Start by marking “Anyone But Me (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #1)” as Want to Read:
Anyone But Me (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #1)

Anyone But Me (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  1,256 ratings  ·  72 reviews
Katie Carew, nicknamed Katie Kazoo by the class bully, had no idea what would happen when she wished that she could be anyone but herself. But now her wish has come true, and-switcheroo!-she keeps turning into other people and even animals! What is one ordinary third-grade girl with a really extraordinary problem to do? It's a good thing Katie is resourceful and smart enou ...more
Published May 27th 2002 by Grosset & Dunlap

Kate
Oct 30, 2014 Kate added it
I read this in like 1st grade
Karen
This book wasn't too bad! I think I enjoyed it even. :) (Hard to tell after reading this type of literature lots!)

I did find it very odd that Katie turned into a hamster, but now I understand, it's all part of the plot! I hope we can read a few more in this series.

---
March 14, 2011 Annabelle

It was good, but there were two thing that I thought were a little silly.
What's that?
Well, there's this new kid and he tells jokes. And Katie wishes herself to be a hamster.
What's silly about the jokes?
We
Michelle Johnson
What a cute little book. I would say this book is geared to early chapter readers. It's pretty easy to read without any hard concepts.

It's just a cute, wholesome book.

The book is an (unrealistic) account of bullying.

I can see children enjoying this book...and wanting more in the series.
Abbie
Katie Carew is having a terrible day. She fumbled the ball and lost the game, splashed mud on her favorite jeans, and the class bully, George, has been tormenting her all day. She glibly wishes to be "anyone but me," and that's when things get crazy! The next day at school, she suddenly finds herself transformed into the class hamster, Speedy. Can Katie get back to herself and teach the bully a lesson at the same time? The illustrations definitely enhance the story portraying Katie and her frien ...more
Kari
This is an interesting book to use to talk to kids about what is really being bullied and what might simply just be teasing. Katie is being bullied at the beginning of the book which is well written through Katies actions and feelings both in School and later at home.
The next day she doesn't want to go to school and makes a wish on a shooting star that she could be "anyone but me." Well she gets her wish as she stands outside her classroom window peering in and becomes the classroom hampster. A
Lidian
This book is the first in the seris Katie kazoo. It's an American seris about a girl who goes to 3rd grade. In the later books, she moves to 4th grade. Th seris is by nancy krulik, a great author. Have fun reading it!
Claire
This book is a fable of a bully. And this girl is just like me. She got made fun of, at school, every day. But not as bad as me.
Children's Literature Project
Anyone but Me is the first book in the series Katie Kazoo. In Anyone but Me, Katie is bullied by a new student named George. That evening Katie wished that she was anyone but herself. What she did not realize is at that exact moment a shooting star crossed the sky. The next day Katie was nervous about entering the school because of George. All of a sudden Katie felt a breeze and she turned into the class hamster. Now Katie had to find a way out of the cage and to turn back to herself.

Classroom U
Haley
I really enjoyed this when I was younger, but if I would have read it again now, I probably wouldn't like it as much. Hence the two star rating. It's a creative idea. Katie, the protagonist is having an awful day when she wishes to be anybody but herself. As she says this, a shooting star appears overhead and she switches bodies and turns into the class hamster. Although a series, you don't necessarily have to read them in order to understand everything (I didn't).

