Start by marking “Apollyon (Covenant, #4)” as Want to Read:
Apollyon (Covenant, #4)

Apollyon (Covenant #4)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  25,594 ratings  ·  1,921 reviews
Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to
Published April 4th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Apollyon, please sign up.

Erin Sardothien I don't think it's necessary, however I think it gives you a clearer idea of what's happening when you start Apollyon. I would read it as it's not…moreI don't think it's necessary, however I think it gives you a clearer idea of what's happening when you start Apollyon. I would read it as it's not very long and Aiden's POV is something made of awesome. (less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
23rd out of 1,518 books — 10,763 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
38th out of 2,464 books — 12,470 voters

More lists with this book...

Kayleigh {K-Books}
Apollyon Review on K-Books

**Please Note: Contains Spoilers for Deity and Elixir.

Oh. My. Freaking. Gods! There are no words in this universe that could explain my feelings about this book. I went through so many emotions throughout this book, from freaking out, to crying to laughing and hopeful. I just loved every single second of it and it is without a doubt my favourite book of all time.

Alex has connected with Seth. Unaware of her previous state of mind and her feelings for Aiden, Alex knows
APOLLYON is live on Amazon and B&N
So, here you go People, Deity Island fan site, all Teasers and Trailers in one place of everything Jennifer L. Armentrout ever wrote!

Some of the Teaser for Apollyon:

Teaser #1
My feet touched the ground and I took a step forward—one, and then another. And Aiden didn’t move. He waited. It was in those eyes of his, the finality of this. He wouldn’t win, he couldn’t and he knew it. Aiden accepted it. As I reached him, the rain stopped an
Molly McAdams
HOLY DAIMON BABIES. Jennifer has done it again!

Apollyon is even better than the previous in the series, and will leave you wishing you already had the next one on your e-reader waiting for you. I kid you not, I jerked back and clicked back and forth hoping I was wrong and hadn't reached the end yet. I for real pouted for a good ten minutes. But, Jennifer has a way of writing endings that make you crave her next book without hating her for leaving it the way she did, and I LOVE her for that!

In A
Angie Cunningham
Okay so I have admittedly been putting off my review to this book.

OMG photo tumblr_mik581UHjG1rezs2oo5_250_zps76039737.gif

Put away the crestfallen looks that I know my first sentence might have brought on because the truth was, I wanted to have a bit of a think before I wrote down my thoughts for everyone. Jennifer's writing is absolutely superb (there was no doubt) and I loved this book as much as the others, but unlike Deity, I didn't end this book feeling like I had just licked a battery or that someone stole my favorite toy.

(or bottle of rum as
Jana (The Book Goddess)

You know when I said that DEITY was the best Covenant book and I didn't know how anything could top it, well now I'm just eating my words because APOLLYON oh my gosh just pushed DEITY into a faraway place never to be seen again. Ha. But seriously, just when you think something is JLA's best work, another book of hers get released and then THAT becomes her best work. I don't know how she does it but wow I'm so proud of my favourite author. *bows*

I've always been such a fan of Greek Mythology and
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
So this is the last thing I read in Deity and then the book ended...

"The First - my whole purpose for existing. Mine. My other half. He was here, waiting. Already inside me, seeing what I was seeing, whispering to me, promising me that he was coming. Seth. Mine.

And they all were going to die.

I smiled."

Soooooo I jump on line to check out the release date for the next installment.

Expected publication: April 9th 2013

But then realizing that it don't matter that to me the wait is unacceptable.

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov
Just give me a second to take this all in......

Okay, now onto the review which won't contain any spoilers at all(I hope). First off can I say she has done it again! JLA is the only author I've known that can grab your heart with every word and just rip it out with an ending!!! Apollyon was definitely the quiet before the storm.....Sentinel is going to be CRAZY!!!! To insure spoiler safety I will talk about the character that we all LOVE!!!!!

IT'S 4.5!!!
I'm torn between 4 and 5 stars. It's a 4.5, really, but Goodreads doesn't like halfs (!) and I don't know what is better: 4 or 5? Guess I'll go with 5 because I loved the ending. Amazing. AWESOME. If just the whole book had been like the ending... I mean, it was incredible. I loved the pacing! While most of the book was really slow - even if I loved a few steamy scenes... - the first chapters and the last ones were amazing, that's why it's a 4.5.

... April 2013?
Is this a cosmical jo
Apollyon is full of action and fighting, Greek Gods, terrifying as well as swoonworthy scenes. Definitely the best in series so far! SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:
My Aiden:

My Alex:

“And that kind of love is more important than anything right now, Lexie. It’s going to keep you sane. It’s always going to remind you of who you really are.”

