Doctor Who: Relative Dimensions

Doctor Who: Relative Dimensions (New Eighth Doctor Adventures #4.07)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Christmas is a time for family, they say – which is why the Doctor has invited his grand-daughter Susan, and great-grandson Alex for Christmas dinner in his time and space machine. But who, or what, is the spectre at their yuletide feast?

Venturing deep into the dark heart of the TARDIS, Susan uncovers her past, Alex is told his future – and the Doctor finds himself caught...more
Published December 2010

sabisteb
Lucie Miller ist immer noch sauer wegen der Ereignisse in “Death In Blackpool”, zumindest glaubt das der Doktor. Er glaubt, dass er ihr ein Weihnachtsfest schuldet, nachdem er ihr das letzte ruiniert hat. Aus diesem Grund lädt er sein Familie in die Tardis zum Weihnachtsessen ein, also seine Enkelin Susan und deren Sohn Alex. Doch plötzlich taucht da so ein seltsamer Fisch auf, der durch die Dimensionen springt und auch der Doktor ist gleich mehrfach vorhanden.

OK, zwei Weihnachtsepisoden in ein...more
Mel
"look Lucie SOCKS!"
So at first I wasn't sure about Susan in a comedy Christmas adventure. But it really feels like after all of Susan's trauma she really deserved it. I normally don't like the comedy 8th Doctor episodes but this was quite fun. (Though could have done without the First Christmas narration!)
I liked how Susan kept reminding the Doctor that he left her and it wasn't her choice to stay,except in a way it was and that kind of removed her agency and it was probably better to have sai...more
Wendy
Gayle
Reminded me a little of the Doctor Who tv christmas special from 2010 with the fish, but apart from that, it was a nice little story. My last 'encounter' with Lucie Miller was in "Death in Blackpool" where at the end she decided not to travel with the Doctor anymore, so I was surprised to see her back (perhaps I should listen to stories in order, in future!). Nice to have the Doctor with his family - granddaughter Susan, and great-grandson Alex (Paul McGann's son, Jake).

This was an enjoyable chr...more
Maya Granger
Such a cute little TARDIS domestic story.
Nicholas Whyte
I am not a huge fan of McGann's Doctor, but this time he seemed to me to nail the character of the moody, neurotic, somewhat needy Time Lord who is trying to do a little bit of good. I wasn't wild about the plot - the idea of pets taking over the Tardis has been done before, and done better; and I'm not convinced by the younger McGann. But as a story about the Eighth Doctor I thought it worked well enough.
Steven
Silly, sentimental Christmas story with Lucie, Susan and Alex
Debra Cook
It was an okay adventure but not a great one.
Shelby Smith
Shelby Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Matt #2
Matt #2 marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Alannah
Alannah marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Holly Mcmiller
Holly Mcmiller marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Raven
Raven added it
Dec 11, 2013
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Dallas
Dallas marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Marc Platt is a British writer. He is most known for his work with the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who.

After studying catering at a technical college, Platt worked first for Trust House Forte, and then in administration for the BBC. He wrote the Doctor Who serial Ghost Light based on two proposals, one of which later became the novel Lungbarrow. That novel was greatly anticipated...more
More about Marc Platt...
Cat's Cradle: Time's Crucible Lungbarrow Doctor Who: Spare Parts (Big Finish Audio Drama, #34) Doctor Who: Loups Garoux (Big Finish Audio Drama, #20) Doctor Who: Ghost Light (Target Doctor Who Library, No. 149)