Start by marking “Medical Error (Prescription for Trouble, #2)” as Want to Read:
Medical Error (Prescription for Trouble, #2)

Medical Error (Prescription for Trouble #2)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  1,624 ratings  ·  146 reviews
Dr. Anna McIntyre's life was going along just fine until someone else started living it. Her patient died because of an identity mix-up, her medical career is in jeopardy because of forged prescriptions, and her credit is in ruins. She thought things couldn't get worse, but that was before she opened the envelope and saw a positive HIV test with her name on it.
Published June 1st 2010 by Abingdon Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Medical Error, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Medical Error

Cindy
I got this romantic suspense story free for my kindle from Amazon and while I enjoyed it enough to finish it, there were some problems with it. First of all, there were a lot of proofreading problems. So many typos - almost one in every single paragraph. It was very distracting. I know it was free, but I wouldn't have paid anything at all for a book this poorly edited, no matter how much I liked the story or the characters.

And then what about the story or the characters? I wanted to like both,
Robyn
I was deeply disappointed by this book and am surprised at the quantity of positive recommendations. I bought this book because the description looked interesting and it was high on the Amazon Kindle best seller charts which I later worked out was because it had been free.

It is not stated in the book description that it is Christian Fiction. Had I known that I would never have bought the book in the first place as I am not a Christian. You may enjoy the book if you are a Christian, but I found i
Michelle Silbersack
I actually really liked the plot of this book. What ruined it for me was the faith that was shoved down your throat. The way it was shoved into the plot took away from the characters and made them less believable. In addition, there were many editing errors. All in all a great plot and novel concept, but the story ended up falling flat.
Kita
If I could have rated this lower I think I might have. It started off alright and it sounded promising. I wasn't overly impressed with the writing style, but I figured, "Hey, it's not horrible and the premise is interesting. It can't be too bad."

I couldn't even finish the book. I skipped a few chapters just to get to the end to see if my suspicions on the culprit were correct.

To start with, although the book started off okay, it quickly began to seem very disjointed and hastily thrown together,
Chris
I am really surprised at the amount of positive reviews for this book. I couldn't get past the stiff dialogue and lack of any personality in the characters. I also didn't realize it was Christian fiction, which is fine, I just lost interest quickly within the first quarter of the book and found myself apathetic and couldn't bring myself to finish it.
Nenette
Medical thriller is one of my favorite book genres. It’s fascinating to read and learn about something in the field of medicine and be entertained at the same time. It also becomes very believable when it’s written by a doctor; same with legal thrillers written by lawyers. On the book itself....well, it's not really a medical thriller per se. It just happened that the protagonists are doctors. It's a good one but I am left wanting at the end, although everything actually wraps up nicely: no loos ...more
Marie Phd
I'm really struggling with this book. There are a number of things that really bug me about the authors style. ie the heroine is always sucking on diet coke. I wish she'd drink some water, way better for you - is it advertising? or code that she's supposed to be thin? I am sure its the later but I just want to shake the author and tell him water is better for her.

Another bug is she has no friends or family. Everyone, woman esp, have relationships. The only person outside of work she knows is thi
Nora St Laurent
I’m so thrilled to have received a review copy of a book that reminded me of the move The Net with Sandra Bullock, taken to a whole new level. This is one exciting, suspenseful medical thriller!

This book opens with Dr. Ana McIntyre performing emergency surgery on Eric Hatley. It was descriptive and I wasn’t sure where the author was leading the reader. But then the pace picks up and Dr. Anna McIntryre discovers her credit cards have been maxed out and it wasn’t by her. This was not a great way t
Stephanie Heuerman
The fact that this is a Christian book does not bother me in the least, but the unimaginative ending does. Identity theft is an ever present fear in this day and age, so there were definitely aspects of the story that most readers could identify with. The story jumped right in, full of promise, and then began to lose its momentum. While the main character’s potential love interest seems like a really nice guy, he exhibited some behaviors that set off stalker warnings for me. I also found the see ...more
Shadira
Oct 10, 2012 Shadira rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: book that keeps you guessing until the end, this book may be a bit boring for you.
Mystery level was okay!!
The characters did nothing for me. I couldn't understand the attraction of Anna. She seemed totally cold to me and I found it hard to really care what happened to her. Nick had a bit more character and development but he was a bit obsessive too and had stalkerish tendencies.
Why is there so much about God? The plot moved along well, but I did not feel that the religious messages were relevant.
I am normally interested in medical stories, so I was a bit disappointed.

