Start by marking “Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message” as Want to Read:
Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message

Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  7,677 Ratings  ·  214 Reviews
Rich Dad, Poor Dad author and motivational speaker Robert T. Kiyosaki and celebrity rich man Donald J. Trump join forces to come to the aid of America's shrinking middle class. These thriving multimillionaires give advice designed to help average readers expand their wealth in the harsh economy. Firm steps towards financial literacy.

From book cover:

The world is facing many
Hardcover, First edition, 345 pages
Published October 30th 2006 by Rich Press (first published 2006)

Lilo
Jul 23, 2016 Lilo rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone who wishes to get a clear picture of Donald Trump's qualities
I read this book a few years ago and found it nothing but hot air and repeated empty bla bla. I dumped the book somewhere towards the end, as I did not wish to waste any more time.

Why do I bother to review this book now? The answer is clear: I am afraid that Mr. Trump's big words (such as "I will make America great again") are also nothing but hot air. Not only that. I am also afraid that Mr. Trump's belligerent attitude towards Iran might lead to a WWIII in case Mr. Trump succeeded in becoming
Chance Maree
Jul 06, 2016 Chance Maree rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
Trash like this shows how little respect the 'authors' have for suckers who buy their books. ( I did not buy it, but was unfortunate enough to open it only for the excruciating eye-ball trauma-inducing time necessary to stub my toe on its shallowness. ) All marketing BS, made to lure and then fleece people looking to better their lives. Snake salesmen of old would have been run out of town, or lynched for less obvious fraud. Filled with useless information in an obvious attempt to lure fools ...more
Jason
Mar 31, 2008 Jason rated it did not like it
Got this as a Christmas gift. It is a TERRIBLE book.
The whole book is them sucking up to each other, saying how much they love to teach, and how you should buy their other books. That is honestly the entire book.

DO NOT BUY THIS - HUGE WASTE OF MONEY!
Vaishali Joglekar
Jun 24, 2016 Vaishali Joglekar rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
A collection of tips from two titans. The quote-notes below are huge, so if you're lacking time, just scan this revealing Trump-Kiyosaki conversation first:

-----
Donald : “There’s something else. You and I look at making money as a game. We have fun. We enjoy the game. Sometimes we lose, but mainly we win… but most people don’t see making money as a game. They think of it as life and death, winners and losers.“

Robert : “Survival, the struggle for life or death itself. Which is why they are terri
David
Jul 16, 2011 David rated it it was ok
Not a great book, but not the worst one I have ever read.

The advice given is to invest in real estate and participate in multi-level marketing schemes. Of course, the book is from 2006, when real estate was a lot more popular than now. (and maybe multi-level marketing as well). Of course, in the subsequent years we saw that at least every man, woman and child investing in real estate perhaps wasn'
t a hot idea. And as far as multi-level marketing-the advice given doesn't seem to take the products
Jen Kylander
Aug 10, 2016 Jen Kylander rated it liked it
I didn't like the style of this book, dual opinions on many different topics regarding wealth creation. It was a horrible read for the good first part but it did have interesting stories sprinkled throughout the book to drive me to the second half, where it was better. Some of the stories will stick with me, like Trump's about the history student who seemed like an expert on WWII. He said learning about it made him realize he needed to learn about WWI and the history that preceeded that. ...more
Dante
Jan 17, 2009 Dante rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! It's not a "how to get rich" book, but more of a "why you should be rich" book.

Great read for any entrepreneur or middle-class person!
Marsha
Jan 02, 2010 Marsha rated it it was amazing
The authors say that they feel that people should be "rich" so that they can have money to take care of themselves. They say that too many people rely on the government to take care of them when they get older; i.e. social security. They say that the government is not reliable and you should be able to take care of yourself. Managing your money well is important. Financial education is important. They suggest investing in real estate and if you have the skills and capability, perhaps start your ...more
Quintin Merwe
Aug 06, 2011 Quintin Merwe rated it really liked it
A very good realization struck near the end of the book. I think that most people would understand the purpose of the book to find out how to become rich.... but read the title again...."Why we want you to be rich"
This in itself tells you that your about to embark on a journey of opinion (informed in most cases I have to say) about (you guessed it).. WHY they want us to be rich!
The writing style of the book did not resonate with me from the get go. Especially the part written by Robert, as he
Dustin Douglas
Feb 22, 2009 Dustin Douglas rated it did not like it
An ego stroke for the both of them, not worth your time or money. I listened to the audio tapes and they didn't even record the tapes themselves. SELL OUTS
Sharise Cunningham
May 27, 2015 Sharise Cunningham rated it liked it
Shelves: business, finance
First off, don't read this expecting to learn the HOW of becoming rich. It is about WHY, and that means these two business powerhouses explain the problems with our country's social security system, and other programs. In brief, don't expect the government, your company, or any other institution to set you up for a comfortable life or retirement.

By understanding the flaws in our systems you are better able to understand why YOU need to take control of your own financial future by acquiring finan
Cherilyn Willoughby
Jul 30, 2007 Cherilyn Willoughby rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
The points and concerns brought out by the Trump and Kiosaki are really intresting to think about. The advice seems compelling and I think Donald Trump is just hilarious sometimes, so I like hearing what he has to say. I don't watch The Apprentice so that version of him isn't where my opinion reflects from. I've read other books of his.

