Start by marking “Under a Falling Star” as Want to Read:
Under a Falling Star

Under a Falling Star

A heart warming seasonal short story for the truly romantic at heart.

An embarrassing chance encounter in a department store at Christmas leads to something special for two men, Tay and Julian.
ebook
Published December 11th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Under a Falling Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under a Falling Star

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Cute very short story like 7 or 8 pdf pages. Would have liked it better if Jules didn’t sleep with a random guy the day he met Tay but whatever
Lucy
Dec 11, 2010 Lucy rated it really liked it
Very short, very sweet story of how Julian met Tay, under a Christmas tree. This would have been so great as a longer story, but even short is cute and Christmas.
Lenore
This was very short and pretty unremarkable, really.
And I found Ty's clumsiness irritating, not cute.
T'Lar Jones
May 05, 2014 T'Lar Jones rated it it was ok
Seven pages of text (on my reader, at least) and you're trying to tell a "how we met" story? What an odd choice. Hard to get wrapped up in something that's told from a distance and which you fully know is almost over as soon as you start reading it.
Dan
Dec 31, 2014 Dan rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, holiday
Reads like a book report. There was no attachment to the characters or the situation that was described.
Karen K
This was one of the shortest stories I've read but it was also one of the sweetest. I didn't have a lot of time to get to know Julian and Tay but they were written so well that I felt an emotional connection to them in just a few short pages; Julian with his hopes and dreams, trying to get over the traumatic heartbreak he'd suffered, and Tay, over-curious and completely a clutz, but overflowing with sweetness. They are a lovely couple with a lovely story and I really wish there'd been more. Beau ...more
Cindi
Sep 05, 2012 Cindi rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet short story. It tells the story of the first meeting of established couple, Tay and Julian. Julian is older and well established but he's still dealing with a heartache from his past. Tay is relatively young. He doesn't have the most glamorous of jobs and he's a total klutz. The klutziness was kind of cute and funny in the beginning but then it started looking childish. That did not take away from my enjoyment of the story.

Overall, a nice, quick read.
Beck
This short read like a story outline rather than an actual story ... it was a dry, dispassionate account of how the narrator met the love of his life ... an interesting (in an academic way) study in writing styles but not particularly well suited to the subject matter being recounted ... what could have been a sweet little story was stripped down to it's bare, unadorned bones leaving the reader on the outside, excluded from the sweetness that their love was creating.
Leslie
Dec 24, 2010 Leslie rated it it was amazing
This is totally adorable! It's short, but there's so much there, so much backstory that you half-hear and want more of, adding depth to both the characters. Tay is just a sweetheart, with his terrible habit of touching things that invariably manage to fall on top of him, LOL. Would love a longer story about these two.
Sara
Dec 24, 2010 Sara rated it really liked it
I loved it, it's the perfect Christmas story, so well done too, the language is like music, Julian's voice is clear and convincing and he comes across as such a genuinely nice man and Tay is adorable. I love every aspect of it, from their first encounter to the moment on the stairs.
MLE
Dec 25, 2012 MLE rated it did not like it
Not much of a story. Ty came across as a moron, and his inability to keep his hands to himself did not endear him to me at all. He almost seemed more of a child than an adult, and not a very bright child at that.
Pia Veleno
Cute short story, but I would've like to see more of them falling for each other instead of being told they did. Despite this, it was a humorous and sweet retelling of how the two met.
Nancy Carbajal
Dec 05, 2013 Nancy Carbajal rated it liked it
Very cute, very short Christmas story. Casual Sex is mentioned, but not printed in graphic detail.
Rachel

Very cute and sweet
Julia
Nov 30, 2011 Julia rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, short-shot, holiday
Short and sweet, completely adorable little read.
Jimmy
Aug 14, 2015 Jimmy rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jimmy by: All Romance.com
2 1/2 STARS It Was Okay/I Liked It
Janie
Feb 17, 2013 Janie rated it liked it
Very sweet short story.
Jon Witham
Jon Witham rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Lena
Lena added it
Jul 02, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Angel
Angel rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Tami
Tami rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2016
Dudley Sneddly
Dudley Sneddly rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Marjorie
Marjorie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
My pseudonyms: Cat, Fabian Black, Tarn Swan, Gumbie Tales, Nowell Cowardice, Mystic Mog, Skoda.

Fabian Black writes D/s fiction, but with her own unique stamp. There are no dungeons and chains here or any of the usual leather and whip scenarios associated with power exchange fiction. She shows another aspect of the Dom/sub dynamic, weaving beautiful warm hearted, sensitive stories full of emotion,
More about Fabian Black...