The Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden

The Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Morton's first two unforgettable novels in one volume: The House at Riverton plus The Forgotten Garden.
Published December 7th 2010 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about The Kate Morton Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kate Morton Collection

Laura Covington
If you are a fan of of Downton Abbey and desperately missing the PBS series, these are for you! Wonderful read that transports you worlds away to a time when estates were full of bustling hubs for families, friends and entertaining. Servants seamlessly cared for the needs of all.
Molly Taylor
Reminds me of DOWNTON ABBEY
Mary
I have read the House at Riverton and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are among the legions of people who love Downton Abbey; you will love this period piece about the changing attitudes and traditions in turn of the century Britain colored heavily by a melodramatic love affair between a married woman of the upper class to a down on his luck poet and the inevitable outcome of such an affair. What makes it most interesting is the change from the present remembrances of a servant at the time with th...more
Shannon
Awesome read. Kate Morton uses excellent flow of words and character interactions as well as painting a vivid picture of scenes. I enjoyed the flashbacks and flash-current, the transitions were done well. Overall a great read.
Christy
I enjoyed this book but felt like I had to read 3/4 of the book before things started happening. As a Downton Abbey fan I could visualize a lot of things in the book. A good read, but I enjoyed "The Secret Keeper" more!
Amy Morris
Jumping around different time lines and points of view can be annoying at times but, I did enjoy the book. When there is a mystery to be solved, I can't seem to put it down.
Mrs. Raven English Teacher
It's not a light read because it jumps between storylines with various timne periods and events, but it's worth it! A struggle to find your families history!
Christine
Love stories that go back and forth from past to present!!! The Forgotten Garden was all that and a great mystery, too. Both are great reads.
Lourdes
The forgoten garden is my favorite book. Kate Morton is my favorite writer.
Love her style and the the content of her books.
Mminyyz
I enjoyed The House at Riverton more than the Forgotten Garden
Yianna Yiannacou
See each book for individual reviews. Loved them all!
Pat
Excellent novel!
Gerri Schultz
Best books ever
LuxÆterna
LuxÆterna marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Syl
Syl is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2014
Fullofclouds
Fullofclouds marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Annemarie
Annemarie marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Melissa Allen jadhav
Melissa Allen jadhav marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Hadli Sam
Hadli Sam is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2014
Cheri Rogers
Cheri Rogers marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Kate Morton grew up in the mountains of southeast Queensland, Australia. She has degrees in Dramatic Art and English Literature and is currently a doctoral candidate at the University of Queensland. Kate lives with her husband and two young sons in Brisbane.
Kate Morton's books have been published in 31 countries. The House at Riverton was a Sunday Times #1 bestseller in the UK in 2007 and a New Y...more
More about Kate Morton...
The Forgotten Garden The Secret Keeper The House at Riverton The Distant Hours Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton, The Forgotten Garden & The Distant Hours