Start by marking “Under a Falling Star” as Want to Read:
Under a Falling Star

Under a Falling Star

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A heart warming seasonal short story for the truly romantic at heart.

An embarrassing chance encounter in a department store at Christmas leads to something special for two men, Tay and Julian.
ebook
Published December 11th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Under a Falling Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under a Falling Star

Lily Pilly
This must be one of the cutest and the sweetest short story that I read in a while.
I just love this the story because it is about how Tay and Julian met first...so romantic and endearing *dreamy sigh*.
I also love reading romance involving older and a younger person so here is Julian who is older, wiser, gentler and established...still coming to terms with his past. He then meets sweet and adorable Tay who is fairly young and accident prone. What makes this story endearing and heart-warming is hi
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Cute very short story like 7 or 8 pdf pages. Would have liked it better if Jules didn’t sleep with a random guy the day he met Tay but whatever
Lucy
Very short, very sweet story of how Julian met Tay, under a Christmas tree. This would have been so great as a longer story, but even short is cute and Christmas.
Lenore
This was very short and pretty unremarkable, really.
And I found Ty's clumsiness irritating, not cute.
T'Lar
Seven pages of text (on my reader, at least) and you're trying to tell a "how we met" story? What an odd choice. Hard to get wrapped up in something that's told from a distance and which you fully know is almost over as soon as you start reading it.
Dan
Dec 31, 2014 Dan rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm, holiday
Reads like a book report. There was no attachment to the characters or the situation that was described.
Karen K
This was one of the shortest stories I've read but it was also one of the sweetest. I didn't have a lot of time to get to know Julian and Tay but they were written so well that I felt an emotional connection to them in just a few short pages; Julian with his hopes and dreams, trying to get over the traumatic heartbreak he'd suffered, and Tay, over-curious and completely a clutz, but overflowing with sweetness. They are a lovely couple with a lovely story and I really wish there'd been more. Beau ...more
Cindi
This was a very sweet short story. It tells the story of the first meeting of established couple, Tay and Julian. Julian is older and well established but he's still dealing with a heartache from his past. Tay is relatively young. He doesn't have the most glamorous of jobs and he's a total klutz. The klutziness was kind of cute and funny in the beginning but then it started looking childish. That did not take away from my enjoyment of the story.

Overall, a nice, quick read.
Beck
This short read like a story outline rather than an actual story ... it was a dry, dispassionate account of how the narrator met the love of his life ... an interesting (in an academic way) study in writing styles but not particularly well suited to the subject matter being recounted ... what could have been a sweet little story was stripped down to it's bare, unadorned bones leaving the reader on the outside, excluded from the sweetness that their love was creating.
Leslie
This is totally adorable! It's short, but there's so much there, so much backstory that you half-hear and want more of, adding depth to both the characters. Tay is just a sweetheart, with his terrible habit of touching things that invariably manage to fall on top of him, LOL. Would love a longer story about these two.
Sara
I loved it, it's the perfect Christmas story, so well done too, the language is like music, Julian's voice is clear and convincing and he comes across as such a genuinely nice man and Tay is adorable. I love every aspect of it, from their first encounter to the moment on the stairs.
MLE
Not much of a story. Ty came across as a moron, and his inability to keep his hands to himself did not endear him to me at all. He almost seemed more of a child than an adult, and not a very bright child at that.
Pia Veleno
Dec 18, 2012 Pia Veleno added it
Shelves: source-amzn
Cute short story, but I would've like to see more of them falling for each other instead of being told they did. Despite this, it was a humorous and sweet retelling of how the two met.
Nancy Carbajal
Very cute, very short Christmas story. Casual Sex is mentioned, but not printed in graphic detail.
Rachel
*downloaded free on ARE

3.5 stars rounded up

Very cute and sweet
Julia
Short and sweet, completely adorable little read.
Jimmy
Jul 25, 2014 Jimmy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jimmy by: All Romance.com
2 1/2 STARS It Was Okay/I Liked It
Janie
Very sweet short story.
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Schellie
Schellie marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Betty
Betty added it
Oct 15, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Also known as Tarn Swan.

Fabian Black writes D/s fiction, but with her own unique stamp. There are no dungeons and chains here or any of the usual leather and whip scenarios associated with power exchange fiction. She shows another aspect of the Dom/sub dynamic, weaving beautiful warm hearted, sensitive stories full of emotion, wit and romance all spiced with a little spanking. Stories that will en
More about Fabian Black...
Destiny Calling Moving On Spanking Dee-Dee Peter and the Wolf The Jack and Danny Chronicles