Start by marking “A Little Texas” as Want to Read:
A Little Texas

A Little Texas (Oak Stand #3)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Growing up in tiny Oak Stand gave Kate Newman all the Texas she'd ever want. Her bold personality is better suited to a city that never sleeps. So coming back to take care of unfinished business is like squeezing into last decade's jeans. A bad idea all around. Her only diversion is Rick Mendez. Enigmatic and irresistible, he's got a heart as wild as her own.They're so goo ...more
Published January 4th 2011 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Little Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Texas

Kristiej
This was another book that I was quite pleased that I took a chance on. I've really been enjoying this line by Harlequin and this is another reason why.

Kate owns a business in Vegas that's in trouble. Desperate for money, she decides to blackmail the man who fathered her, but refused to acknowledge her. She figures he owes her something, if only child alimony from when she was dirt poor, living in a trailer park and being raised by her grandmother. But her plan backfires when her father demands
Gwynlyn
Liz Talley took us back to Oak Stand for the best story yet! The chip on Kate Newman's shoulder is a mile wide when she returns to Oak Stand, but the girls has a lot to learn about perception and reality. AND the different faces of love. Well written, fast paced, and engaging, it will make you eager to return to Oak Stand and the unique characters that populate this corner of Texas.
Maureen Howard
Oh my gosh there's so much I want to say about this book! But without giving everything away all I can say is that this one is hot! Liz is so amazing she's given me a new love for Texas. Considering I've lived there for the last 14 years that's saying something! This story will rip your heart out. Make you laugh, smile, blush, and sweat. And you'll love every second of it. I say this often but I really do hope you'll give Kate and Rick a chance!
Elisa Beatty
Liz Talley's best yet! It's such a pleasure to go back to Oak Stand, Texas, and this is the most emotionally satisfying book of the series. The heroine, Kate, is a tiny powerhouse who thought she'd escaped her tough childhood in Oak Stand (and never wants to go back), while the hero, Rick, is a reformed gang member who's found a haven there, building a center to help current gangbangers escape their urban lives. Kate and Rick are both good people at heart, but make mistakes, and truly want diffe ...more
Carrie
2.5* The plot of A Little Texas held some good moments and the story ideas were okay, but the execution was uneven. The sentences were sometimes choppy, there was too much telling and not showing, and the scenes and mood shifts were often abrupt and jarring.

I give the author points for having her characters act like real people: their actions were sometimes inconsistent with their spoken ideals. I didn't mind that because it added a level of realism to the story. Real people struggle and someti
Pam
Loved the Heroine. She was strong and spunky. The Hero was perfect bad boy gone fantastic.
Joy
Mar 04, 2011 Joy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
Our heroine's life in Vegas is great, but she's out of money and the IRS is knocking. So she must return to her hometown of Texas, face her poverty-stricken past as well as the wealthy biological father who has rejected her in the past--and, of course, fall for his hawt henchman, an ex-gang member now running a home for gang members who want to come clean. This was good; there was actually a point at which it managed to jerk tears from me.
Sharon
I loved it! Turned out the way I thought it would but even better.. kind of a tearjerker. You had to root for Kate right from the beginning and her blackmail scheme.. and Rick's problems, gosh, where did they come from?! I thought he had it together but what do I know. Excellent romance with an excellent ending.
Mary Pitre
Loved it. Can't wait to read other books in this series.
Judy Jarvie
I enjoyed A Little Texas. She's full of sass, he's super hot and usually super wary. I liked the heroine's vulnerable side and his protector role. I will read Liz Talley again (this is my first!)
Rita Henuber
Loved it! The author creates characters you want to call up and chat with and a story you will be thinking about for a long time
Bev Pettersen
Enjoyed this book in one sitting!
Amy Bridges
Another fun one from my friend Liz!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Hometown U.S.A.
Hope Ramsay
Hope Ramsay marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel) marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Letitia Kintzel
Letitia Kintzel marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Anna Johnson
Anna Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
My life has always been papered with novels. From traditional Harlequin romances to epic books like Lonesome Dove, my reading interests are vast. I can't imagine a life without coffee, hot tamale candy and a book in hand. I write romance, but I read every genre...except sci-fi. But I can be persuaded.
More about Liz Talley...

Oak Stand (5 books)
  • Vegas Two-Step
  • The Way to Texas
  • A Taste of Texas
  • A Touch of Scarlet
Vegas Two-Step A Taste of Texas Cowboys for Christmas Waters Run Deep (Bayou Bridge, #1) The Sweetest September (Home in Magnolia Bend)