Start by marking “Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play: Transforming the Buyer/Seller Relationship” as Want to Read:
Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play: Transforming the Buyer/Seller Relationship

Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play: Transforming the Buyer/Seller Relationship

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The new way to transform a sales culture with clarity, authenticity, and emotional intelligence. Too often, the sales process is all about fear. Customers are afraid that they will be talked into making a mistake; salespeople dread being unable to close the deal and make their quotas. No one is happy. Mahan Khalsa and Randy Illig offer a better way. Salespeople, they argue ...more
Published October 30th 2008 by Portfolio

To ask other readers questions about Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play

Brian
Feb 18, 2009 Brian rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is the book that all of my business relationships are based on. I have a copy at home, a copy in the office and a copy ready to give away. I refer to what I take away with each read several times each day.
Brittany Podolak
I had an opportunity to work with the authors of this book on a big project at work. The book lays out the foundation for an in-field training system for salesmakers. The premise of the book (and the system) is to focus on the customers' exact needs by spending much more time in discovery and less time "pitching". A must read for anyone in relationship sales.
55Yd5WF388
Excellent sales book. The de facto reference at my company for sales people and it works really well.

Good ideas, well put together and good takeaways you can actually use. I particularly like the sound bites and "3 part response" I have used verbatim with a number of clients and they worked exactly as expected.
Wilbert Van Der Kruk
Excellent structured method for sales and consultative selling and early strategy analysis. I have sort of learned it by heart, having received training from the author (Khalsa) himself twice, listening to the audio book and training my colleagues in this method. I highly recommend it.
Josephine
Work related book as I attended two days of sales training with the sales guys. Very interesting two days and the principles in the book corresponds well with what I believe in and hopefully also generate: Integrity and doing your job with a conscience. I really like the thought of transforming from the old-fashined and often negative word "sales person" to a "trusted business advisor". Key words for me: High-integrity, trustworthy & win-win relationships. As a benefit: Increased business op ...more
Thomas
interesting take on things, your boss won't like it.
Brendan
Best book on sales I've ever read.
Stacy
This book was chosen for a book club discussion. Usually we read a book throughout the month before and then have the chat about it. Since the book is full of detailed, practical information, it would actually be one that is better to discuss by chapter. I found myself reading slower because I wanted to retain more of the information. It is a great reference to have and definitely a better way to be in sales. I can see the method as one to apply beyond the business-to-business relationship].
Paul Lanigan
The is the Sandler Selling System written by a client. The concepts are identical
Sarah Phillips
Jun 24, 2010 Sarah Phillips is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Only read the first 50 pages or so thus far. This guy is full of himself! I had a hard time getting through the foreward. He gushed about himself and his impressive credentials until I hated him! Once I got into the content, this diminished. There seems to be some useful info, but we'll see as I continue.
Mohamed
If you are in a B2B sales role, this is a must read book.
I like the examples, they way the book is organized and definitely i will try the framework.
Keith Brooks
Wanted to like it and did on some levels but it left me with some good dogears so not so bad.
Eddie Williams
Solid read for servant hearted sales people
Bernard Fruga
Emphatic communication is the best selling tool.
Lydia Mcfield
Lydia Mcfield is currently reading it
Aug 31, 2015
John Brunetti
John Brunetti marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Deni Davis
Deni Davis marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Jeremy Wise
Jeremy Wise marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Mindaugas
Mindaugas is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Vivek
Vivek marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Brian Carroll
Brian Carroll is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2015
Todd Schock
Todd Schock marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Jessica
Jessica is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2015
Michelle O'Connor
Michelle O'Connor is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2015
Hannah Frisch
Hannah Frisch marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Me 2.0: Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success
  • The Joy of Not Working:  A Book for the Retired, Unemployed and Overworked
  • The S.P.I.N. Selling Fieldbook: Practical Tools, Methods, Exercises and Resources
  • Your Next Move: The Leader's Guide to Navigating Major Career Transitions
  • Who Gets Promoted, Who Doesn't, and Why: 10 Things You'd Better Do If You Want to Get Ahead
  • The 12 Bad Habits That Hold Good People Back: Overcoming the Behavior Patterns That Keep You From Getting Ahead
  • MBA in a Day: What You Would Learn at Top-Tier Business Schools (If You Only Had the Time!)
  • It's Not What You Sell, It's What You Stand For: Why Every Extraordinary Business is Driven by Purpose
  • You Majored in What?: Mapping Your Path From Chaos to Career
  • Zen and the Art of Making a Living: A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design
  • The Brand You50 (Reinventing Work): Fifty Ways to Transform Yourself from an "Employee" into a Brand That Shouts Distinction, Commitment, and Passion!
  • The Inner Game of Work: Focus, Learning, Pleasure, and Mobility in the Workplace
  • Co-Active Coaching: New Skills for Coaching People Toward Success in Work and, Life
  • The Art of Woo: Using Strategic Persuasion to Sell Your Ideas
  • The Flip Side: Break Free of the Behaviors That Hold You Back
  • CAD Monkeys, Dinosaur Babies, and T-Shaped People: Inside the World of Design Thinking and How It Can Spark Creativity and Innovati on
  • The New Positioning: The Latest on the World's #1 Business Strategy
  • Emily Post's The Etiquette Advantage in Business: Personal Skills for Professional Success
Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play: The Demise of 20th Century Selling & the Advent of Helping Clients Succeed Business Think Sell, Sell, Sell!: Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play; Sell Yourself First; Snap Selling BusinessThink: Rules for Getting It Right--Now, and No Matter What! Businessthink: Rules for Getting It Rightnow, and No Matter What!

“The client’s question, “Are we getting the best deal?” (price negotiation) is very different from “Can we afford this?” (value justification); it is important to understand the difference.” 0 likes
“Consultants, being the intelligent people we are, have formalized the guessing process; we call it a proposal.” 0 likes