Motherhood Is Murder

Motherhood Is Murder (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #18.5)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Four of mystery's reigning matriarchs have joined together to concoct a delectable stew of clues, corpses, and felonious hijinks -- all spectacularly seasoned with a mother's loving touch! In this witty and winning quartet of all-new mysteries, the incomparable Mary Daheim gives harried mom Cousin Renie from the bestselling "Bed-and-Breakfast" series a triple dose of the m...more
Published March 25th 2003 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Motherhood Is Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motherhood Is Murder

Karen GoatKeeper
Four mysteries about a hundred pages each are in this book. Each is different although each centers on a mother.
The first story ends with an unexpected twist as the mother tries to survive three weddings for her three children all on one day.
The second story is filled with complications each of which are set off by an action taken with good intentions as one mother attempts to help another mother rescue her daughter and grandson.
The third story has a mother/grandmother going undercover to solve...more
Sandy
May 15, 2009 Sandy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
Four mini mysteries from four cozy writers.
This was my first time reading anything by these authors.

Dial M for Mom by Mary Daheim *****
Judith McMonigle Flynn's Cousin Renie prepares for her children's weddings. All three taking place on the same day, the day before Mother's Day! Along with the craziness that comes with the weddings, there is a death and a mystery man sneaking around showing up in photos.
I liked wondering about the mystery man. By the end, I was crying with joy. Wonderful story....more
Dorothy
I only gave this 4 stars because of the last story, Tomcat, by Shirley Rousseau Murphy. It was the only story worth reading. The others, Dial M for Mom by Mary Daheim, Mother's Must Do by Carolyn Hart, and Proof is in the Patch by Jane Isenberg, were not all that good or interesting. I picked it up thinking I would enjoy other cozy mystery writers as well as Shirely Rousseau Murphy. The first three gets a *yawn* whereas the last one, Tomcat, gets the 4 stars.
Chris
The stories by Daheim and Isenberg were very good. However, those by the other authors in this work were very hard to follow and disappointing.
John E
If there is nothing in the house to read, I guess this would be OK. A real dissapointment. Mother would not have approved.
Anna
This was short stories. I was only interested in the one by Carolyn Hart.
Nicole
Daheim & Hart were great. I didn't care for the other two
Debbie
I love all the death on demand mysteries
Marta
4 mini mysteries-I liked 2 of the 4
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Sharon S.
Sharon S. marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Gyung-Min
Gyung-Min marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Kathie Albinski
Kathie Albinski marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Khd
Khd marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Hydrei
Hydrei marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Rachella Baker
Rachella Baker marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Carolyn Injoy
Carolyn Injoy marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Seattle native Mary Richardson Daheim has been fascinated by story-telling since early childhood. She first listened, then read, and finally began to write her own fiction when she was ten. A journalism major at the University of Washington, she was the first female editor of The Daily where she attracted national attention with her editorial stance against bigotry.
After getting her B.A., she wor...more
More about Mary Daheim...
Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #1) The Alpine Advocate (Emma Lord Mystery, #1) Fowl Prey (A Bed and Breakfast Mysery, #2) Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #4) The Alpine Betrayal (Emma Lord Mystery #2)