Start by marking “The Gothic Line: Canada's Month of Hell in World War II Italy” as Want to Read:
The Gothic Line: Canada's Month of Hell in World War II Italy

The Gothic Line: Canada's Month of Hell in World War II Italy (Canadian Battle #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  1 review
Stretching like an armor-toothed belt across Italy's upper thigh, the Gothic Line was the most fiercely defended position of Hitler's army, but a bloody 28-day offensive led by Canada's first Infantry Division ruptured the German defenses and opened the way for an Allied advance. Through the vivid stories of the soldiers who fought there, this dramatic book recounts a forg ...more
Published October 18th 2006 by Douglas & McIntyre (first published September 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Gothic Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gothic Line

Rick
I was in Chapters, saw this book, and I know Mark Zuehlkes books well. I flipped to the back to see if there was a chance my father would be mentioned and there were almost a dozen pages references. My wife found me about twenty minutes later, with tears in my eyes, reading my father's words.

R
Jb3
Jb3 marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
KolbZilla
KolbZilla marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Mark Symons
Mark Symons marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Mjs1981
Mjs1981 marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Matthew Barlow
Matthew Barlow marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Luke Mcivor
Luke Mcivor marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Brittany Kay
Brittany Kay marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Philippe
Philippe marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Steven Molenkamp
Steven Molenkamp marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Dave
Dave added it
Mar 09, 2014
Sm4cksm4sh
Sm4cksm4sh marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Michael Smith
Michael Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
312061
On January 1, 1981, Mark Zuehlke walked away from a journalism career to pursue magazine and book writing fulltime. He has never looked back. In 1992, Mark published his first book—Magazine Writing From the Boonies (co-authored with Louise Donnelly)—and now concentrates almost exclusively on writing of books.

Fascinated by Canada’s military heritage, Mark first set to writing about the role Canadia
More about Mark Zuehlke...

Canadian Battle (7 books)
  • Ortona: Canada's Epic World War II Battle
  • The Liri Valley: Canada's World War II Breakthrough to Rome
  • Juno Beach: Canada's D-Day Victory, June 6, 1944
  • Holding Juno: Canada’s Heroic Defence of the D-Day Beaches: June 7-12, 1944
  • Terrible Victory: First Canadian Army and the Scheldt Estuary Campaign: September 13 - November 6, 1944
  • Operation Husky
Juno Beach: Canada's D-Day Victory, June 6, 1944 Ortona: Canada's Epic World War II Battle Holding Juno: Canada’s Heroic Defence of the D-Day Beaches: June 7-12, 1944 The Liri Valley: Canada's World War II Breakthrough to Rome Terrible Victory: First Canadian Army and the Scheldt Estuary Campaign: September 13 - November 6, 1944