Start by marking “Fields Of Gold” as Want to Read:
Fields Of Gold

Fields Of Gold

A practical and inspirational book based on the principle of sowing and reaping. If we sow fear, what will be our harvest? And conversely, if we sow faith, what will we grow? This book moves the reader beyond fear and guilt about giving and into confidence, security, and excitement. Andy Stanley unpacks our irrational fears about money, helping us to discover that generou

Mass Market Paperback, 144 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fields Of Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fields Of Gold

Jo
Jan 14, 2010 Jo rated it really liked it
A really good little book on Christian giving.

Stanley refreshingly approaches generous giving w/o being manipulative, using guilt, or trying to make you feel less spiritual because you struggle in this area. He also covers an area of giving that most books ignore: fear. Stanley gives fear as the prime reason that most people do not give. This fear has the potential to rob us of an intimate relationship with God, if we let it. But Stanley challenges Christians to replace our fear with a radical,
Reid
Apr 24, 2008 Reid rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: affluent and selfish Christians
Andy Stanley has authored a very good primer on the subject of Christian giving.

He speaks quite a bit about the fear of giving. He also presents the "4 P's of Giving": priority, percentage, progressive, and prompted giving.

This book increases my growing understanding of the heavenly value of earthly giving resulting in God's glory for man's benefit.

This book was written from the perspective of grace, being motivated not by fear but being motivated by increasing joy.

This is a really good book for
JJ Vancil
Aug 09, 2011 JJ Vancil rated it really liked it
Fields of Gold, by Andy Stanley, challenges, without apology, our financial fears. While this book is about money, it is not primarily about giving, but rather trusting. What prevents so many people from giving our money away for use in God’s kingdom is fear, and fear indicates our lack of trust. This book invites us to experience the joy of fearless giving. What awaits us on the other side for the generous giver is a harvest that far exceeds our wildest expectations.
Kenny Conley
Jun 01, 2011 Kenny Conley rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
AMAZING BOOK! I love Andy Stanley, but I have to say that this is one of the best messages on giving and generosity I've ever read or heard. I think that people get beaten down my the "tithing" message or they find too many places to fight or have their opinion. In this book, Andy doesn't even really go there, but camps on the idea of generosity and challenges everyone in that aspect. This book has truly inspired me and I know it will inspire you if you read it.
Adam Shields
May 10, 2012 Adam Shields rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short Review: Giving is not often thought of as one of the spiritual disciplines but in Fields of Gold it is primarily thought of as a spiritual act of obedience and not as a financial matter. This is a quick book, but worth the time.

My full review is on my blog at http://bookwi.se/fields-of-gold/
Jeremy Frye
Jul 29, 2013 Jeremy Frye rated it it was amazing
Perhaps one of the best books on becoming a generous giver that I've ever read. Every Christian should read this book, especially if he/she is wanting to move from a place of fear to a place of joy in giving.
Chad Stutzman
Mar 03, 2011 Chad Stutzman rated it really liked it
Finished this great little book by Andy Stanley. It really challenged me again to examine my heart for giving. I highly recommend this book, every Christian should read it.
Jt
Feb 19, 2016 Jt added it
Shelves: stewardship
a great book on stewardship
Ryan
The major premise is that people — Christians in particular — do not give much to charity/churches because of fear. Generosity being determined primarily by surplus.

This book is a series of anecdotes and quotes that encourages people to:
1. Think of oneself as a steward of God’s wealth
2. Prioritize giving above all other expenses

The book was fairly repetitive and some of the statements felt excessive. For example, “You’ll know you’ve arrived when the thrill of making a financial impact begins t
Jeanette Glazewski
Sep 08, 2014 Jeanette Glazewski rated it it was amazing
This quick little read is a great motivator on the concept of giving. Andy speaks about it in such a way that in the end it just makes sense. I enjoyed reading this book and recommend it to anyone struggling with any type of giving.
Emil Bredahl
Mar 17, 2016 Emil Bredahl rated it really liked it
I like the book because it touches an important subject that is for many an area of neglect. It's simple and interestingly written with practical words and explanations. A sure must read as you are getting to know why we give because we have been given all by God
Walt Walkowski
Aug 13, 2016 Walt Walkowski rated it it was amazing
This is actually my second time reading the book, and I will probably read it again. A very refreshing, inspiring take on giving.
Jeff Allen
Aug 01, 2011 Jeff Allen rated it really liked it
Good book that challenges us to understand that what we have is truly God's and He has given us the task of managing it with His purposes in mind.
Becca
Jan 20, 2009 Becca rated it it was amazing
This book gave me a whole new perspective on Gods purpose for my life and the things he has entrusted to me. The author has a really good ability to clearly get his point across.
David Aldridge
Apr 13, 2011 David Aldridge rated it liked it
Quick read about having a godly perspective on finances. Simple and practical truth that can be easily applied.
Glenda
I just borrowed this from Amazon Prime. I plan to read it as part of my daily devotions...Very good book on cheerful giving.
Anson
Aug 15, 2012 Anson rated it really liked it
It is better to invest in human lives and the harvest of joy that it will bring than to invest in this world where there is no assurance of security.
Freddy Lam
Freddy Lam rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Sean Seay
Sean Seay rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2011
Josh Roberts
Josh Roberts rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2015
Tonia Hau
Tonia Hau rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Matt Miller
Matt Miller rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
David
David rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Mandii Mae
Mandii Mae rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2007
Michelle Bodle
Apr 22, 2014 Michelle Bodle rated it it was amazing
Not your average book about stewardship
Tom
Tom rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
Kristine
Kristine rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2008
Charles Hill
Charles Hill rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2010
  • Plastic Donuts: Giving That Delights the Heart of the Father
  • A Work of Heart: Understanding How God Shapes Spiritual Leaders
  • The Power of God's Names
  • Spiritual Mentoring: A Guide for Seeking & Giving Direction
  • The Most Important Place on Earth: What a Christian Home Looks Like and How to Build One
  • On the Anvil
Andy Stanley is the senior pastor of North Point Community Church, Buckhead Church, and Browns Bridge Community Church. He also founded North Point Ministries, which is a worldwide Christian organization.
More about Andy Stanley...

“...often, stepping outside your comfort zone is not careless irresponsibility, but a necessary act of obedience.” 30 likes
“If you see your brother in need, it doesn't matter if you already gave somewhere else. You should be open to the idea of God using you to meet your brother's unexpected need.” 22 likes