Copping To It

Copping To It (The Red-Hot Cops Series #1)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Respected journalist Claire Fullerton fantasizes about being a bad girl, but she also fears that revealing her dark fantasies will open her up to being hurt.

When undercover cop Ty Williamson enters her life, the intense passion she feels for him scares her. Even though Claire is tempted to reveal the vixen inside her, she decides to play it safe and walk away, when walking...more
Published December 6th 2010

Laurie (Bitten by Romance)
Reviewed for BittenbyParanormalRomance

Kirs's review

He is undercover when she shows up looking for him. They are forced to have sex in front of a crowd which isn’t too hard for her since she has a serious kinky side to her. These two were obviously hot for each other, and it was fun watching them hook up with each other. This was extremely steamy erotica with just enough dialogue & plot to make it a real story. If I didn’t know who wrote this story, I would have sworn it was an author who had...more
Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
Oooohhh this was a HOT read! **fanning myself**. A reporter that is both a good girl and a bad girl. A police officer undercover in a biker gang, and some serious public displays of "affection" (if you get my drift) It was pretty short but, I really enjoyed it!
Jill Myles
Pretty much lots of hot sexual play and some handwavey cop plot stuff that I didn't pay much attention to because there was lots of sexytimes ahoy. Which means, of course, that I loved it. Lol.
Karla
Investigative journalism…more like investigative voyeurism. Reporter becomes victim, or willing participant. Thank goodness undercover cops, and she knows them…they will protect her…one to guard her from the front, the other from the…er…rear…full body armor…a sexual sandwich.
Odd setting, yet a fun, steamy quick read. SSSSSSS!!! HOT!
Ollie
Ok the first thing I have to say is Claire is one kinky lady! She may try to appear like the conservative reporter but what lies underneath is one woman who definitely has a passion for kink which can cause her to get into some real trouble.

Now Claire is hiding out and watching a gang of bikers engage in their very kinky initiation ceremonies under the disguise of investigating them for a story. If she is investigating then she wouldn't be fantasizing about one of those bikers taking her. LOL

Wha...more
Jackie
May 16, 2011 Jackie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers of Erotica who enjoy voyeurism as well as M/F/M sexual encounters
Recommended to Jackie by: aobibliophile
Graphic and sexually explicit as this book is that is not the only thing that makes it a very pleasurable read. The story itself about reporter Claire Fullerton and undercover cops Ty Williamson and his partner Luke Anderson was well fleshed out for such a short read! I love Novellas every once in a while as they are short fast reads that are just as juicy and interesting as a full length Novel can be! Especially when the story mixes a biker gang, 2 very hot male cops and a situation that could...more
Sheryl
I personally have a thing for HOT alpha-males named TY. 'Nuff said :)
Lisa

I'm just going to say that this book was a short book no idea on the page numbers because this kindle ebook still went by percents not pages. Ninety-nine cents was a steal as it had a great storyline to go with all the hot sex. Sarah has some self esteem problems and she didn't think she was good enough for Luke who comes from money so she pushed him away and hooked up and married another cop. He seemed nice until after they were married then he started getting scary possessive and controlling....more
aobibliophile™
Forbidden pleasures alone are loved immoderately; when lawful, they do not excite desire. - Marcus Fabius Quintillian

Claire Fullerton is a reporter - respectable and dignified outside yet harboring secret sensual thoughts inside. following up a story, she finds herself held captive by the Demonic Guardians who have a reputation for violence. she stumbles upon Ty Williamson, an undercover cop, going through a sexual initiation and Claire is offered to him as a bonus. Ty is surprised to see Claire...more
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Wow, this story was hot! Warning do not read in a highly populated Starbucks because when your face gets super red people tend to stare! Seriously, I was not expecting this story to be so hot and spicy, but I absolutely loved it. The connection between Ty and Claire is electric.

Claire and Ty had a brief relationship a few months ago. Claire was afraid to be real with Ty. Claire secretly wants to be a sexy naughty girl and do bad things, sexual...more
Lillie
Wenj
4.5 STARS

Review provided by Black Lagoon Reviews:

Copping to It by Ava Meyers, the first installment in her Red Hot Cops series, is a thrilling, suspenseful and enticingly sensual novella that kept me reading late into the night. Without a doubt this is a masterful start to what will prove to be a highly addictive series and I cannot wait to get my hands on more!

The interesting premise of undercover cop Ty Williamson infiltrating a biker gang instantly drew my attention. For some reason bikers, t...more
Joyfully Reviewed
While following a lead on a story regarding the Demonic Guardians gang, reporter Claire Fullerton finds herself captured by them. Known for their violent streak, Claire is frightened as to what they will do to her for spying on them. That is, until she sees her old flame, Ty Williamson, because she knows despite their breakup; he will not allow any harm to come her.

