Start by marking “Setting Limits: How to Raise Responsible, Independent Children by Providing CLEAR Boundaries” as Want to Read:

Start Setting Effective Limits — Now!
Do your children misbehave? Do they repeatedly ignore or refuse your requests for proper behavior? Are you constantly fluctuating between permissive and authoritarian parenting, with little or no success? Are you convinced there has to be a better way? There is. Setting Limits will help you establish the positive, respectful, and instru
Paperback, Revised, Expanded, Second Edition, 384 pages
Published March 11th 1998 by Harmony (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Setting Limits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Setting Limits

Beyza
Mar 18, 2015 Beyza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kitap Adı: Çocuğunuza Sınır Koyma
Öncelikle kitabın adını bu şekilde uyarlayanlara selam ederim. Son kelimeye bir –k ekleseydiniz de en azından verilmek istenen anlam ilk okunuşta biraz daha anlaşılabilseydi.

Yazar: Robert J. Mackenzi
“Bir aile terapisti ve eğitimsel psikologdur. Otuz yılı aşkın bir süredir edindiği deneyimlerle çocukların öğrenim ve davranış sorunlarının düzeltilmesi üzerine ailelere ve öğretmenlere yardım etmektedir.”

Kitap türü biraz daha kişisel gelişime kaydığı için insan yazar
Kronik kronik
May 05, 2010 Kronik kronik rated it really liked it
TR / Türkçe / Turkish:

Aşağıda kitabı okuduktan sonra çıkardığım kısa bir özet var. Sürekli hatırlamak için güzel bir yol oldu benim için...

KURALLARI UYGULAMA
- Keyfi / Değişken / Kararsız / Tutarsız olmamalı
- Yaptırımsız / Aşırı ceza kullanarak uygulanmamalı
- Sorumluluk verme (sonuçlardan çocuk sorumlu)
- Sınırları net, eksiksiz, sonuçlarıyla birlikte verme
- Davranışsal destek (rol model oluşturma)

DANS
- Ana-baba – çocuk arasında çözümsüzlüğe götüren gereksiz söz ve hareketler
- Vakit kaybı
- Öfke, s
Brenda Brown
Jan 25, 2012 Brenda Brown rated it it was amazing
Read this book after a particularly difficult week with the 6-yo. Started implementing strategies immediately and really noticed a difference. I think the important part (for me) was recognizing how I contribute to the "dance" we get into of bargaining, negotiating, being annoyed, arguing, punishments. Stopping the steps of the dance and moving to action steps that are clear and focused without being angry has really helped -- both me and my son. We've not had a homework argument or a ...more
Holly
Jan 26, 2008 Holly rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best parenting books I have read. The author isn't shamelessly self-promoting like the "Love & Logic" or "Screamfree Parenting" authors are, and it reads easier than "The Power of Positive Parenting." His approach makes sense and fits well with my set of values. It allows the parents to be in charge while still respecting, not purely manipulating, their children. I would recommend to anyone with kids.
Kim
Apr 09, 2009 Kim rated it really liked it
Relatively neutral parenting advice, offering suggestions for those on either end of the permissive/punitive spectrum. Life with a toddler, even a good toddler, can be unpleasant at times--the ideas in this book help diminish that unpleasantness. Pairs well with Supernanny's time-out ideas (the book's are a little harder to follow/swallow for me).
Bethany
Jul 21, 2008 Bethany rated it it was amazing
This book completely changed the way our son responds to us. It helped both my husband and I so much in dealing with two-year-old drama and tantrums. It's also made a huge difference with my sister and her four kids.
Fustero
Feb 06, 2014 Fustero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro muy recomendable para padres con hijos de cualquier edad. Te enseña a poner unos límites claros y sencillos y a darte cuenta de los errores que puedes estar cometiendo. Te aporta otra visión sobre las normas o sobre los castigos muy clarificadora.
Carol Muleta
Don't say it if you don't mean it -- It's that simple. This book helps parents, teachers, and caregivers consider what matters and what doesn't before taking the next step toward establishing and enforcing limits.
Madziar
Apr 15, 2014 Madziar rated it liked it
"Kiedy pozwolić, kiedy zabronić". Ciekawa książka, ale nieco męcząca w odbiorze przez zbyt dużą liczbę przykładów i częste powtórzenia Wyczerpać temat można by w zasadzie już w 100 stronach - wtedy byłaby bardzo dobra.
Natxo Cruz
Deixant de banda algunes qüestions menors, com ara la traducció o un format de manual de secundària, aquest llibre és una excel·lent ajuda als qui tenim fills quan ens arriba el moment d'exercir d'educadors per primera vegada.
Erica
Jan 29, 2010 Erica rated it liked it
Alas, I'm reviewing parenting books. But this was very practical, and really spoke to me. I could identify myself and my child in Mackenzie's examples, and I'm anxious to start using his techniques.
Kathleen O'Mara
Apr 17, 2008 Kathleen O'Mara rated it it was amazing
Clearly, this book should be read before one has children. but if you've already blown that time table, read this book anyway.

Alyssa Brigandi
I like this book. It gives your child limits but helps them make thr right choices; so that they feel included and have some kind of control. It's an on-going read, reference.
Rachel
Nov 04, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I am enjoying this book because it is giving me some good ideas to reduce the frustration and yelling at my house.
Nicole
Dec 15, 2008 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Common sense approach to discipline w/o spanking, natural & logical consequences & respect on both sides.
Shelley
May 26, 2009 Shelley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: parenting
A great parenting book that cuts out all the unpleasantness of bargaining and pleading with kids, using a clear command followed by a logical consequence.
Mustafa.Aydogduyahoo.Com
Mustafa.Aydogduyahoo.Com rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Elvira Bonmati
Elvira Bonmati rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Ebru Yılmaz Çatuk
Ebru Yılmaz Çatuk rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2010
Esra Gülgönül
Esra Gülgönül rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Elif Ozcan
Elif Ozcan rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2012
Bahar
Bahar rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2010
Emily Cable mckenna
Emily Cable mckenna rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2013
Colleen Wilkinson
Colleen Wilkinson rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Stupid Things Parents Do to Mess Up Their Kids
  • Your Kids Are Your Own Fault: A Guide for Raising Responsible, Productive Adults
  • Father Knows Less Or: "Can I Cook My Sister?": One Dad's Quest to Answer His Son's Most Baffling Questions
  • Building Better Families: A Practical Guide to Raising Amazing Children
  • Raising Children Who Think for Themselves
  • Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World: Seven Building Blocks for Developing Capable Young People
  • İnsan İnsana
  • Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles: Winning for a Lifetime
  • SOS: Help for Parents
  • Real Boys: Rescuing Our Sons from the Myths of Boyhood
  • Ja maar wat als alles lukt?
  • Parenting Today's Adolescent: Helping Your Child Avoid the Traps of the Preteen and Teen Years
  • Toyman (Dumarest of Terra #3)
  • Gospel-Centred Family
  • Raising Confident Boys: 100 Tips For Parents And Teachers
  • Mommy Mantras: Affirmations and Insights to Keep You From Losing Your Mind
  • The Two Moons (Giants, #1-2)
  • Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting