his fathers fortune. Once he realizes Aurra will kill him after she finds his fathers legacy, he escapes to find it on his own. He wheres his father's Mandalorian helmet to remember him. Thi ...more
Martin
Aug 16, 2015 Martin rated it liked it
Hodnotím 1. až 4. díl série.
Hlavní hrdina Boba Fett je syn a jediný přesný klon svého otce Jango Fetta, který byl pravděpodobně nejlepším nájemným lovcem odměn ze všech.
Ale každý lovec, se může stát kořistí a právě Jango Fett se stane lovnou kořistí pro rytíře Jedi, kteří mu vyčítají jen takovou drobnost, jakou je "stvoření" a výcvik armády klonů, které můžete znát jako Stormtroopery. (bílá zbroj, už víte o koho jde, ne?)
Celé pozadí příběhu je složitější, ale knihy své čtenáře tímto nezatěžuj
Leeanna
May 03, 2010 Leeanna rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own
Star Wars: Boba Fett #3: Maze of Deception, by Elizabeth Hand

"Maze of Deception" is the third book in a six book series on the life of young Boba Fett. In this installment, Boba and Aurra Sing journey to Aargau, the banking planet of the galaxy. Similar to Coruscant, Aargau is a layered planet; the lowest levels are the most dangerous, full of the scum of the galaxy.

Aurra Sing, a very dangerous bounty hunter, takes Boba to Aargau to get half of Jango Fett's fortune. Boba, naturally, isn't keen o
Caesar
Feb 11, 2015 Caesar rated it liked it
You'll drive yourself a bit insane trying to pronounce the names and races out loud, but the book was never boring and kept flowing quickly. I've never been big on the Boba Fett character, but my interest in Star Wars has been renewed by my son getting old enough to get into the franchise as well as the new movie coming out in December. When I saw this book on a shelf at my mother's house I decided to give it a shot. It must have belonged to my nephew when he was younger. The writing is more for ...more
Jaime Krause
Oct 17, 2012 Jaime Krause rated it liked it
Sing brings Boba to Aargau, where the International Banking Clan has a galactic bank. Sing plans on forcing Boba to withdraw his inheritance, and for her to "take half the money" - as if she'd settle for half.
Boba gets away from her multiple times, though finds trouble on his own.

I feel bad for him. It's very easy to remember that he's a kid, between 10 & 11 years old, and that he's learning the state of the galaxy for the first time. He's not fully naive but forgets things, just as a child
Angela
Jun 17, 2013 Angela rated it liked it
Suitable for children aged 8 plus or those who have seen the films.
Boba has been kidnapped by Aeria so she can get Jango's money, she claims she will split it with him. They go to a banking planet to get the money.

This is quite fun, with Boba constantly trying to avoid his capture and trying to find Jabba the Hutt. A good read.
Wei Feng
Nov 19, 2007 Wei Feng rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
i kind of like this book because i saw the movie star wars epsiode 2 and 3 and so i got kind of interested in it. i was reading this book and it was filled with all sorts of new technology and new things in it so it kind of confused me but after all i liked it.
Zuzana
Jun 09, 2016 Zuzana rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed Jude Watson's Jedi Apprentice series. It is intended for children but can still be enjoyed by adults. This is unfortunately both for children and childish - with zero depth.
Ethan
Nov 19, 2012 Ethan rated it it was amazing
very good if you read the first one
Jessie
Aug 27, 2010 Jessie rated it did not like it
Shelves: star-wars
I don't approve of any storyline that tries to make Boba Fett anything less than the killer he was supposed to be in this universe. So this series was terrible.
Christina
Jul 20, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-daniel
Daniel: It was good. It wasn't really my favorite. I like this series, it's good.
Tony
Dec 27, 2012 Tony rated it it was amazing
i love it write more books!!!
Emery
Apr 07, 2016 Emery rated it it was amazing
I think this book is really good because it gives you good information and good detales
about where they are
Jacob Razer
Jun 20, 2013 Jacob Razer rated it did not like it
i will read the 4th one but aura sing was in it but i think jabba will be in the 4th one
Aiden
May 01, 2008 Aiden rated it really liked it
The characters had many different background stories. This whole series is about the life of Boba Fett but you have to learn about the others. The story had many twists.
Rebecca
May 15, 2009 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
I've read these with my boys. I find them very exciting, becoming more of a star wars fan with each book.
Brendan
Jul 25, 2013 Brendan rated it it was ok
I think the author made Boba way too dumb in this one. He never seems to learn his lesson. This is not the son of Jango Fett.
Nessa
Nessa rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2012
Eric Onkenhout
Eric Onkenhout rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Nathaniel
Nathaniel rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Ross
Ross rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2009
Blahon
Blahon rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2015
Connor Antonellis
Connor Antonellis rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2009
Yannish Soobramanien
Yannish Soobramanien rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
Jordan Naumovski
Jordan Naumovski rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2013
Boba Fetts life as a child 2 9 Dec 24, 2009 03:39PM
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • The Moment of Truth (Star Wars: Jedi Quest, #7)
  • Renegade (Star Wars: Rebel Force #3)
  • Vader's Fortress (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #5)
  • The Swarm (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #8)
A New York Times notable and multiple award– winning author, Elizabeth Hand has written seven novels, including the cult classic Waking the Moon, and short-story collections. She is a longtime contributor to numerous publications, including the Washington Post Book World and the Village Voice Literary Supplement. She and her two children divide their time between the coast of Maine and North Londo ...more
More about Elizabeth Hand...

Star Wars: Boba Fett (9 books)
  • The Fight to Survive (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #1)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • Hunted (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #4)
  • A New Threat (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #5)
  • Pursuit (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #6)
  • Star Wars: Boba Fett Sammelband #1
  • Star Wars: Boba Fett Sammelband #2
  • Star Wars: Boba Fett Set (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #1-6)