Start by marking “Someone's Watching” as Want to Read:
Someone's Watching

Someone's Watching

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  272 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Twenty-something Robbie Ivy wants to keep her life as simple and commitment-free as possible. Who needs a high-pressure career, a relationship, or a family anyway? But Robbie's life gets inextricably complicated when her estranged father shows up with a shocking revelation about two teenage girls who disappeared in South Beach. One of the missing girls is Robbie's step sis ...more
Published February 7th 2011 by Oceanview Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Someone's Watching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone's Watching

Melissa
What can I say about Someone’s Watching a novel by Sharon Potts? I can say a lot. I will start with this is the first time I have read this author and I was very impressed. I found this book to grab my attention from the very beginning. I have to admit I felt is got a little slow for a moment or two, then I will say I hit the middle and I could not put it down. This book’s ending gave me a surprise. This book is full of murder mystery, loss and found family. You will meet the main character Robb ...more
Hayden
Sharon Potts is a well-deserved award winning mystery/suspense/thriller author. Someone's Watching sucks you in and doesn't let go until you have turned the last page. Her characters are well developed, plot complex, pace is fast. It kept me up way past midnight each night until I had finished. If you have a choice, read In Their Blood first - it's a precursor to Someone's Watching, though both books can definitely stand alone on their own merits. I can't wait to read her latest release, The Dev ...more
Miss Kim
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this book! It was a random freebie that I received form Amazon a few months ago, and had forgotten about.

The fast pace and the clever plot kept my face in the book!

Patricia
Robbie Ivy thinks that she has her life simplified. No longer a CPA she is now a bartender who makes jewelry on the side. Jeremy Stroeb who played a big part in Robbie’s life has gone his way and Robbie has gone hers. She is dating other people and feels she has her life running smoothly without the need of family or close relationships.

Robbie’s father left her mother when she was a child and she hasn’t had any connection with him since that time. Suddenly Robbie’s father is knocking at her door
Stephanie
Katherine Byrd
A sister for Robbie.

If you like a good mystery with a lot of suspense then this is the book for you. Robbie hasn't seen her father since she was a child, and now he is. He says she has a sister that she has never met, and that she has gone missing. Why should Robbie care? What did he expect her to do about it anyway? Well, having a sister might not be so bad, but she would've know unless she did find her. From there things start to get really interesting. A good read.
Nadyne
First sentence: “He was staring at her cleavage and she tried to be cool, like she did this kind of thing all the time.”

P. 99: “But she no longer had a clear recollection of what he had looked like when she was a child.”

Last sentence: “She knew he wouldn’t let go.”

Again a fun, quick read, and a pageturner. Robbie Ivy sees her father again after 18 years and he tells her some shocking but also exciting news that starts a series of events that gets the adrenaline up.

Although I never had any intere
AvidReader47
Whew! What a wild ride this one was. Couldn't put it down!!! Non-stop action, and suspense from beginning to end. Robbie (Roberta) is a former CPA now bartender living in South Beach, Florida. Unbeknownst to her, she has a half-sister, Kate, from her father who left her and her mother when she was young. Her father shows up at her South Beach apartment saying Kate and her friend Joanne came down to Miami and are now missing. Robbie helps to try and find this half-sister she's never met searching ...more
Olga Isayenko
The book was a little slow in the beginning but as soon as the pace picked up it kept you on the edge of your seat until the very end!
Maria Murray
This book definitely kept me entertained and wanting to keep reading. Sometimes the writing was cliche and just didn't seem natural. But overall it was pretty good.
Jeanyne
typical who dunnit
Dorel
This is the first book I read by Sharon Potts. This book kept me interested from the beginning to the end. I loved the main character Robbie she could be a good detective. I love that this book is a page tuner & the ending shocked me. Once you start reading this book you won't be able to put it down. I brought this book when it was free but it is definitely worth paying 3.99 for. I would definitely read more books by this author.
Shay
This book started out slow, but began to pick up as I went along. The descriptions of the people and places on and in the Florida coast were really vivid. The premise of the book was interesting, but I felt the ending was anti-climactic and a little hard to follow. I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Bridget
SOMEONE'S WATCHING is a thrilling murder mystery that doesn't let up until the last page has been read. Sharon's unique writing style makes for a pleasurable way to spend the day. With an unrelenting plot and favorable characters, this book is sure to be a big success.
Lourdes Venard
After her teenage sister disappears in South Beach, Robbie Ivy starts her own investigation into the glitzy -- and sometimes dangerous -- club scene. This book had its ups and downs, and I wouldn’t recommend it for more than a light beach read.
Deranged Pegasus
A nerve wracking tale as the book drags the reader into emotional involvement through Robbie and he glimpses into the life of the missing Kate. It is incredible how the author has made me want to scream at the characters that Kate is right there!
Heidi
Loved, loved, loved this book! I was hooked straight out of the gate. I am actually currently producing the audiobook version of this book. This will definitely be one book I keep close at hand. Terrific storytelling!
Shelly
Despite the fact that there were way (way, way) too many coincidences in this book, I enjoyed it. The writing needs to be sharpened a bit, but the storyline was interesting.
Claudia
The uncorrected proof that I received was totally out of order. There's was chapters that should had been taken out, everything was just wacked...
Madeline  Ezell
Fast Paced and Furious! The plot was twisting and entertaining. I really enjoyed it and the author's voice is great and descriptive!
Misty Stapel
Suspenseful and engaging but a little predictable at times. A great read with a surprise ending that makes up for the middle parts!
Frannie
I thought this book was fantastic. Lots of action and suspense. So many twists and turns. Definitely recommend it!
Victoria Husbands
The book is thrilling with all sorts of twists and drama, kept you at the edge of your seat a must read!!!
Michael
Found myself really liking this. Full of twists and turns. I will definatly read more works from this author.
C_lo
I liked the story and characters. It was a quick read and a good twist at the end.

Diane S.
Interesting famiy dynamics and suspense. Scary look at the South Beach club scene.
Kathy Neff

So so good, when you think you've figured it out , guess again.
Kevin
my first book with this Auther and she is good liked the story
Renee
Great book, suspenseful, tense, likeable characters.
Gayle Kee
good with some twists and turns
  • Night Corridor
  • Shadow of Death
  • No Shelter (Holly Lin, #1)
  • The Devil's Hour (Laura Cardinal #3)
  • Dead Air (Sammy Greene, #1)
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • The Reluctant (Crayder Chronicles #1)
  • The Wedding Gift
  • Striking Back
  • The Dead Love Longer
  • Irrefutable
  • Final Price
  • The Delilah Complex (Butterfield Institute, #2)
  • Murder Over Easy
Sharon Potts is the award-winning author of IN THEIR BLOOD and SOMEONE'S WATCHING, suspense novels about ordinary people in extraordinary situations set in South Florida. She has also written contemporary humorous novels, SOUTH BEACH CINDERELLA and GOODBYE NEVERLAND. Her work has received numerous awards including the 2010 Benjamin Franklin Award for best mystery/suspense novel, as well as a starr ...more
More about Sharon Potts...
South Beach Cinderella In Their Blood The Devil's Madonna Goodbye Neverland