Start by marking “The Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden” as Want to Read:
The Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden

The Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Morton's first two unforgettable novels in one volume: The House at Riverton plus The Forgotten Garden.
Published December 7th 2010 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about The Kate Morton Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kate Morton Collection

Laura Covington
If you are a fan of of Downton Abbey and desperately missing the PBS series, these are for you! Wonderful read that transports you worlds away to a time when estates were full of bustling hubs for families, friends and entertaining. Servants seamlessly cared for the needs of all.
Molly Taylor
Reminds me of DOWNTON ABBEY
Mary
I have read the House at Riverton and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are among the legions of people who love Downton Abbey; you will love this period piece about the changing attitudes and traditions in turn of the century Britain colored heavily by a melodramatic love affair between a married woman of the upper class to a down on his luck poet and the inevitable outcome of such an affair. What makes it most interesting is the change from the present remembrances of a servant at the time with th ...more
Theresa Honeycheck
I absolutely loved this book. The author's writing style is easy to read. Got very involved with the main character!
Shannon
Awesome read. Kate Morton uses excellent flow of words and character interactions as well as painting a vivid picture of scenes. I enjoyed the flashbacks and flash-current, the transitions were done well. Overall a great read.
Christy
I enjoyed this book but felt like I had to read 3/4 of the book before things started happening. As a Downton Abbey fan I could visualize a lot of things in the book. A good read, but I enjoyed "The Secret Keeper" more!
Amy Morris
Jumping around different time lines and points of view can be annoying at times but, I did enjoy the book. When there is a mystery to be solved, I can't seem to put it down.
Mrs. Raven English Teacher
It's not a light read because it jumps between storylines with various timne periods and events, but it's worth it! A struggle to find your families history!
Christine
Love stories that go back and forth from past to present!!! The Forgotten Garden was all that and a great mystery, too. Both are great reads.
Lourdes
The forgoten garden is my favorite book. Kate Morton is my favorite writer.
Love her style and the the content of her books.
Mminyyz
I enjoyed The House at Riverton more than the Forgotten Garden
Yianna Yiannacou
See each book for individual reviews. Loved them all!
Pat
Excellent novel!
Gerri Schultz
Best books ever
janice groendyk
janice groendyk marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Giorgia Rossi
Giorgia Rossi marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Kimberly Fitzgerald
Kimberly Fitzgerald marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Carissa
Carissa marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Kathie
Kathie marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Celeste Livingston
Celeste Livingston marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
  • Thornfield Hall
  • The Unlikely Allies: 1940The Unlikely Allies: 1940 (House of Winslow #36)
  • Sunnyside Blues
  • Backpack Literature (Kennedy/Gioia Literature Series)
  • Sweet Like Sugar
  • A Heart to Mend
  • When China Ruled the Seas: The Treasure Fleet of the Dragon Throne, 1405-1433
  • The European Reformations
  • Sea of Secrets
  • Angel Harp
  • The Bakery Sisters Bundle
  • Postcards from Berlin
  • The Beloved Invader (St. Simons Trilogy, #3)
  • Autobiography of Yukichi Fukuzawa
  • Tide, Feather, Snow: A Life in Alaska
  • Spent: Memoirs of a Shopping Addict
  • Death of a Schoolgirl (The Jane Eyre Chronicles, #1)
  • Your Baby and Child: From Birth to Age Five (Revised Edition)
Kate Morton grew up in the mountains of southeast Queensland, Australia. She has degrees in Dramatic Art and English Literature and is currently a doctoral candidate at the University of Queensland. Kate lives with her husband and two young sons in Brisbane.
Kate Morton's books have been published in 31 countries. The House at Riverton was a Sunday Times #1 bestseller in the UK in 2007 and a New Y
More about Kate Morton...
The Forgotten Garden The Secret Keeper The House at Riverton The Distant Hours Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton, The Forgotten Garden & The Distant Hours