Overall; a pretty good series
Mohammad
M: It was funny that George was a bully and he was scared of a hamster.
Holly
My 7 yr old daughter gives it 5 ☆. She says she loves this series.
Kayla
Sep 01, 2014 Kayla added it
this is a good book series .
Dianne
Cute, easy read for grade 1&2. About being teased and being friends.
Liseth
Katie kazzo funny pretty normal when I started to read katie kazzo I told My mom I'm like mom can you buy me more katie kazzo books I'm starting to love it so she said yes I was so happy I was jumping up and down and I was running around with my dog brunno he's so cute he's a schnauzer he has little mustache so I read anyone but me oh' baby girls don't have cooties and more so I really really really I joyed reading nancy kruliks books
Grace
Miz Lizzie
Apr 08, 2009 Miz Lizzie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 7-10 year olds
The first book in a popular series for grade three students who are just getting into chapter books. I found it rather mediocre but I probably would have enjoyed it at that age since I loved did-it-really-happen, switcheroo kind of magic stuff. Katie transforms the class bully into a friend after she gains some insight from spending the day magically transformed into the class guinea pig.
Yakeishaa
The main character are Katie,jermey,MR.G,Kaedem. The setting is inside and outside. Katie and her friends are osyched to in the fouurth grade! But then they get bad news -their thrid grade class has been split up! and katie was stuck with the new teacher, plus tons off homework. Thwn the magic wind strickes. Fourth grade was so gerat but not for jearmey and suzannne. I like
Jesmine Aw
Don't think that this book is a babies book just because its words are big and the book is thin. This kind of book is actually very nice. its about this girl named katie who made a wish upon a wishing star that she could someone else. Her wish came true and she is always switching identities with someone else and caused a lot of trouble.
Maymuna
This is the first book in the series. At first I was doubtful that it would be good. Then I thought it would be good to try it. And it was great. I read it in one day. I couldn't even put it down to eat my breakfast. That's the end of what I have to say about this book.
Sadie
I love this book and the moral of the story and how everything was explained . I use to read this book almost everyday, over and over again in the 3rd grade . And i still have the book somewhere . ^_^ I would recommend this book to anyone, although it's for little kids ! :D
Alissa
Cute concept for new chapter book readers. I would have to read another one in the series though to determine if I like it. There was quite a bit of name calling and a girl flips her skirt up to prove that she is wearing shorts under her skirt which I thought was unnecessary.
Audrey
Mar 03, 2009 Audrey is currently reading it
I never read this book. MY little sister did after she bought it at the School bookfair. All I know about it is that my sister never reads, but after she read the first book in this series, she stole my computer and went on amazon to buy the next 45 books!
Amber
My third graders loved it! And I did too, it does have a little bully problem that gets resolved in a positive way. Katie has a bad day and makes a wish that ends up coming true! One of a kind series and now all the students are looking for more of them :)
Bvlmc Buchanan Verplanck Elementary School
Katie Kazoo tames the class bully in a most unusual way after his fear of the class hamster is exposed in a single embarrassing moment. Readers enjoying the humor and premise of this story will likely clamour for more of Kaite's adventures.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 59779 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.5 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Audriana ' Ronnie
THIS BOOK IS SO AWESOME!!! I READ THIS IN 5TH GRADE. I FINISHED IT ONE DAY. I WAS FOCUSED NOT BOTHERE. I FELT LIKE I WAS KATIE! THEY EXPRESS THE FEELINGS SO WELL! EVERY GIRL SHOULD READ THIS ITS TO GIRLY FOR BOYS.
Bookslut
This was surprisingly good! I thought this would be right on par with those Magic Tree House books (ugh!), but it was far better. For something we picked up on the single criteria that it caught Iris' eye, not bad.
Maggie
I'm glad my sister got into these books so I could try reading them too. I think they are really interesting stories because of the magic wind and what it made Katie do and learn.
Sena
Yine Katie yine başka bir olay.Bu kızın olduğu hiç bir yer güvenli değil.En sakin olan yerlerde bile bir rüzgar gelip onu bulabilir.Ve bu olduğunda hiç bir şey eskisi gibi olmaz:)
Katelyn Cavender
i think katie kazoo wishes she can be anyone but her because some people are being so she wished that, then a tornado came and became a lot of people before she was her again.
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go (Ivy and Bean, #2)
  • January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth
  • Piper Reed: Navy Brat (Piper Reed #1)
  • Judy Moody (Judy Moody, # 1)
  • Stacey The Soccer Fairy (Sports Fairies, #2)
  • Electric Storm (Magic School Bus Chapter Books, #14)
  • Clementine and the Family Meeting (Clementine, #5)
  • Ghost Class (Ghostville Elementary #1)
  • Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny (Junie B. Jones, #27)
Nancy Krulik is the author of more than 100 books for children and young adults, including three New York Times bestsellers. She is best known, however, for being the author and creator of the Katie Kazoo Switcheroo book series, which has brought her to the attention of second, third, and fourth graders nationwide.

Nancy has also written extensively for teens and is well known as a biographer of Ho
More about Nancy E. Krulik...
Can You Get An F In Lunch? (How I Survived Middle School, #1) Madame President Ripped at the Seams She's Got the Beat Puppy Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)