There are no doubts that Jennifer L. Armentrout is amazing author and that her writing is phenomenal. This book is just another proof of that. Apollyon was never boring or

This was pretty much what I expected… It wasn't good, it wasn't awful… Okay, it was pretty awful but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever read — there were loads of cheesy parts, predictable arcs and nonsensical dialogue… But I have to admit there was the occasional somewhat entertaining moment.

Why do I keep reading this series?

1. I like (most) of the secondary characters.
2. It reminds me of Vampire Academy, which I love (mostly, sort of).
3. Once I start a series I find it hard to give up

Just when I think Jennifer Armentrout has shown us her best and written her most captivating story to date, she goes and ups the ante! I have loved the Covenant series since I first met these incredible characters in the unforgettable Half-Blood, and I thought Deity was just amazing when I read it last year. Well, I can honestly say that, of all Jennifer’s outstanding stories, this is without a doubt her best work to date!!

After reading Deity, I was so anxious and at the same time terribly nervo
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo tumblr_n0a7j09qTZ1snlqo0o1_400_zps8201d8f3.gif

Apollyon is book #4 in the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout.

There are advantages and disadvantages to binge reading an entire series from start to finish. The advantages, especially for those of us who might be slightly memory deficient, is to not have to wait that pesky year between books and then not be able to remember what happened in the previous book. The disadvantage, is that I am so immersed into this world, into these characters, that I am pretty much worthless as a contributing
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
By now, it’s pretty clear that Jennifer L. Armentrout knows what she’s doing. Little by little, she’s converted even the strongest non-believers, including me. I still maintain that Half-Blood is a result of blatant plagiarism, but I have changed my mind about the series as a whole, and I’m not one to keep quiet in such an occasion. Ever since Pure, I’ve been enjoying this series more and more with each new installment, and now, with just one book left, I can even call myself a fan.

Deity ended
Actual Review

Give me a moment please.

How can I start but by just simply saying that the long wait was COMPLETELY WORTH IT. OMG. AHHHHH!!!! The plot, the characters, ugh. I AM JUST IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES. SO MUCH.

And then there is Aiden and Alex:

Okay, I'm done. Now starts the wait for Sentinel.
One more thing, go read it. :) Sorry if I can't hear you over my shrill fanboy screaming. :D

No. April 2013. How can I be expected to survive until then? I am NO
Lucy *Mrs Khalid*

I swear these authors are trying to kill me. This can't end like that!

I so cannot freaking wait for Sentinel!

Aiden and Alex didn't have a single moment of peace. Damn! It's time for them to be happy and just love each other freely, without obstacles or worries.

I am just so happy to see Alex changed into a more mature person. She's not as impetuous anymore, which is really great.

After all, she is the Apollyon now. She is very powerful and she can't have those knee-jerk reactions that were so char
I need this yesterday.
Annie Brewer
Seriously, this series just gets better and better. It surpassed my expectations but of course that's JLA. She can do no fucking wrong! This book was insanely awesome! So much happened and my head was spinning. The action, the romance, the emotions and everything in between. It was just incredible.

Aiden St Delphi is a god of all gods. I fall in love with him more and more and more. Gah! I want him! Team Aiden always.

Review to come closer to release date.

Okay apparently I didn't get the memo tha
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Wow, just wow. review to come.

Quick review:

Cover: Nice
Rating: R
Overall: I can’t put into words how much I enjoyed.
Characters: Well done
Plot: No matter how lost you are, you can be found. Love will always find a way.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: AIDEN

SUMMARY (55 words or less)

For all of you haven’t read this series because the first book has a VA feel, get over it. I did. This series is seriously AWESOME. It has legs of its own and isn’t like VA
Fanfreakingtastic!!!LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

I swear, I don't know how Jennifer L. Armentrout finds the energy to keep creating amazing books after amazing books. Someone needs to bottle it up and spread it around the world. Think of all the peace we can achieve. But in all seriousness, I've never met a JLA book I didn't like!

Apollyon proves to be another exciting installment in the Covenant series, bringing in more action and more romance then ever before, leaving us breathless and begging for the fina
Pilar ☽
Oh dear, this series gets better and better with each book!

To be honest, this was not my favorite book of the series, I prefered the previous ones.
Apollyon was action packed and highly entertaining but from the beginning to the middle of the book, I felt like nothing really happened... But still, I really liked and enjoyed every chapter.

I'm so not ready to start the last book. I grew attatched to all the characters and the story, I don't want this wonderful series to end :(

Kate Kaynak
I'm the luckiest frikkin' editor in the world... :)
Feb 22, 2015 Laz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: paranormal lovers
This book is the living proof of the struggle Alex is being through. She must fight her connection to Seth and stay away from him because if they get close to each other he'll steal her powers and become the Godkiller and well, no one wants that.

