Start by marking “Walking on the Moon: The Untold Story of the Police and the Rise of Rise of New Wave Rock” as Want to Read:

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Published 2010 by Aurum (first published November 23rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Walking on the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walking on the Moon

John
An unremittingly negative book. Campion didn't have to lionize Sting, Copeland or Summers, but I swear I didn't read a SINGLE positive thing in the book -- about a song, a person, anything. The closest he comes to saying something kind is when he mentions, in passing, a few nice things Sting's first wife did for him. But that's hardly a reason to read the book.

If you're interested in the band, try Wikipedia or the All Music Guide. Just don't waste your time on this.
Mark Maguire
Prior to reading this book, I possesed a fair working knowledge of The Police in that I was aware of the creative dominance of Sting, and the open-warfare between the Band members. However, I was totally ignorant of the contextual backdrop that gave rise to The Police and The Police "sound". This is where the book's strength lies, as it actively demystifies some of the legend and Folklore that surrounds the rise and fall of this critically important band. The book has a tendency to go beyond the ...more
Dave
A long overdue bio of one of my favorite bands. Not a lot of surprises here, unless discovering that Sting, Summers and Copeland disliked each other from Day One and that it's amazing that this band stayed together for four whole albums.

Chris Campion paints Sting as an ever-growing narcissist, Summers as an arrogant prima donna, and Copeland as the loudmouth American who battled constantly with Sting over control of the band. Who knew the drummer from the states had so much control over the band
Johnny Hirschfeld
horrible book... negative and spiteful. why did the author even bother to tackle a subject he obviously disliked. ... and the promise of a birth of new wave approach is not present. this book SUCKS.
Theo Lafleur
It wrecks The Police, but I guess I would prefer that over self-indungent promotion when reading a Bio. Very well researched and funny
Unlovely Sara
Unlovely Sara marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Mortimer
Mortimer is currently reading it
May 31, 2014
Nick Thompson
Nick Thompson marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Paul Carr
Paul Carr is currently reading it
Nov 09, 2013
Jils
Jils marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Ivan Barria
Ivan Barria marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Neoma
Neoma added it
Jun 05, 2013
Nschwart
Nschwart marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Sharon Ryan
Sharon Ryan marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2012
Tommy
Tommy marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2012
Sean
Sean is currently reading it
May 27, 2012
The Jiu-Jitsu Bum THE JIU-JITSU BUM Walking on the Moon: The Untold Story of the Police and the Rise of New Wave Rock Apocalypse Culture II Splice: The Hybrid Resurgence (Anno Domini)