I think the content of the book is important for society to know and read. I feel the facts concerning the generations before us, ours, and our future generation
Chris
Oct 08, 2008 Chris rated it did not like it
This book is really just a pitch for their other products, Trump University and the Rich Dad books and games. While I think it is easy to admire both men as smart and successful businessmen, I think it is extremely dangerous to tell the average American to take risks with their investments. They do bring up some good points to help encourage or motivate people, however the whole book just seemed like a sales pitch.
Princeton
Apr 18, 2015 Princeton rated it really liked it
Another home run from Robert K and I was thoroughly surprised by the views and intellect of Donald T. I really felt motivated reading this book and it makes me feel like with the right type of thinking and heading toward my goals I can accomplish anything. It is a must read if you're a fan of either man.
Tawnee
Oct 09, 2014 Tawnee rated it did not like it
This book was probably a 3 to 4 star rating when it was released, but now the information is obsolete in my opinion. Things have changed and a lot of the information is no longer valid. Also, a large portion of the book is just advertisement for their other books and products which was extremely annoying.
Brian Hara
Aug 19, 2013 Brian Hara rated it did not like it
Besides The Art of the Deal, I think pretty much all of Donald Trump's books are mostly junk. Lots of fluff with big text. You can pull a dozen or so useful lines out of any one of his books, but not much else.
J.
Apr 17, 2011 J. rated it it was amazing
Very enlightening on the personality of both men. After reading this, I would not worry at all about Trump being President! Also, for an older book, they described what was going to happen to our economy to a "T" Very inspirational book as I am moving into the B quadrant myself.
Julie
Jul 03, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
These two very successful men have totally different personalities and approaches to business and building wealth in some aspects, and are very much alike in others. This is an excellent book for anyone from about 12 on up to read.
Jam
Nov 07, 2014 Jam rated it it was ok
I got most of the advices from Robert Kiyosaki and not Donald trump. Donald was just piggy-back riding on Robert's more effective wisdom and was like an echo.
Susan
Mar 31, 2010 Susan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I needed to table this one.... I just couldn't finish this CD... I do have the book I might try to read later (got it from a dollar tree...)
John Jordan
Mar 15, 2013 John Jordan rated it did not like it
Sucks
Rob Hartman
Mar 14, 2008 Rob Hartman rated it did not like it
Poorly written. I could barely get through the first 4 chapters.
Luaba
Sep 03, 2008 Luaba rated it did not like it
This book was just written to cater to both men egos little knowledge can be gain from this book.
Tereia Joe
Dec 01, 2016 Tereia Joe rated it liked it
While I enjoyed the information very much and I respect both gentlemen for they are extremely intelligent individuals I did not agree with everything they stated but I got the key points. I wouldn't put everything they stated in to forward motion but they have some great guidance and have encourage me to take control if I want more in life I am in control.
Evelyn
Nov 11, 2016 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
the book is amazing and intense. I recommend it.
Martins Slisans
Dec 02, 2016 Martins Slisans rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book. Maybe too blurry. No specific recipes
Elle B
Oct 16, 2016 Elle B rated it liked it
3 stars for the Robert Kiyosaki parts only! The usual positive Rich Dad message of ascertain where you are, figure out where you want to be and educate yourself.

An earlier book by Robert Kiyosaki was a love letter to Bucky Fuller, this one goes on a bit about Donald Trump.

Then you have "Donald's responses" he also gushes on about Donald Trump.

This book came out in 2006, there is a section asking "Where do you want to be in 2016", which made for slightly eerie reading.
Seno Pamungkas
Mar 13, 2008 Seno Pamungkas rated it really liked it
Shelves: mine
Very..very...Recommended book....
Aq lumayan berkesan sama buku ini. Yang paling nyantol di pikiranku adalah mengenai inflasi....
Gini...Setuju gak kalo semua orang bekerja di sebuah instansi adalah untuk mencari keamanan finansial (bukan kebebasan finansial) ?
Tapi buku ini memberikan gambaran yg lumayan logis....
Bayangin deh....berapa juta mencari pekerjaan di sebuah perusahaan dengan tujuan mencari keamanan finansial, artinya mereka berharap tiap bulan mereka mendapatkan gaji dan suatu saat keti
Ruth
Nov 06, 2016 Ruth rated it really liked it
He got a lot of bashing. Don't know why is that. He is really a capable man in business. His ideas are fascinating on how to build wealth and how to set yourself for the right attitude to get rich
Comments after a first read 1 25 Jan 21, 2010 09:36AM
  • Rich Dad's Prophecy: Why the Biggest Stock Market Crash in History Is Still Coming...and How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit from It!
  • Own Your Own Corporation: Why the Rich Own Their Own Companies and Everyone Else Works for Them (Rich Dad's Advisors)
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Creating Wealth: Retire in Ten Years Using Allen's Seven Principles of Wealth
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
Donald John Trump is an American business executive, entrepreneur, television and radio personality, author and President of the United States of America. He is the CEO of the Trump Organization, a US-based real-estate developer, and the founder of Trump Entertainment, which operates several casinos. He received a great deal of publicity following the success of his reality television show, The Ap ...more
More about Donald J. Trump...

“FOCUS - Follow One Course Until Successful” 47 likes
“What's the point of having great knowledge and keeping them all to yourself?” 28 likes