Start by marking “Spice & Wolf, Book 4” as Want to Read:
Spice & Wolf, Book 4

Spice & Wolf, Book 4 (Spice & Wolf #4)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  426 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Continuing their journey north, Lawrence and Holo stop in the village of Tereo in hopes of finding a local abbey where they might uncover more information regarding the fate of Holo's ancient home, Yoitsu. Soon after their arrival, though, the companions are caught up in a local dispute between Tereo and the neighboring town of Enberch that could cost Lawrence and Holo bot ...more
Paperback, Novel, 249 pages
Published June 28th 2011 by Yen On (first published June 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Spice & Wolf, Book 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spice & Wolf, Book 4

Alejandro Melchor
I fell in love with the anime adaptation and had been hounding the books. The charm of the relationship between Lawrence and Holo is somewhat lost in the choppy language in the book, although that might be the fault of the English translation.

The plot itself is typical of the series, illustrating an episode in the travelling pair's travels, where they find a problem they solve through guile and wit, although I have the impression the plot jumped its logic a couple of times.
Albert
First of all, I love the series as a whole. This novel happens to contain a tale not included in the Second Season of the anime. The dialogue is spot on, matching the witty and amusing banter of the show and, most likely, the other novels in this series.

However, in terms of plot this particular novel falls short. The falling action feels kind of tacked on, as if the author decided to give Holo special powers at the last moment. The translation as a whole reads rather smoothly, though there are
Matthew Mcdonell
I just really like these books. Really because its so casual and calming . The relationship between Holo and Lawrence is always charming. I find it more interesting how they get in and out of their predicaments through outplaying and outsmarting their adversaries within a towns culture/ economy. I do like how it touches on the narrow mindedness of religious based culture as well. And for those interested theres an economic dynamic to it all. Charming to read and relaxing.
Casey
Just finished this volume a few days ago.

I believe this is the turning point of the series. This is the first volume that focuses more on the history and lore of the world (including confronting religious truths) than on the merchanting of our favourite trader, Kraft Lawrence.
Kyle Bunkers
The story in this one has a bit of deus ex machina, but the story is mostly (at least to me) about the dialogue between Lawrence and Holo, and it was in great form in this one.
Gage
Gage marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Dalton Burns
Dalton Burns marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Justin
Justin added it
Nov 23, 2014
Steven Liu
Steven Liu marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Jamie Sundquist
Jamie Sundquist marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Luis
Luis marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Sierra Taylor
Sierra Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Almendra Ortega Allca
Almendra Ortega Allca marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Orionop
Orionop marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
  • The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #4)
  • Book Girl and the Captive Fool
  • Kieli, Volume 1: The Dead Sleep in the Wilderness
  • Gosick: The Novel (Gosick, #1)
  • Strawberry Panic: The Complete Novel Collection
  • The Twelve Kingdoms: The Vast Spread of the Seas (The Twelve Kingdoms, #3)
  • Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
  • Zaregoto 1: Book 1: The Kubikiri Cycle
  • Slayers - The Ruby Eye (Slayers, #1)
  • Welcome to the N.H.K.
Spice and Wolf, Book 1 Spice & Wolf, Vol. 1 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #1) Spice & Wolf, Book 2 Spice & Wolf, Book 3 Spice & Wolf, Book 5