Start by marking “George Mueller” as Want to Read:
George Mueller

George Mueller

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  138 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Fascinating biographies of men who lived for God.
Published June 1st 1958 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about George Mueller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about George Mueller

Matthias
Oct 26, 2015 Matthias rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book “The Guardian of Bristol’s Orphans - George Müller” was written by Janet & Geoff Benge. It was published in Seattle Washington in 1999. George Müller led an amazing life after he stopped drinking and gambling. The author describes how there were so many miracles in Georges life that it is impossible to list them all in one book. The author does not make George look like the antagonist or protagonist. He is both. His life changes from stealing, gambling, and lying to taking in kids i ...more
Rebekah Anast
Mueller was a rebel. Family, church, religion - all of them rejected him because he followed God - and God alone. Mueller believed God was his provider, and if God did not provide, then he (George) would simply stop feeding and caring for the orphans of England. Needless to say, he never did.
Gord Davies
ANOTHER AMAZING TESTIMONY OF AN AVERAGE ORDINARY MAN WHO DOES UNBELIEVABLE THINGS THROUGH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, HE WAS TOTALLY SOLD OUT FOR GOD!!!
Victoria
I've known of George Mueller for quite some time now, and when I told a friend of mine about him, she got this book and then let me borrow it (which before I read it, I noticed my mom had the same book. . oh well). It is about a man from Germany who was a bit of a rebellious teenager but found compelled to change his life through seeing a man humble himself before the Lord. He decided to have faith in the Lord to provide for all his needs, and to place him on the mission field. For decades this ...more
Kevin
Apr 22, 2014 Kevin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for school. Decent biography. George Mueller's story deserves a better book, though.
Sally
Sep 12, 2010 Sally rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very simple read, however, it gives a good overview of his life and faith. Reminded me of God's constant presence in our hectic lives, and the promises of God to fulfill our needs. This book, albeit brief, was encouraging and a breath of fresh air. Would like to read George Mueller's autobiography as it may give me more insight into his personal reaction with waiting on and being blessed by God.
Kendall
Apr 29, 2011 Kendall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: DEEP Christians
Great Christian book about the life of a troublemaker that turned his life around to God to be a missionary to Jews and orphans. It is strictly for Christians and even I think that it counts too hard on God,though you should. He's worse than a Jesus freak. But it's a good message so it's fine with me. Overall, a good Christian book.
Paul
Nov 16, 2007 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this isn't the authoritative biography on George Mueller. in fact, it reads more like a fictional story based on true events. however, though the book itself is somewhat juvenile, after getting a taste of this man's intimate life with God, i can't help but want to buy his autobiography. george mueller was the man.
Emma Oliver
Jul 31, 2013 Emma Oliver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
George Mueller is a very inspirational man, his strong faith, and work for God in His life have influenced and encouraged me in my faith and life.
Called by God to start an orphanage, this biography tells the story of George and all the highs and lows of his faith as he serves God.
May 04, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing true story of a man who rebelled against everyone but God. He relied on God to provide for building orphanages to house 2000 children without asking anyone for money except God alone and He provided!!! What a man of faith and prayer!
Michelle  (The Crazy Cat Lady)
I was homeschooled in an accelerated Christian program (and if you think that tells you everything you need to know about me and my parents, you're wrong); this was among the more boring stuff I had to read.
Rebecca Hughes
Jun 18, 2013 Rebecca Hughes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very inspiring book about a man and how far faith can take you. Wonderfully written!!
Batsaikhan
I from mongolia my name Saikhan
This is book very nice and interesting
Josh Wheeler
Oct 26, 2007 Josh Wheeler rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
It's a good story about his work with the orphans of Bristol, England.
Breanna Argeropoulos
AMAZING faith is all I can say.
Linnea
Sep 29, 2014 Linnea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good...challenging
Linda
Jan 01, 2011 Linda rated it liked it
Christian Classic
Kevin
This mans testimony of prayer will lead one to a deeper faith in God.
Becca Yourneighbor
Becca Yourneighbor rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2016
Samuel Mcintosh
Samuel Mcintosh marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Kimmie Owens
Kimmie Owens is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2016
Sandy Borg
Sandy Borg marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Selina
Selina marked it as to-read
Justine Alor
Justine Alor marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen added it
David
David added it
Jan 05, 2016
Kristina Rimmer
Kristina Rimmer rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
  • Knowing God by Name: Names of God That Bring Hope and Healing
  • More Jesus, Less Religion: Moving from Rules to Relationship
  • Corrie Ten Boom: Keeper of the Angels' Den (Chrisitan Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Scribbling in the Sand