Start by marking “Night Siege: The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings the Hudson Valley UFO Sightings” as Want to Read:
Night Siege: The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings the Hudson Valley UFO Sightings

Night Siege: The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings the Hudson Valley UFO Sightings

There is no way you can determine if the "truth is out there" unless someone reveals it. Now you can discover the truth that will rip open the entire UFO phenomenon, when you read "Night Siege" by Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Philip J. Imbrogno, and Bob Pratt.
The late Dr. Hynek was a famous astrologer who was a consultant to the Air Force's "Project Blue Book" UFO investigation an
Published May 1st 2002 by Llewellyn Publications (St. Paul, MN) (first published September 12th 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Night Siege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Siege

Joseph DiFrancesco
Nov 10, 2014 Joseph DiFrancesco rated it liked it
I guess I was a bit thrown by the title - expecting a bit more high drama. This book, and I have read many on this subject - is more of a well documented scientific report rather than the collection of anecdotal verbal accounts I was expecting. It was put together well, but does come off repetitive. Still, being an accurate account of these strange events, it has no other choice. Worth the read if you're a diehard UFO buff. If just curious about the subject , I would recommend others.
Erik Graff
May 29, 2011 Erik Graff rated it liked it
Recommends it for: UFO skeptics
Recommended to Erik by: no one
Shelves: sciences
This is not a fun book. If you want fun books about unidentified flying objects, they are easy to find. Many have much more outrageous stories to tell than one will ever hear from J. Allen Hynek. Many of them are better writers than he and his colleagues. But if you want the facts, just the facts, without fanfare, understated if anything, then check out Hynek's publications in the field.

Hynek's old house is just a few blocks from mine, near Lake Michigan. A local friend who went to school in the
Chy
Jul 11, 2012 Chy rated it it was ok
I can't remember when I read this anymore. A month ago? Two months ago? Don't know how I managed not to add it, and really don't know how it dawned on me, today, that, "Hey, did I ever add that one?"

Anyway, tedious as hell. Okay, I think it's cool to have all these stories from different walks of life about the Hudson Valley UFO thing, but after about the third one, it seemed like the only real difference from story to story was the occupation of the witness.

On one hand, it's great that here are
Dan Pfeiffer
Dec 18, 2014 Dan Pfeiffer rated it really liked it
The book’s straightforward “just the fact ma’am” style is refreshing in a field clouded with bended facts and wild assumptions. If there is any understanding of this phenomena to be found then the research method provided here can serve as a useful foundational template going forward.

Since the book was written in a manner that lends itself to further analysis of the facts I couldn’t help but come up with the following observations and thoughts from the source material:

Interaction w/objects:
The
Delia O' Riordan
Jun 09, 2014 Delia O' Riordan rated it it was amazing
Dr. J. Allen Hynek was a noted scientist used by the US Air Force to de-bunk the "ufo myth". However, a funny thing happened on the way to the Project Blue Book Report: Dr. Hynek had to dissent from the majority insistence on dismissing the evidence of UFO sightings by credible witnesses like…the Air Force's own pilots. After the publication of the Condon Report Dr. Hynek spoke openly about the roughly 30% of UFO reports that could not be explained as misperception of planets, comets, stars or " ...more
Sam Poole
Dec 14, 2015 Sam Poole rated it it was ok
Scientific and fastidious yet unexciting and passive. Informative but ultimately just not that compellingly
Written
Todd
May 20, 2015 Todd rated it it was ok
If you're interested in UFOs, and especially if you have any connection to the Westchester County, NY area, this book is a great compilation of sightings from the mid-1980s until the mid-1990s. However, it reads more like a series of newspaper clippings and research paper excerpts rather than a formal book. It is a very factually-based compilation of observations and reports of those who witnessed the UFO phenomenon during that time.
Bridget
Jul 08, 2013 Bridget rated it it was amazing
My parents observed UFOs during this time period, reading about more witnesses talking of the same craft is exceptionally amazing. Good read for someone who has had this experience. You are not alone in it. I have observed UFO activity a couple times in my life as well but after this wave of sightings.
Brian
Oct 04, 2010 Brian rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I grew up in Brewster NY and as a young lad I remember this rash of sightings. It was quite enjoyable reading about events which took place minutes from my home.
William
Apr 14, 2010 William rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tedious collection of anecdotal evidence.

I would like to take a look at the updated version, but it is not in the local library system.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Wish I'd known about them at the time they were happening-- I would have whipped over there to see if I could spot them myself.
Nigel Woollsey
Nigel Woollsey rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Moony
Moony marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Eric Wojciechowski
Eric Wojciechowski marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
A. Bickham
A. Bickham rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Molly
Molly rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Ufo Zen
Ufo Zen marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Jaimey Perham
Jaimey Perham is currently reading it
May 22, 2016
Jose David
Jose David rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Min
Min rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Iain P F
Iain P F marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Jack
Jack rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Timothy Scott Woods
Timothy Scott Woods rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
United States astronomer, professor, and ufologist

He is perhaps best remembered for his UFO research. Hynek acted as scientific adviser to UFO studies undertaken by the U.S. Air Force under three consecutive projects.

Hynek acted as scientific adviser to UFO studies undertaken by the U.S. Air Force under three consecutive projects:

Project Sign (1947–1949),
Project Grudge (1949–1952), and
Project Bl
More about J. Allen Hynek...