Up until the moment Alex goes to the Underworld, there's not much going on. And that's why I pretty much gave it 4 stars instead of 5. It wouldn't feel okay if I gave it 5 stars since this was more uneventful than its predecessors. Still it was really go

So. Freaking. Scared.

I don't want anything bad to happen to Seth.
I don't want anything bad to happen to anyone, really, but I definitely don't want anything to happen to Seth. I do hope that he loses his powers. He's acting really stupid right now. I admit that! But regardless, he's a good character and I fell in love with him from the start because of that. He has to get back to that! He has to! He was funny, semi-sweet, and a good time. Now? He's reeking havoc on the whole wo
Me when the Acknowledgements page showed its sneaky Hades-damned face:
 photo 1269213108595.gif

This book was a combination of:
- Epic awesomeness
- Intense kick-assery
- Knee-melting romance
- Alice-in-Wonderland-worthy tearfests
- Annoying as hell gods with time on their hands

It was a lot to handle.
 photo tumblr_mimtanqgKQ1ql5yr7o1_400_large.gif

And the ending...OH THE ENDING!
 photo tumblr_inline_mity9zDlE01qz4rgp.gif

I think everyone needs to stop doing one of two things:
1.) Relying on Alex to solve the worlds' problems
2.) Blaming Alex for the worlds' problems

Seriously. Because she may be Wonder Woman wi
Lynn ಠ_ಠ
Read April 25th

Apollyon is probably the only book in the Covenant series (that's been released so far) that DID NOT make me fly though the pages. No matter how I felt about the series' similarities to Vampire Academy or how much Alex grated on my nerves, the other books were real page turners. I can't even count the times I set this book down to do other things. This was the book that has the highest stakes and yet I didn't feel much except that Alex grated on my nerves constantly. And
I think Ill keep needing ice-creamuntil book 5 comes out

Im hesitant between 3.5 and 4 stars...I liked this book, didnt love it like the rest, I felt that all the information given out in the book couldve been shortened plot wise not a lot was given out...and the freaking cliffhanger, my goshhhhhh....

if you have auto.control use it and wait until book 5 is out to read this one

It was good, just not as good as I was expecting it to be
“I’m not going to leave you. I’ll never do that.”

Apollyon is the fourth book in the Covenant series. As the action and romance builds, this series just keeps getting better.

Alex has awakened and wants to connect with Seth. In order to keep her safe, Aiden has locked her up. Alex is angry, bitter, and not herself! She hears Seth and Aiden. Both are trying to break her down and pull her in! Aiden refuses to give up!

“To love is not weak. Love is the strongest thing there is.”

Aiden has to battle Al
Ratings: 4.5 stars
This was another amazing installment in the covenant series! Just like all the others, this book kept me wanting more as I continued through the story. There was a ton of action going on throughout the book that made me not want to put the book down! And there was way more romance than I thought there was going to be, which is a plus for me :) And might I add that this is my favorite cover out of all the books in the series. I am now dying for the release of Sentinel, the final
I wish I would have read this series before I read her others (like lux, wicked, and the dark elements) because they set the bar so high. I like this series a lot but still isn't my favorite of hers. Giving this a 3.5. I'm liking it but hopefully with the last book I'll love it. Still very excited to see how this all plays out.

Read full reviews and more here
Molli Moran
Dec 03, 2014 Molli Moran marked it as ongoing-series
After finishing DEITY:

After seeing the cover:

After seeing the synopsis:

A Million More Pages: 4 - Apollyon (Covenant): Jun 15 20 22 Jun 24, 2015 09:11AM
Right.. It's killing me. Does Seth die in this book? 40 153 Oct 28, 2014 12:01AM
Which element would you want to control? 3 10 May 30, 2014 04:18AM
Let's Get It Para...: Apollyon 1 4 Dec 15, 2013 11:36AM
Pregnant...? 15 218 Oct 04, 2013 10:18AM
LUXEN Army: Apollyon Discussion (spoilers) 1 14 Sep 05, 2013 07:44AM
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Covenant (6 books)
  • Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • One and Only (Covenant)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)

“We had no idea what waited ahead of us, other than the big, fat unknown, and most likely a big, fat kick in the face. The gravity of that was killing me-killing us

I squared my shoulders. "Release the Kraken!"

Several sets of eyes settled on me.

"What?" I gave a lopsided shrug. "I've always wanted to yell that since I saw that movie. Seemed like the perfect moment.”
“What is it with the St. Delphi brothers and their attraction to halfs?” 147 likes