Start by marking “The Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden” as Want to Read:
The Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden

The Kate Morton Collection: The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden

Morton's first two unforgettable novels in one volume: The House at Riverton plus The Forgotten Garden.
Published December 7th 2010 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about The Kate Morton Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kate Morton Collection

Laura Covington
Mar 29, 2012 Laura Covington rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of of Downton Abbey and desperately missing the PBS series, these are for you! Wonderful read that transports you worlds away to a time when estates were full of bustling hubs for families, friends and entertaining. Servants seamlessly cared for the needs of all.
Molly Taylor
May 27, 2013 Molly Taylor rated it really liked it
Reminds me of DOWNTON ABBEY
Amy
Feb 25, 2017 Amy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed these books. I was unfamiliar with this author until I read the LAKE HOUSE. I normally try to read most authors' works from their first to their last. I believe I would have enjoyed these more had I done the same. I enjoyed the FORGOTTEN GARDEN more than the HOUSE AT RIVERTON. Both are good stories with mesmerizing vocabulary, which I loved. Both stories are intricate and I love the way Morton goes back and forth from the past to the present as she weave her characters and the mystery ...more
Pathenry Casares
Feb 23, 2016 Pathenry Casares rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down from page one. This story jumps from around the years of 1913, 1975 and 2005. Each year represents a person tied to the beginning story of a little 4 year old girl alone and left by a mysterious lady on the docks of a ship bound for Australia. The mysterious lady tells her to be quiet and hide until she returns. The lady known as the , Authoress, never returns. The little girl is left with just a white suitcase filled with a few cherished items and one is a fairy t ...more
Mary
Dec 09, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
I have read the House at Riverton and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are among the legions of people who love Downton Abbey; you will love this period piece about the changing attitudes and traditions in turn of the century Britain colored heavily by a melodramatic love affair between a married woman of the upper class to a down on his luck poet and the inevitable outcome of such an affair. What makes it most interesting is the change from the present remembrances of a servant at the time with th ...more
Karen C
Mar 21, 2016 Karen C rated it really liked it
Would have reviewed it as "loved it" (actually loved both) but the dialogue went on too long. I loved the writing, the stories, the mystery. Just felt the book, especially The Forgotten Garden, could have been shortened and still told the story. That said, both books were extremely good and I enjoyed both.
Shirley Yuhasz
Became interested in The Forgotten Garden but found this collection, ordered on my Nook. Loved The House at Riverton and am now enjoying The Forgotten Garden. I especially enjoy the way Kate Morton draws you into the story & characters. After finishing The Forgotten Garden, it is my favorite of the two.
Shannon
Jan 29, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
Awesome read. Kate Morton uses excellent flow of words and character interactions as well as painting a vivid picture of scenes. I enjoyed the flashbacks and flash-current, the transitions were done well. Overall a great read.
Christy
Aug 03, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but felt like I had to read 3/4 of the book before things started happening. As a Downton Abbey fan I could visualize a lot of things in the book. A good read, but I enjoyed "The Secret Keeper" more!
Lourdes
The forgoten garden is my favorite book. Kate Morton is my favorite writer.
Love her style and the the content of her books.
Mminyyz
Aug 06, 2012 Mminyyz rated it really liked it
I enjoyed The House at Riverton more than the Forgotten Garden
Pat
Apr 21, 2012 Pat rated it it was amazing
Excellent novel!
Edie Hippern
May 03, 2015 Edie Hippern rated it it was amazing
These books were riveting. Love Kate Morton's style.
Yianna Yiannacou
Sep 13, 2012 Yianna Yiannacou rated it it was amazing
See each book for individual reviews. Loved them all!
Christine
May 21, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
Love stories that go back and forth from past to present!!! The Forgotten Garden was all that and a great mystery, too. Both are great reads.
Amy Morris
Aug 24, 2013 Amy Morris rated it really liked it
Jumping around different time lines and points of view can be annoying at times but, I did enjoy the book. When there is a mystery to be solved, I can't seem to put it down.
Mrs. Raven English Teacher
Jul 29, 2012 Mrs. Raven English Teacher rated it really liked it
It's not a light read because it jumps between storylines with various timne periods and events, but it's worth it! A struggle to find your families history!
Theresa Honeycheck
Sep 11, 2014 Theresa Honeycheck rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. The author's writing style is easy to read. Got very involved with the main character!
Diane Heaps
Diane Heaps rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Patricia Engelhardt
Patricia Engelhardt rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
Sonya Gulliver
Sonya Gulliver rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Britton
Britton rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Judith
Judith rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2012
Alissa
Alissa rated it really liked it
May 09, 2015
JoJoPNW
JoJoPNW rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Jessica Horning
Jessica Horning rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2017
Kari
Kari rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2012
Shumaisa
Shumaisa rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Sona Rathore
Sona Rathore rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Deceivers
  • Backpack Literature (Kennedy/Gioia Literature Series)
  • The Mask Revealed (The Jacobite Chronicles #2)
  • Town Smokes: Stories
  • The Unlikely Allies: 1939 (House of Winslow #36)
  • The Wife's Tale
  • The Prodigal Son (Graham Saga #3)
  • Sunnyside Blues
  • Kinfolks: The Wilgus Stories
  • Valley of the Shadow
  • When China Ruled the Seas: The Treasure Fleet of the Dragon Throne, 1405-1433
  • Autobiography of Yukichi Fukuzawa
KATE MORTON grew up in the mountains of south-east Queensland and lives now with her husband and three young sons in Brisbane. She has degrees in dramatic art and English literature, specialising in nineteenth-century tragedy and contemporary gothic novels. Kate harboured dreams of joining the Royal Shakespeare Company until she became sidetracked writing novels, and still feels a pang of longing ...more
More about Kate Morton...