Start by marking “Anna Karenina, Vol 2 of 8” as Want to Read:
Anna Karenina, Vol 2 of 8

Anna Karenina, Vol 2 of 8 (Anna Karenina 8 volumes)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  259 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Paperback, EasyRead Comfort Edition, 268 pages
Published by ReadHowYouWant.com (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Anna Karenina, Vol 2 of 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna Karenina, Vol 2 of 8

Fatema Hassan , bahrain

It is so easy through reading this novel to see the different dynamics of life that a married women could always face as a temporary lover even if it doesn't show yet at this chapter but it's all up in the air.

The very end of the second chapter is from 107 to 218
with slow developments specially at the events, boring dialogue, but so far coming to see that the relationship between / Anna & Vronsky / is still kind of a mess and mysterious full with fear of falling in love and the consequences
Michael
May 24, 2012 Michael rated it really liked it
Anna Karenina is a marathon read: you have to keep going, and going, and going with the endurance of the Energizer bunny, but the rewards are many to him who perseveres. Some scenes are amazingly well done, especially the parts involving Anna Karenina, her uninvited visit to see her son, and her tragic demise into jealously, panic attacks, and suicide. Anna and Count Vronski’s story is a downward spiral: the wages of sin bring forth so much hurt, loss, and death for themselves and everyone who i ...more
Eustachio
Se non partiamo dal presupposto che Anna Karenina non fa solo da personaggio ma anche e soprattutto da emblema per la Russia dell'Ottocento — contraddittoria, ipocrita, affascinante, inquieta —, non è strano chiedersi il perché del titolo, per poi scoprire senza stupore che in realtà doveva essere Le due coppie: Anna è protagonista e centro della storia, ma Levin ha un ruolo altrettanto importante, e a naso direi che le sue vicende e i suoi pensieri hanno molto più spazio di quelli di Anna.
La do
Rebekah Colvin
Feb 07, 2014 Rebekah Colvin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
iI really am not liking anna
Wynnie
May 24, 2012 Wynnie rated it liked it
Reading Tolstoy helped immensely with understanding how important paragraph transitions are in good, linear, narrative writing. I write in a fragmented style that's just hard to read. I learned more about not abruptly jumping from scene to scene, by hinting about each paragraph's future. I think more about where to end a paragraph and where to start the next one now.
Emily
May 24, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Will it ever end? Their lives just keep going forever. I like it, but feel like I will probably be reading it for the rest of my life.

I've finally finished. Right now, I think I like Dostoyevsky better. Anna was more about daily life and the trials people face, but I like a little bit more story to go along with it.
Sherry Jeffery
Jul 13, 2012 Sherry Jeffery rated it really liked it
It definitely took me a long time to read but I really enjoyed it. Unlike many other books, I have vivid recollections of sections of the book long after having read it. It encourages me to read other classics.
Oaø
May 24, 2012 Oaø rated it it was amazing
Et av disse underlige sammentreffene: Akkurat når jeg begynner å lese dette 140 år gamle verket, finner Die Zeit det for godt å anbefale det (pga en ny tysk oversettelse).
~Lyn~
May 24, 2012 ~Lyn~ added it
Inilah karya besar Leo Tolstoi tentang perselingkuhan. Di tengah-tengah maraknya perselingkuhan sekarang ini, buku ini akan memperluas pandangan kita mengenai cinta, perkawinan, dan keluarga.
Michaela T
May 24, 2012 Michaela T rated it liked it
A lot of the drama in the climax was a little frustrating to me, and I would prefer a different ending. All in all, I'd still recommend this to someone who enjoys this writing style.
Mozhde
May 24, 2012 Mozhde rated it really liked it
There's only one real love in whole universe and that's the Love of God. Only in God one can trust forever .

One will be fed up with anything else in this world.
Mel
May 24, 2012 Mel rated it liked it
debi agregar este libro hace tiempo lo tengo hace dos meses ...more
Anna
May 24, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
Jälkimmäisellä osalla Tolstoi sitten kolahti!
Mircea Poeana
Oct 09, 2012 Mircea Poeana rated it it was amazing
The woman that you will never be able to keep.
Kristy Marie
Kristy Marie rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Clare Shepherd
Clare Shepherd marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Nadia
Nadia rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Me
Me marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Julie Brazier
Julie Brazier rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Christina T
Christina T rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2016
Kellys
Kellys rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Ch
Ch rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2015
Željko
Željko rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Yanny Haryadi
Yanny Haryadi marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Ade
Ade rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
Reina
Reina marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Elwin Rafflesio
Elwin Rafflesio marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Vente
Vente added it
Aug 11, 2015
  • Jim Thompson: The Unsolved Myst
  • Asanas: 608 Yoga Postures
  • Long Distance Love
  • Holy Bible: Reformation Study Bible (ESV)
  • Fall of Paris
  • Yang Galau Yang Meracau: Curhat (Tuan) Setan
  • Winnie The Pooh Treasury
  • The Little Bear Treasury: Little Bear/ Little Bear's Friend/ Little Bear's Visit
  • The Long Day Wanes: A Malayan Trilogy
  • Dari Penjara Ke Penjara Bagian Dua
  • Nagara Kretagama: Tafsir Sejarah
  • 50 Poems
  • J.B.
Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy (Russian: Лев Николаевич Толстой; commonly Leo Tolstoy in Anglophone countries) was a Russian writer who primarily wrote novels and short stories. Later in life, he also wrote plays and essays. His two most famous works, the novels War and Peace and Anna Karenina, are acknowledged as two of the greatest novels of all time and a pinnacle of realist fiction. Many consider To ...more
More about Leo Tolstoy...

Anna Karenina 8 volumes (8 books)
  • Anna Karenina, Vol 1 of 8