After many months, undercover cop Ty Williamson and his partner, Luke Anderson, has finally managed to infiltrate the most feared bi...more
Siobhan Muir
I liked this short novella, but it felt like there was too much sex in it. I know, an erotic romance author thinking there's TOO MUCH SEX? But it was true. The first time, Ty had to establish his role in the gang. The second time, he was still cementing his place. But the third and fourth times? Come on. They were in a dangerous situation and they had a window to get away. Did they? No, they thought they'd take another few minutes to screw when he's supposed to be an undercover cop bent on prote...more
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
This was a short erotic read. Claire is a reporter watching a gang and trying to get a story. Ty is an undercover cop trying to bust up the gang. When Claire gets caught spying on the gang, she's given to Ty. Ty has to "prove" he's one of the gang while shutting Claire up.

(view spoiler)...more
Sam Bradley
This was my first story from Ava Meyers, and it definitely won’t be the last. Trust me, people, plan on finishing this once you start it. It’s a very compelling, “can’t put it down” read! I love how the author jumped right into the action and still managed to create fleshed out characters a solid story line around just one scene! Even as I enjoyed the evolving relationship between the two characters, there was the underlying suspense of how Ty was going to get Claire to safety. I was taken by th...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Not a fan of gangs and "thugs", I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book and realized it was about an undercover cop who is going through a gang initiation. The initiation is all about sex which is pretty hot. Since there wasn't much about the gang and more focused on Claire the nosy journalist and Ty the cop, it was quite enjoyable.

Ms. Meyers writes a smooth and easy read with decent characters. The characters don't really pull me in one direction or another, but they are p...more
Britainy
This was a hot one! I loved it, but it was too damn short, I wanted more :D Going to get Cop Appeal right now! I also really enjoyed the excerpt of Chosen By Blood. I was leery about that one but after the excerpt its on my TBR next list! Every book I've read by Meyers/DePaul has been great and Copping To It was no exception.
Lis
Quick little smex fest... Under cover cop Ty has to perform in front of the biker gang for his initiation. Yadda yadda in comes a reporter busted for snooping on the annual event, is presented to Ty and the camera rolls. Of course Claire knows Him and is a little excited by the idea of finally getting with Ty... and of course she doesn't want to blow his cover... Its short on plot but a freebie from amazon.
Kristin
Maybe more like 3.5 stars.The things that I liked....I really liked, but then some parts were eye rollingly corny. I liked the idea behind this book and really think it could have been made as a decent full length novel.

The sex was hot (minus a few lines that made me cringe) and I guess that's the purpose of an erotic novella.
K.R.Caldwell
Very weird setting, awesome storyline. Loved the characters and how the writer was able to grasp who they were in such a short amount of time. The plot was amazing which made me want an actual full length novel. the hot steamy love scenes tied the whole thing together. All in all... goodread.
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
I received this as a gift from the author, Ava Meyers who is otherwise known as Virna DePaul.
Plainbrownwrapper
It's been awhile since I read this one, but so far as I recall it's pretty much PWP. If I remember correctly the "plot" was pretty darned sad, but I may have to do a reread to remind myself.
Lauren
This is a really good short read. A lot of hot sex once with 2 hot cops (of course they are undercover) but there is a video tape involved!

I would give it 4 out of 5 stars
Cindy
Wow! This was HOT! The chemistry between Claire and Ty was radiating off them so strongly that I felt it through the screen of my Kindle!
Jill James
Awesome, hot story. I loved Ty and Claire, the danger, the sex, the heat between them. The author has a great voice and a great story here.
Naomi
Wowsers! I think this may possibly be the hottest book I've EVER read! If you like erotica then you will love this!
Diane
glad i didn't pay for this as it really did not capture my imagination.
Susan
Too short! Way too hot! Gotta love an undercover cop getting dirty!
Nikki
3.5 stars.

For what it was (erotica), it was a fair read.
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • Love Me Knot (Holding Out For a Hero, #4)
  • Losing Control
  • Driven (Cougar Challenge, #9)
  • A Hard Man to Love (Hawthorne Family, #2)
  • Jungle Fever
  • Some Kind of Magic
  • A Little Harmless Submission (Harmless, #6)
  • Baumgartner Generations: Janie (Baumgartners, #3)
  • Truly Scrumptious
  • Five Ways 'til Sunday (Delta Heat, #1)
  • Raising the Stakes (Three of a Kind, #2)
  • She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy (Country Music Collection, #2)
  • Venice Vampyr: Final Affair (Venice Vampyr, #2)
  • Chasing Sunset (Sunset #1)
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Baby, Don't Lose My Number (Fated, #2)
  • Grandmaster's Legacy (Erotic Historical Suspense, Box Set)
Cop Appeal Copping Attitude Arrested By Love Anthology - A Collection of Red-Hot Cop Novellas (Red-Hot Cops Series)