A good
Lori Henrich
Anna is very happy in her career as a surgeon and teacher. Everything things seems to be falling into place. Then when one of her patients dies on the table from an allergic reaction everything goes downhill from there. Soon she is being pursued by the FBI and the police. Someone has stolen her identity and her DEA number and is wreaking havoc to her reputation and her life. Then to top it off two guys seem to be expressing interest in her during one of the most difficult time in her life. Anna ...more
Terry Crawford Palardy
Apr 16, 2012 Terry Crawford Palardy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all readers aged 13 and up
This was a mystery that, due to life's complexity, I read in many interrupted sessions. But the story held together so well that I never lost track of who was who, what happened when, or how many clues had been presented.

Characters were very well developed, very consistent in the points of view, and easily recognizable in dialogue. Doctors, police officers, federal agents, health workers, ambulance attendants, and bad guys were all easily recognizable and true to the reader's perception of their
Barbara
I would actually give it 3.5 stars. It was interesting, and I did like the character of Dr. Anna McIntyre, but Nick's character rubbed me a little bit the wrong way at times, kind of over the top in his attentiveness to Anna so quickly, perhaps. I also enjoyed the quirkiness of the lawyer, Ross Donovan. The medical parts were very well done and realistic in their portrayal of a doctor's life, and I enjoyed the fact that several mysterious things were going on at once: identity theft, credit card ...more
Melissa

I have always enjoyed medical mysteries and this book was fantastic. I did not have to pleasure to have read Code Blue but I bet it is as good as this novel. My mother who is a RN read the book and said that the medical information was very realistic and she enjoyed it as well. I thought that I figured out who the villain and I never expected it to be ..... I originally thought that the book was about identity theft, but it was a whole lot more. The book combined mystery,romance,medical drama,su
Carrie Padgett
This book is a riveting account of how a life can be destroyed by something small with huge repercussions.

Dr. Anna McIntyre loses a patient and that's just the beginning. Her life is stolen and the noose seems to be tightening. She has to find out who's responsible before her life and her career are ruined forever.

Richard Mabry does a great job building the suspense. His medical practice and teaching careers give him the authority to write with accuracy and authenticity. Well done!

Loraine
If you like Robin Cook's medical thrillers, than Richard Mabry is just as good. This was definitely a "can't put it down" page turner. The characters are very well done and the plot line is fantastic. Lots of twists and turns that keep you wondering what will happen next to Dr. Anna McIntrye. This book is described as a "medical suspense with heart" and it is definitely that.
Nancy Beach
I really didn't want to finish this book. I stuck with it and really hoped it would get better. In the end, I was just glad I was finished. I didn't read the first book in the series, so maybe that was the problem. I felt the story line was weak and too easy to know where the author was going.
D.L.
This book was terrible. I thought I would enjoy it since I love medical mysteries but it was disappointingly awful. Riddled with typos and dragged on and on and on. I finally skipped to the end to find out what happened. Would have been 100% better were it not pushing church every chapter.
Shelli Proffitt Howells
Kinda boring. The story never really seemed to move forward much. Pacing felt off. I know he's a Christian author because of all the church references, but I thought it felt a little forced, like he threw it in there to cater to the Christian audience.
Lori
As you know, if you read my review of Code Blue, I'm already a huge fan of Dr. Mabry's work. His stories have lots of elements that make a mystery/thriller a "keeper", IMO -- fast-paced action; intriguing twists that keep me guessing 'til almost the very end; just enough romance to make me happy; characters I can relate to, even though we may not have lots in common; plus, I would love to see Dr. Mabry's books become a movie, or even a TV series. In fact, while reading Medical Error, one of my n ...more
Linda
Medical Error is written in an action-packed, medical perspective that will keep readers thoroughly intrigued, as it all intertwines around identity theft .

Eric Hatley’s last day started out normal for a UPS driver. However, he ended up in the crossfire of gang warfare and wound up in Parkland Hospital OR. Life for Dr. Anna McIntyre changed that day due to a medical records mix-up on the patient.

Shortly thereafter, the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) was knocking on her door for over-presc
Tamara
MEDICAL ERROR, the second installment in the Prescription for Trouble series by Richard L. Mabry, M.D. did not disappoint. Reading it on the heels of CODE BLUE, I once again found engaging characters and a unique plot.

When Dr. Anna McIntyre loses a patient due to an identity mix-up she’s baffled. But that is only the tip of the iceberg when she finds out her own identity has been stolen. Forged prescriptions, her credit in ruins, and a positive HIV test has Anna backed up against the wall. When
Janet Sketchley
Dr. Anna McIntyre is a respected ER surgeon in a Dallas hospital—until she becomes the victim of identity theft. Someone is prescribing narcotics under her ID, maxing out her credit cards, and more. And when her team loses a patient through what looks like medical error, she may be in for a malpractice suit too.

