Anna Karenina, Vol 2 of 8

Anna Karenina, Vol 2 of 8 (Anna Karenina 8 volumes)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  239 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Paperback, EasyRead Comfort Edition, 268 pages
Published by ReadHowYouWant.com

Michael
Anna Karenina is a marathon read: you have to keep going, and going, and going with the endurance of the Energizer bunny, but the rewards are many to him who perseveres. Some scenes are amazingly well done, especially the parts involving Anna Karenina, her uninvited visit to see her son, and her tragic demise into jealously, panic attacks, and suicide. Anna and Count Vronski’s story is a downward spiral: the wages of sin bring forth so much hurt, loss, and death for themselves and everyone who i...more
Rebekah Colvin
iI really am not liking anna
Wynnie
Reading Tolstoy helped immensely with understanding how important paragraph transitions are in good, linear, narrative writing. I write in a fragmented style that's just hard to read. I learned more about not abruptly jumping from scene to scene, by hinting about each paragraph's future. I think more about where to end a paragraph and where to start the next one now.
Emily
Will it ever end? Their lives just keep going forever. I like it, but feel like I will probably be reading it for the rest of my life.

I've finally finished. Right now, I think I like Dostoyevsky better. Anna was more about daily life and the trials people face, but I like a little bit more story to go along with it.
Sherry Jeffery
It definitely took me a long time to read but I really enjoyed it. Unlike many other books, I have vivid recollections of sections of the book long after having read it. It encourages me to read other classics.
Oaø
Et av disse underlige sammentreffene: Akkurat når jeg begynner å lese dette 140 år gamle verket, finner Die Zeit det for godt å anbefale det (pga en ny tysk oversettelse).
~Lyn~
May 24, 2012 ~Lyn~ added it
Inilah karya besar Leo Tolstoi tentang perselingkuhan. Di tengah-tengah maraknya perselingkuhan sekarang ini, buku ini akan memperluas pandangan kita mengenai cinta, perkawinan, dan keluarga.
Michaela T
A lot of the drama in the climax was a little frustrating to me, and I would prefer a different ending. All in all, I'd still recommend this to someone who enjoys this writing style.
Mozhde
There's only one real love in whole universe and that's the Love of God. Only in God one can trust forever .

One will be fed up with anything else in this world.
Mel
debi agregar este libro hace tiempo ¬¬ lo tengo hace dos meses
Anna
Jälkimmäisellä osalla Tolstoi sitten kolahti!
Mircea Poeana
The woman that you will never be able to keep.
Djpens
Djpens marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Ameliya Febriyan
Ameliya Febriyan marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Wuwun Nurul
Wuwun Nurul marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Seneng M
Seneng M marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Enii Noor nugraheni
Enii Noor nugraheni is currently reading it
Nov 18, 2013
Ebtsamgamal
Ebtsamgamal marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Inna
Inna added it
Nov 01, 2013
Johan
Johan marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Leo
Leo added it
Aug 29, 2013
Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy (Russian: Лев Николаевич Толстой; commonly Leo Tolstoy in Anglophone countries) was a Russian writer who primarily wrote novels and short stories. Later in life, he also wrote plays and essays. His two most famous works, the novels War and Peace and Anna Karenina, are acknowledged as two of the greatest novels of all time and a pinnacle of realist fiction. Many consider To...more
More about Leo Tolstoy...
Anna Karenina War and Peace The Death of Ivan Ilych The Kreutzer Sonata Resurrection