The hospital gives her a two-week “vacation” while their legal experts scramble. Faced with hostile investigators, Anna decides to find the truth and clear her own name. Following up on t
Suzanne Williams
4.5 stars. This book put me in mind of one (unrelated) written by an ex-cop in that that book felt like a book written by an ex-cop. This felt from the start like a book written by a doctor. That gave it both positive and negative vibes for me. I liked both books because the knowledge of the author came into play. Knowing how a doctor would think in situations gave the story authenticity. However, at times the medical terms did become tedious, especially during the surgery scenes.

The only reason
Elizabeth Noah Astle
I read the first book in this series code blue and really like it so when I saw there was more, I was excited to read the next one.
Medical Error just did not seem to hold up as a medical thriller for me--a guy does on the OR table due to an allergic reaction to a drug, the end of the medical part of the story. I wish it was more a medical rather than other.

The rest of the story...Dr. Anna McIntyre has a patient who suddenly dies on the OR table from a drug reaction. Next thing she realizes is t
Monnie
All in all, pretty good for a "medical" mystery I read in a single Saturday (with plenty of time to cook lunch and dinner, scrub the bathroom floor and finish up a multitude of other at-home tasks in between). When I got an opportunity to get the e-book free, I agreed because I'm a big fan of mysteries that have to do with the medical profession. All I knew then was that the author, Richard Mabry, is a retired medical doctor. Okay so far, I said.

What I didn't realize is that it's the second in M
Julie
Imagine being without your ID, finding yourself in a dire situation in need of emergency surgery, and no one knows who you are. That's where Dr. Anna McIntyre finds herself, well with her patient anyway. When adverse reactions occur to the treatment given during surgery, Anna finds herself in a huge legal mess.

The DEA, Denver Police, and a family are on her tail...and she can't figure out what she's done so wrong to cause this problem! She only followed protocol!

Then Nick enters the scene...a
Diana
I appreciated the heroine didn't jump into a romance in the midst of everything that was going on. Most books have the heroine and the new guy sleep on the second date even though she's in the midst of a being framed for murder. Like finally getting a guy after all these years is more important than clearing your name.

Right anyway, this book kept well with the medical terminology without going over the reader's head. And I loved the imagery of pulling at the tangled yarn to find the end. You cou
Casey
From an accidental death on the operating table to a stolen identity to a murder, there is plenty of suspense to go around in MEDICAL ERROR.

I was torn on how to rate this novel. The story in and of itself is a good novel, it kept my interest and had a good plot line. But I wavered between three and four stars because it was a pretty technical book. At times I was overwhelmed with the medical facts that weren’t always clearly explained. And the romance thread was not that strong. I would have li
Lisa Johnson
Title: Medical Error (Prescription for Trouble #2)
Author: Richard L. Mabry, M.D.
Pages: 262
Year: 2010
Publisher: Abingdon Press
This is the second book in Richard Mabry’s Prescription for Trouble series. The first book is titled, Code Blue and was reviewed here previously. This story is set in Texas, which is also where the author lives. His experiential knowledge lends great detail and information to the story.
Nick Valentine is a pathologist, trying to gain a promotion to assistant professor at
  • When the Devil Whistles
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • Griselda Takes Flight (Bright's Pond #3)
  • The Dead Saint
  • Sweet Baklava
  • Goodness Gracious Green (Green #2)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • The Triumph of Grace (Grace in Africa, #3)
  • Disaster Status (Mercy Hospital, #2)
  • Through the Fire
  • The Big Five-OH!
  • Listen
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Protector
  • Eye of the God
  • Paid In Blood (NCIS, #1)
  • The Deuce (Midtown Blue #1)
  • Elisha's Bones
Dr. Richard Mabry is a retired physician, past Vice-President of the American Christian Fiction Writers, and the author of five published novels of medical suspense. His books have been finalists in competitions including ACFW’s Carol Award and Romantic Times’ Inspirational Book of the Year, and have won the Selah Award from the Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference. His forthcoming med ...more
More about Richard L. Mabry...

Prescription for Trouble (4 books)
  • Code Blue (Prescription for Trouble, #1)
  • Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3)
  • Lethal Remedy (Prescription for Trouble, #4)
Code Blue (Prescription for Trouble, #1) Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3) Lethal Remedy (Prescription for Trouble, #4) Stress Test Critical Condition